The Big Bug Reporting Update

Just message @Bug-Support and a human will manually triage and locate it. It’s not promoted for the same reasons; the bug report team will get overloaded as it is entirely manual

That doesn’t magically make more experienced people for these types of jobs appear out of nowhere

That’s what the forum moderation team does proactively, however they sometimes don’t know technical context and it stays up for months at a time. Slightly gatekeeping it helps with the flow, however long term I hope to see it expanded more so it’s no necessary

Hi Creators,

We wanted to update you on our bug reporting process. We’ve recently granted bug reporting access to over 1,000 new creators, but we need to slow down the rate of new admissions.

Over the past year, we’ve refined our bug reporting process to make triage quicker and more effective, ensuring each bug reaches the team that can fix it. We’ve also improved communication, providing more frequent updates on DevForum and notifying you when bugs are fixed.

The recent waves of onboarding have almost doubled the activity in the bug forum, which is putting strain on our triage process. We want each bug to get the attention it deserves, so we’re slowing down new admissions to better manage the workload and prioritize issues based on your needs.

You can still contribute to the bug reports category on DevForum by engaging with existing reports. Liking and commenting on reports helps us identify the most disruptive bugs for the community. Please continue to engage with unresolved bugs, and we’ll address them as quickly as possible.

Thank you for understanding. We remain committed to improving our process and opening bug reporting to everyone, but it will take more time than we initially anticipated. Your reports are incredibly important to us, and we appreciate your contributions.

Roblox Creator Success

8 Likes

Does this mean that you’re restricting new users from applying to be apart of the bug reports group or does this mean that you’re slowing down the rate at which you’re reviewing applications to be apart of the group. Been waiting forever and truth behold I’ve lost nearly all my patience. I either report a bug through a system that takes 20 years to respond (I’m still waiting for a response to one I sent late April) or I go through a system that takes 200 years to even acknowledge that I exist.

3 Likes

Kind of expected this to happen, it’s one of the concerns I had when the bug reporting updates were announced at first. Thanks very much for keeping in touch with us about this and being proactive to ensure reports we’ve been filing don’t begin going unanswered again in the same state they were a couple of months ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

The latter, you can still keep requesting to join.

1 Like

Of course! Remember, everyone can still contribute by commenting on and liking reports you’d like to see receive more attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for anything below if it insulted anyone in any way.

But you can’t create new bug reports. Search function won’t help you a lot if you have some specific bug, and even if it not that specific - there’s still high chance that it will be covered by other bug reports or won’t show in search at all due to something not working internally.
And don’t forget that Roblox is literally engine with TONS of Bugs, which I almost ALWAYS need to fix MYSELF. I need to fix ROBLOX bugs and NOT ROBLOX?!!! Is that a joke?

It has been 4.5 MONTHS OF WAITING???
HOW YOU ARE CHECKING ELIGIBILITY for joining this group? Do you check everything of account, identify all alt accounts, verified with diffierent emails, or ANYTHING other?

I UNDERSTAND that checking everything may take time, but bruh - not that much time. I heard that you accepted 100 people in 1 week,

Great job, until next point:

That's roughly 14 people per day.

Does only single person checks all that people? And you want to slow this process down even further?
Why not use BOTS, like you did everywhere else: in moderation, in support, in appelation, in DMCA support?

Why it takes 4.5 MONTHS to see NO result?
I don’t want to know only that there was 1000 people accepted into bug reports group. I want MYSELF to be accepted into it and report BUGS, like:

1. ScrollingFrame CanvasSize inheritance from PARENT object / ScrollingFrame size infulenced, instead of working off actual WindowSize?
  2. Output window which makes itself unfunctional when you click on output message in the same time it appeared.
  3. Models not respecting child model’s primary parts.
  4. Rotated GUI frames being clipped out if they are invisible at rotation 0 but visible at current degree, (And nope, CanvasGroup AREN’T a PaNaCeA for this, cause it uses much more memory than clipping)
  5. Mesh importer not always changes file size in import window after altering Unit Scale.
  6. Mesh importer LAGS a lot when you uncheck mesh importing.
  7. Mesh importer won’t import anything if you unckecked root, but then manually checked anything under it.
AND

REALLY

REALLY

REALLY

REALLY TON OF OTHER BUGS

A TON OF OTHER BUGS which I don’t remember rn cuz I forgot them in that 4.5 months time. Roblox won’t be able to fix all that bugs, because either “It’s intented”, “It went into silence due to unknown reason”, or current situation:

wait forewer.

Also, tell me please, what occured to @Bug-Support? I remember that I messaged that group 1-2 times after this announcement, and all messages went silent. Does it closed now and not accepts any messages? How in this case I can report bugs?

I’m sorry, if that all insulted anyone, or made feel bad, but please, understand our point too - we are all individuals, and love Roblox, and most of us want to help Roblox to grow, but it’s impossible in the current situation when not a lot from the stuff want to hear us. Roblox has problems, and this problems are needed to be addresseed.

That’s all. At least for now.

2 Likes

Hey there, there is an update linked in the first post here from May 31, did you read that? It will answer most of your questions on the “wait time” and “eligibility”. I think you misunderstood the reason we are accepting people slowly. There’s no review of applicants, it is based on how much our internal teams can handle in terms of bug report workload.

Please use Bug-Support in the mean-time.

We’d love to open up the floodgates and let everyone in if it was that easy but we have to work around practical constraints about how much time/effort we have available internally to work on these bugs. We understand that it’s important to open up access as fast as feasible and we are passionate about that as much as you are. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the mean-time while we work on these constraints.

4 Likes

been a while since i requested to join and still havent been accepted

1 Like

Hello.
Can you please give me an estimate time needed for @Bug-Support to look and reply to bug reports? Before @Allow-Bug-Reports was created, Bugs I reported to that group were read and appoved with 2-3 days delay. As you said, I reported some bugs, but now, it’s almost 2 weeks passed with no single responce. Only thing I got is 4 views on one report.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for flagging! We’ve had some folks out of office, so hopefully this won’t happen again. We’ll see if we can keep up the pace on converting those. We know it’s the only way many of you can submit bugs, now that we’ve paused opening reporting.

1 Like

Hi,
Does the @Bug-Support team give follow-ups or ever reply to bug reports? I have filed a bug ticket about Roblox not working on MacOS Beta Versions and crashing instantly at launch, and it hasn’t been approved since being filed.

I have included useful information, and a clear title and description, and despite it, there hasn’t been a reply for 2 months.

1 Like

The Bug-Support inbox has little to do with replies to bug reports that have been approved for the bug reports category.

We have a team that triages issues and assigns them to engineering teams internally and those engineering teams are responsible for handling and responding to your bug reports based on their capacity.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

I feel like nothing is happening in the background, and I still think that nothing is being done. I have been unable to play Roblox correctly for two months due to this recurring bug. I have tried to be as helpful as possible by providing every error message so the engineer assigned to my issue doesn’t struggle with finding additional details.

This problem doesn’t occur rarely; it happens with every BETA update. According to Apple, companies can update their applications before these updates are even released. It seems Roblox is struggling to keep up with these updates, as the application breaks every time one is released. (It doesn’t open at all, it gives up on launch)

It would be great to have regular follow-ups (whether automated or manual) to help me realize that my bug is still being reviewed internally. At the moment, I feel little to no connection with this group.

Example of how Bug Requests can be handled:

ClickUp is a great example of how to manage connections between users and engineering teams. When I filed a bug report, they responded within one day.

Once my ticket was sent to the correct team, I was assigned an engineer who was incredibly sweet, patient, and helpful. He guided me through each step to address my bug report.

The fix took only three days, and the engineer was very understanding of any struggles I had during the process. I believe the same approach can be applied at Roblox with more automations and connections between customers and engineers.

The process was the following:

• Automations actively giving me reminders that my ticket is still being reviewed
  • I get notified that my ticket will be handled by an engineer.
  • The engineer works closely with me to troubleshoot the issue.
  • The engineer sends me a workaround to go around the issue & notifies me that the fix is now in progress.

I’ve spent $639 - 2000$ switching laptops every year, thinking it was a hardware issue, but it’s shocking to realize that it’s actually Roblox struggling to address these bug reports.

1 Like

For more context, I have been using Windows for a long time and loved the system. Recently, I switched to macOS Sonoma due to the recurring problems Roblox kept having on my Windows devices (even at Windows 11).

Despite having a new laptop and completely different software, little to nothing has changed regarding these bugs. It is pretty sad to see them starting to happen again.

Just to clarify, your bug report has not yet been approved for the bug report category, it’s still in the Bug-Support inbox. (your previously reply was worded in a way that made me think your bug report had already been approved)

No engineer has seen your bug report yet since it’s not been approved for the category yet.

I’ll check why your message was not responded to or approved yet. We’ll follow up privately on your private message with Bug-Support later.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I accept that I could have worded my previous message better, so I have edited it for clarity.

No, my bug report was not approved. Since then, I have let it sit without any updates, as I was met with the sound of crickets. :cricket::crescent_moon:

(At least the crickets and I get along pretty well! We’ve become friends.)

From reading your post, it seems you’re interested in improving communication with the bug reporting process. Feel free to post your perspective and ideas on this request. I think doing this will help keep the feedback on this subject together and get your suggestions addressed. I plan to request an update on this soon.

1 Like

Hey folks let’s keep replies on this announcement on-topic with questions/concerns about bug report accessibility. You can convert these questions into DMs.

2 Likes

On the topic of bug report accessibility, I have a significant bug to report that will help both my development team and Roblox, but I cannot post it or join #bug-reports. It seems to be a problem with a built-in Roblox feature I cannot script around. Should I DM the bug report to someone in the meantime?

Thank you for any help!