The Mountains (Showcase)

Hellooo everyone I am back with yet another terrain build and I present to you The mountain below you will find a pic of the game (Still working on it) this game is based off of the beautiful village of Appenzell, Switzerland. The game will be released to the public soon so keep and eye on what I post to be able to view if for yourself. Without further ado here are the pics.

Pics

8/22/2020

8/23/2020

8/23/2020 more recent around 12:13 P.M.

8/24/2020

8/26/2020

I haven’t revealed much but as I progress I will release more images of the game

10 Likes

Currently making good progress added sunrays (To all those who like to torment me about my use of bright sunrays you will be happy to know that they are much dimmer as I am trying to get a different feel)

Also made more hills planning to create about 3 or more waterfalls and added a tad bit more density

Thanks for reading!!!

2 Likes

Don’t let them stop you, you should instead make the sun-rays so bright that it makes the game borderline unplayable.
EDIT: also nice mountain :+1:

5 Likes

lol but we must remember our photosensitive players so unfortunately I cannot also the bright sunrays just don’t fit so I decided to experiment with density for once.

1 Like

Added more pictures :smile: also I don’t know if this is just me but I’m only able to complete actually good work every month or so everything else I do seems bad but out of nowhere one day it just starts to look really good and I keep going with it but enough of my blabbering, have a good day!

Edit: Before you ask what inspired me to build this which I already told you, I literally watched a video on Switzerland before I built this lol

1 Like

Everyone please don’t be afraid to express your opinion I will look at all and yes I said all feedback with a constructive point of view :smile: thanks for reading!!!

1 Like

I will be honest, it looks rather basic at the moment (though I do appreciate the waterfall).

I anticipate there will be more than just this mountain in the near future, then.

Keep us posted. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looking good, should add some builds and lighting to spice it up!

1 Like

Indeed there will be this is only the beginning my friend!

Ok everyone I need you guys’ opinion on what to do to the lighting

Option 1: Use density and things that fall in that category
Option 2: Go on the bright side of things and use sunrays

Please reply to this post with your opinions

Edit: Today I made another waterfall planning on making many more keep checking this post for daily updates!

Edit two: Added another pic and in this one I added my avatar lol try to spot it xd

Ok so dunno if you guys need some encouragement but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST FEEDBACK!!! im literally begging rn plz fedbak

i are at my last stand please people can’t you all just type something pleaseeeee!!!

I think the snow on the mountain would look better if it popped out a little bit from the mountain so that it appears to be on the mountain not part of it. Other than that it looks good!

Thanks for your feedback remember that those screenshots are old ones it looks much better now I’m going to be sharing some recent screenshots when I can.

Added a more recent pic ok so I am going to make a challenge: If you are excited for the public release of this showcase like this post also plz still lookin for feedback at this point I’ll take anything come onnn guys can’t you just say something!!! plz plz plz post some fedbak plz PLS!!!

You should try to follow natural tendency’s of mountains. For example:

The snow will not come in patches but instead comes with altitude, though glaciers can bring snow further down the mountain.

Trees, unlike snow, do seem to come in patches.

The rocky areas originate from areas that are both inhospitable to plants and also cannot hold onto snow, like steep slopes or caves. Increased erosion as you go down a mountain would mostly eliminate rocky areas at low altitudes.

mountains usually come in wedge-like shapes with harsher edges at higher altitudes. At mid-altitude gouges lead down to valleys, formed from flowing water and ice. at lower altitudes mountains become vegetated and eroded, making terrain smooth. You can see this if you look for pics of mountains online.

mountains are huge in a way you can’t appreciate unless you see one in real life, but if you want to get a feel for the the massiveness then you can look at the opening cut scene of the roblox game mount Olympus Mons.

Think about weather conditions. its something that really will step up any showcase, especially if the weather changes around.

I am just stating things as I see them; I am no mountain expert. Either way though, I hope this helps you with feedback!

3 Likes

This is… Awesome thanks this really helped and I will use this as a resource thanks for taking the time to give me such thought out feedback much appreciated.

As for the things you addressed there is a lot of snow in Switzerland and I am trying to achieve a view of what it looks like in the colder months.

Now addressing the tree subject when I have the energy to make a tree or hire a modeler I will definitely place vegetation.

Though I want to only use ROBLOX terrain tools so I probably won’t place trees and such though I will try to.

Thanks again for your feedback!!!

1 Like

This looks amazing! All I could really ask is if there is water in the caves that the waterfalls come from, so the waterfalls would be like a waterfall. But other than that this is a really good job :clap:

1 Like

Indeed thee is water in the caves the screenshots just don’t show it very well thanks for your feedback!!!

Ok so you can expect the showcase to be released sometime around next week so keep your :eyes: peeled also plz fedbak come onn people FEDBAK!!!

Currently very happy and satisfied with what I’ve done posted a more recent screenshot of the game the showcase might be released early!!! :eyes:

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION
Should I pre-release the showcase?
Please reply asap

Hi there everyone! This is me again the showcase is very close to release just gotta fix a few terrain bugs and adjust the lighting!!! Who’s excited!!!