The Big Bug Reporting Update

You can DM it to me and I’ll post it on your behalf, but you can also DM @Bug-Support (preferred) and the team will send it off for you.

Wanted to make a post here to ask what the deal is with private PMs attached to bug reports and engineers’ visbility of them. I’ve noticed throughout months of viewing reports from others, that when there’s a PM attached to an issue, engineers assigned to the issue always happen to ask for the OP to send them the content of the PM in their DMs.

I don’t think this should be the case as engineers are supposed to be able to view these private messages themselves and I feel as if them being restricted from doing so can hold up the resolution of some bugs or possibly make it less likely to be fixed due to the lack of info provided in the public post (?). Whenever I file a report with a PM attached I always put a note for engineers saying to let me know if they need the private content sent to them, but this is a hassle and I don’t think it should be this way.

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide on this.

Please do not post bug reports on other people’s behalf, it technically also breaks forum rules and additionally it makes it harder for us to resolve the issue if the poster is not the person who is having the issue.

Bug reports posted on behalf of others will be taken down. You can direct people to Bug-Support.

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware - this makes sense, thanks a lot & my apologies

2 Likes

hey, can you confirm if you are still recommended to message @Bug-Support if you don’t have access to the Bug Reports channel?

there’s conflicting advice out there, some things say that the group will be shut down soon and other messages tell you to message them.

(also would Bug-Support be the preferred method anyway for a private report about a minor bug that is already being exploited on the platform? other than hackerone, this is not a security issue)

1 Like

Must say that with big delay, my bug reports got accepted from @Bug-Support, so yes, it still works, but slooooooooooooow.

nice, will message them. would be good to know the preferred method however :‎)

What does the bug you wish to report involve? You used the term “exploited” which implies it’s a vulnerability, but you also said it’s not a security issue

it’s a byproduct of a system that can be abused to impersonate people. i didn’t think it was within scope for hackerone and didn’t want to risk a closed report

1 Like

@Hooksmith One of my Bug Support messages was approved in 2 days, the other hasn’t been approved for 21 days. Is that to be expected?

I’ve sent my request to join the group in February, but it’s been several months already. I need to urgently get accepted.

You can still message @Bug-Support btw, they’re still open for messages until Roblox can get a team to actively look through applications for @AllowBugReports

1 Like

I’m still unhappy.

Me personally, have waited a WHOLE month to be accepted into @AllowFeatureRequests and @AllowBugReports, and I have still not been let in. Tell me I’m impatient, I’m still angry. Another devforum user informed me he had been waiting FIVE AND A HALF MONTHS to be accepted into these categories, and he is STILL NOT IN THEM.

1 Like

According to Hooksmith, @AllowFeatureRequests isn’t open yet for people to join. It’s likely only been created for future purposes whenever they decide to let people into the Group

Hi, I requested to join the group about a month ago but still can’t make posts!

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’ve requested to join in February and still haven’t received any notifications (yet). Please just wait patiently or message @Bug-Support if you have any bugs to report.

Requested join the group and i sended to @Bug-Support and im gonna wait patiencly. waited more than hour i didnt make any bug post waiting hour still cant post any bugs i guess

@ZeroCentigrade @gion0015 Request acceptance is quite backlogged atm, so your requests will take several months, see this:

1 Like