Temporary Process For Archiving Avatar Items

I filed an archival request last year. On March 22nd 2023, I was told (and I quote with a direct copy paste from the archival request ticket):
This email is to confirm that your request for the removal of certain content you uploaded to Roblox has been received and we aim to complete all such requested removals within 30 days of receipt of the request. Some content may take longer to remove; if you have any questions about content removal, please feel free to reply to this email.

No strike or moderation action should be applied to your account as a result of this request. If you receive a strike or moderation action, please reply to this email and we will assist you further.

On May 24th 2023 two items from the archival request were hit with DMCA claims. I of course got a strike from them, despite being told they were going to be archived within maximum a month before the strike happened. Because this was my third strike I got a ban, so of course I simply appealed saying “hey, I was told these items were archived and I would not get a strike in (ticket number)”
Long story short support refused to unban me and kept switching their story between variations of “ticket doesn’t include the striked items” (it did) and “ticket doesnt exist” (despite the fact their story switches on the next reply to imply the ticket does exist)

During the following several months, none of the assets ever get archived.

I am being 100% honest when I say I wasn’t unbanned until January 6th 2024. Literally 7, approaching 8 months later.
They refused to acknowledge it was their fault (“After a close review, we have restored your account as a one time exception.” implying that the items weren’t archived)

I questioned support on if the assets will ever be archived (because even still, that many months later, they weren’t archived) and got a WORD FOR WORD copy of the original archival request response on January 7th. It then took until 10th of April, a few days over 3 months later for them to actually archive the assets, despite TWICE telling me “oh yeah we’ll get rid of them in 30 days”, both times being a complete lie.

In short I have literally zero reason to believe this exact same support team will care about our safety and security whatsoever.

I’d be willing to bet actual IRL money that this could still be an issue even with the new asset hiding change they made.

6 Likes

This was the primary problem with the Copyright Agent holding up requests to archive content despite promising to do so within 30 day timespan. Those emails indicated if they were DMCA’d to contact them about it.

That’s what got people really worried because 30 days is a long time as it is to process an archive request and for everyone it took many months to even years. Yours is probably the worst case I’ve seen posted on the Dev forum. Even though people had requested the items to be archived, they weren’t and the copyright agent continuously denied even having tickets for your request.
That’s why I continuously stayed up to date until they did get archived.

My post which is about the enmass archiving that occured on April 9 of this year, on the other hand, deals with items that have been already archived.
That’s the next question. Are archived assets treated as archived assets or just harder to find regular assets where they can still be DMCA’d, undercutting the whole point of archiving?

5 Likes

Does anyone else not have the “Asset Archive Request” option in the support form after selecting DMCA? Unless, its Asset Removal Request now.

2 Likes

I sent an email to both copyright_agent@roblox.com and ipcontent_removal_request@roblox.com on May 29th 2024 with all the assets I request to be removed from my account to avoid problems and have not received any sort of reply yet. Do I still need to go through this new temporary process? The post explicitly states do not submit multiple requests to take down the same item.

2 Likes

I have a Wrong Termination Issue I had the same issue this is sad i lost my childhood account , nobody is helping me…

1 Like

I have a Wrong Termination Issue I had the same isue guys click and help me too what can i do.

2 Likes

I sent it to the second email and they don’t recognize it or even want to acknowledge it.

2 Likes

That’s another thing.

Nobody said anything about copyright_agent or ipcontent_removal emails.
Based on what information we have, we can just assume at this point those emails are no longer operable.

I did receive a confirmation and a ticket number with the new support feature, they have yet to act on it and there’s no immediate way of knowing since they won’t be sending a confirmation that its complete.

That’ll be SO so low of Roblox to just skip past all the people that got terminated at the hands of THEIR broken moderation system and poor DMCA agents, and then add this feature acting as they’re finally listening to their community when it’s been almost 3 to 4 years too late for many people.

To not even put out a statement on this is just…Wrong.

2 Likes

It would be MUCH better if Roblox simply DIDN’T DELETE the account of anyone who created something that have copyright, but just gave warnings. The idea of ​​banning someone’s account just because they create a virtual item that has some type of copyright is very stupid…

4 Likes

The strike system should if anything limit what you’re able to do on the website, maybe being unable to create certain items for an extended period of time, fine, fair

but to completely TERMINATE a user for something like this, something that isnt harming any other users or harassing them either, just an infraction of intellectual property which albeit is a big deal, definitely not intentional. Some people took the phrase “You can build ANYTHING” to heart, me especially, and went buck wild with creating different things with no worry of breaking any laws since, well, we didnt think we were breaking any.

So for this to be a rising problem as Roblox decided to incorperate sponsorships that want to PROFIT off the platform via having their own game, and having OG users get punished for it, just feels wrong. Its ironic that Roblox did a “Classic” event but seems to of done everything to pretend it never happened the more the website progresses.

1 Like

What about me? i was terminated because a guy that i don’t know massively reported all of my classic shirt and pants i made in 2022 and that caused me to get a temporary ban but he did it non stoppable and i got terminated off roblox and when i uploaded the items they didn’t get a warning or a ban in 2022 when i uploaded them. but in 2024 some guy hater abusively spam reported me and got me banned? how do we get help from this

When did you get a reply? i sent mine two days ago and didn’t get a reply yet

At first it took 3 days for Copyright_Agent@roblox.com to respond when the email was operable.

wait do i have to send the item i want to be deleted to that email or contact them from roblox support by linking and doing the asset content removal request?

i sent my content to be removed to roblox but they haven’t replied back to me yet its been two days will i get a reply or do i have to contact them through the email u gave me?

1 Like

It’s stupid for your account to be banned because you uploaded a shirt with “Adidas” or even “Roblox” written on it. Yes, this is copyright law, but all of this is very, very stupid, it was supposed to be practically free advertising for brands. And one more thing, when someone uploads any image, that image is pending for moderation, and when it comes out of this moderation, there weren’t supposed to be as many mistakes as there are, the principle of moderation of these images was to prohibit images with copyright or even from clothes that already exist in the catalog.

1 Like

Ok, this is the new system you’re using.

They’re not going to reply.

I don’t know when they’ll process your request. You’re now in the same boat as everyone else at this point.

My only real hope is that the admin that posted this sees the dilemma that me and many others are faced with and makes it right by atleast saying some sort of clarification on it.

3 Likes

It could happen, but you can be sure that the “bosses” won’t let it happen :wink: