Terrible mouse sensitivity bugs within Studio

Sadly none of the methods others mentioned worked. Only thing that works is lowering my DPI to unusable numbers like 200 to get the mouse sensitivity I used to have in Studio. Also, I only have this issue since the latest update. It’s annoying cause Studio is literally unusable now.

5 Likes

What is your mouse polling or reporting rate?
I have the same issue with my Logitech G502 Lightspeed but fixed it by just turning down the reporting rate in the G Hub software.
Aka just lower polling rate.

Edit: Just realized this is from 3 years ago. Uhh ill still leave my comment here for anyone else

I also have the G502 and lowered the polling rate on the software which seems to have fixed majority of my problems for now thanks! Despite this post being from 3yrs ago, I notice people still get this bug on a reoccurring basis sadly :frowning:

Turned down reporting rate in G Hub, but a fix should be implemented for this.
I have a G305.

I am still heavily impacted by this issue as of 7/22/22.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing this same issue for months.
It just randomly appears and disappears for days.

Specs:
GPU: RX 590 Nitro
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
Screens: 32" 2k 144hz + 27" TV turned monitor

I am using a G502 Hero mouse with mouse polling rate set to 1000

This issue keeps appearing and disappearing every couple of days

^^ Spikes = Camera snapping

sorry about the bump, but I think this needs to be addressed again. this bug is now being impacted INGAME, making roblox basically unplayable. sensitivity randomly becomes high and low, sometimes jittery. I hope ROBLOX fixes this soon, this is soon becoming a critical bug.

2 Likes

Yeah had this issue for 1 year+ before I changed my GPU
There are 2 ways to fix it yourself until roblox addresses this issue (which will probably not be any time soon):

1. Turn down your mouse polling rate (I had mine at 1000, turned it down to 500 and no more issues)
  2. Upgrade your GPU (ever since I upgraded from RX590 to a RX 6750XT I had no more issues like these except the time i was running like 8 studio instances, that’s the only time I saw this bug appearing again)

I have this issue too. Being in roblox studio and a roblox game at the same time screws with the mouse sens in the engine. The only fix I know is closing both and opening one at a time. I don’t know how to reproduce the issue though, it doesn’t happen all the time. I usually up the sensitivty in each playtest in studio to band-aid fix this.

Not going to degrade my mouse preformace so roblox works.

Not going to spend hours and weeks of hard work getting the money for a better GPU when roblox could spend a day or two to fix this.

1 Like

Going from 1000 to 500 is not noticeable and won’t affect you any way. It will just make it look like you have like 20% higher DPI, just turn your DPI down a bit after decreasing your polling rate.

There is no sesisable difference between a mouse that checks it’s position 1000 times a second and one that checks 500 times each second.

This is contradicting, but I know what you mean. I would still prefer the highest refresh rate available to ensure the best accuracy and reliability, though. Just think of playing FPS games on roblox.

how do I turn down my mouse polling rate?

It wouldn’t be that hard though. My mouse has two specific buttons in the top for this case, one going down and one up.

Depends on what mouse you have and if it has software to customize it or not.

something I noticed about this is that the sensitivity scales off of frames per second. weird.

1 Like

I’m also getting this issue, when using parsec.

I get this issue all the time. Roblox is trash for never fixing this bug.

1 Like

This bug has appeared on and off for literally 2~ years for me.

Powering Imagination.

1 Like

2 years!?!?

That’s insanely long for a bug fix. Manually fixing the bug is quite annoying especially when it appears again after fixing it. I found 2 fixes, but it’ll go back to the bug again and won’t work when doing the same fix again. Only work once after you find a fix, for me.

2 Likes

This issue continues to persist outside of Studio. Most games are literally unplayable.