The Big Bug Reporting Update

If you actually got accepted maybe.
And my point is, just let ppl post bug reports. Without additional hoops to jump through.

1 Like

We’re not concerned about “spam”, we’re concerned about volume of bugs in general. Note that the post you are replying to does not make any claim about “spam” or otherwise noise/quality issues with the bug reports.

What we’re trying to achieve is to have a program where if you report a bug, you can be reasonably sure it will be looked at and you’ll see a response. There’s no use in allowing everyone in today and then you have no chance of getting any sort of eyes on your bug report because we don’t have enough resources to look at all the bugs being submitted.

We’re slowly scaling this up so that behind the scenes we can handle more bugs. The past couple weeks we approved a couple hundred people each week into the group, so we’re catching back up. Appreciate your patience!

1 Like

The volume of bugs does not in- or decrease just because you refuse to acknowledge them. That is what I was saying.

Just employ a couple people who’s job it is to read through bug reports and forward the important ones to your engineers. Then you can:

Just for refrerence, how many new applications did you receive in that same week? And at this pace, approximately how long will it take for you to clear the backlog? Since some people have been waiting for months already.

1 Like

Yes aware of this, as mentioned in my previous post, thanks. I am referring to volume of bugs in our system.

~50-ish requests, hence “catching back up” in previous post.

1 Like

Yes I’m aware of this, as mentioned in my previous posts, thanks.

Instead of limiting who can post bug reports, just filter them. Maybe “spam” filter was the wrong word there.

Being aware of bugs that exist would be more important than everyone getting a longwinded answer. Most reasonable people understand that these things take time. As long as someone at least changes the topic’s priority to low.

And at this pace, approximately how long will it take for you to clear the backlog?

1 Like