TextScaled property now applies internal padding on BillboardGuis/ScreenGuis

Hi @bvetterdays @melodrvma @TheMagikMan12 , could you share a repro file with us? Thank you.

1 Like

Can confirm, need this fixed ASAP creating awful UX can be reproduced here @CharlieGordonnn :

1 Like

Hi @LuaBearyGood , could you please provide a step to reproduce the issue or share with us a repro file? Thank you.

1 Like

The issue just happens for me, If its helpful my development partner said he isn’t on the latest version of the app and it’s fine for him, haven’t seen it happen before I updated

2 Likes

We are working on a fix for this and would want to verify with a repro file to ensure it’s fixed.

2 Likes

Hey @CharlieGordonnn,

My files seem to be no longer experiencing this issue, although here is the file that did experience it as shown in the images above.
NametagFile.rbxm (4.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for the file! Could you also confirm on which platforms were you experiencing the issue before?

2 Likes

I apologize for my previous statement. After asking that question I double-checked this.

I seem to have it working on my Windows 11 Studio and Ingame, however, on macOS Sonoma, I am still experiencing this issue both in Studio and Ingame.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the info. I do see the issue on mac, and we are working on a quick fix for this.

3 Likes

Can confirm, this is not happening in Mega Princess tycoon on PC

4 Likes

This issue impacts the latest update. Platforms where the issue should be seen are mac and other devices with screens with retina scale. We are working on patching the fix as soon as possible, however the soonest will be in next week. Sorry about the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

Just going to bump this quickly to ask if you have an ETA of when this patch will be released. Would it be in this week’s release #600? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes it will be in this week’s release #600.

2 Likes

This isn’t fixed in release 600 of Roblox Studio. If we have to wait another week for the fix that’ll be really disappointing.

The release for 600 is not complete yet. We’ll flip the flag to fix the issue once every platform has 600.

1 Like

Hi, the flag for fixing this issue is ON now. Please let us know if you still see the issue happening. Thank you!

4 Likes

It looks like this issue has started re-occurring in my games after the most recent Roblox update. Was not running into it for the past 12 days (since this was marked as Fixed). Looks to be exactly the same bug as before where the text goes extremely small with TextScaled enabled in the BillboardGuis.

1 Like

Yep… it’s back. This time it seems to be present on all of my devices rather than just a few as mentioned here:

This is so utterly frustrating. @CharlieGordonnn

1 Like

@bvetterdays @LegendOJ1 I think this is due to a new flag we rolled out recently. Will roll it back shortly. Sorry about the frustration. Thanks for the reporting.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.