The Robux exchange rate and monthly cash out limit is increasing!

Hey All,

I want to walk everyone through an example to help clarify how this new system will work. There is some confusion over what counts as “clearing” your old Roblox balance that I want to ensure everyone understands before you go out and buy every Dominus.

• Developer X has 1.75 million Robux in their account as of today.
  • Over the next month they earn 500,000 from purchases in in their game, spend 250,000 on new hats, and DevEX 1,000,000.
  • 1.75 - .25 - 1 + .5 = 1
  • Developer X now has 1 million in their account; however their effective balance is 750,000 old Robux and 250,000 new Robux. This is because the 250,000 spent on Hats does not count towards clearing the initial balance of 1.75 million (All site transactions use new Robux).

I also want to point out that the finance team will be returning a balance after each DevEx that includes your old/new Robux balance and where you stand on the path to clearing your old balance. The DevEx team will tell you when your account has reached the “all clear” status.

I realize this system is not particularly simple, but it was designed to be fair and balanced for all developers. We really wanted to avoid the situation of rewarding folks who were hording money or punishing folks who just cashed in for a large amount.

And please remember as we work through all of the unique situations that may occur, the worst situation here is that you exchange Robux at the old rate that as of 2 hours ago was the only rate that existed.

39 Likes

And in the case of people who have a certain amount of their robux that’s ineligible for devex? Hopefully that’s not counted in the “snapshot”.

5 Likes

I think it’s a simple system and I really like this solution, thanks for putting thought into this :+1:

8 Likes

Great news for everyone and a very exciting sign for the future.

Good work everyone.

2 Likes

Say I have 250k in group funds, I payout my account those full 250k, would those be in the new rate or the old rate?

8 Likes

:joy::sweat_smile::sweat::disappointed_relieved::tired_face:

ripperoni me

10 Likes

This is amazing news!

I only have one question of concern. If the user cashing out gets their money from Group Funds, but does not transfer the group funds to their account until after the update, even though the group funds existed in the group before today, will they be able to transfer those from the group to their profile and cash those funds for the new rate? Or will all of the group funds have to be spent too along with whatever is in your profile currently?

2 Likes

Did this snapshot include current pending ROBUX, or only ROBUX currently in your account? What about ROBUX stored in group funds?

Really great news either way, though! Thanks!

2 Likes

@JParty

So say you have 100k today but you don’t have OBC and are going to wait until you have a further balance (like 1M) to buy OBC again and DevEx. Would you get all 1,000,000 R$ in the 0.0025/R or 900k in the 0.0035/R and the 100k in the 0.0025 R? Making out a total of $3,150 + $250 = $3,400, instead of the $3,500?

3 Likes

How does this snapshot work with robux from limiteds? If a large majority of the robux comes from games, then the request will probably be approved, but a portion of it will still be “old” robux that wasn’t “cleared.” Is there going to be a variable rate until all of the old/ineligible robux is gone?

2 Likes

People will now get 20000 extra dollars if they were turning in 20mil worth.

Holy hell.

3 Likes

This is amazing

And perfectly timed for the new Miner’s Haven update :wink:

9 Likes

too bad i cannot devex :l

1 Like

If I spent R$ 250,000 on a hat yesterday, will I still have to work through that 250k at the old rate? What if I spent it a year ago? If I’ve spent 1M robux on hats over the lifetime of my account, does that mean that I have to cash out 1M robux at the old rate before I can move up?

3 Likes

If I have 250k in group funds pre increase and give them to someone, how much will they get?

Also, if one developer pays another developer 250k through his own account, how much will they get?

3 Likes

$625, the robux was earned before today.

1 Like

Will developers be able to cash out a mix of old and new robux, and will the cash out amount on the various web pages reflect this mix?

4 Likes

I believe the largest unanswered question right now is whether or not group funds were also accounted for when they recorded all the old Robux. Since technically the money in group funds is not on yours or anyone’s who can devex profile, I can see how they may have not included those funds.
It would make sense of course if they did account for group funds as well, but it would be a difficult task on their part to record and keep up with everyone that receives that money if sent through group payout.
For instance, what would happen if a person who has cleared their account of all old Robux, and is cleared for the new devex rates were to receive money from a group payout that still had old Robux?

I guess at this point I’m just waiting to receive a statement about the Robux from group funds before making my next move.

8 Likes

When will the new rates take effect?

1 Like

Couple more examples and some updates.

The Account Snapshot
Each account’s balance was marked (as of yesterday) for that exact R$ balance, this includes any internal finance documentation detailing what is “earned Robux” (side note: I’m working with the finance/DevEx team to create an informative post explaining exactly what is and isn’t "earned Robux, but more on that latter) .
And remember, when you apply for DevEx and get approved you will receive a detailed report on what category each of your Robux fall into. You are free to withdraw any mix of these funds, but old Robux will always be cleared first.

Group Games
Group games are an interesting outlier in this update. Compared to the total Robux value of personal accounts, groups represent a very tiny fraction of total Robux. In light of this information and difficulties tracking the quantity of group payouts we will not be including group funds on the legacy Robux watch list. Whenever these fringe cases occur we want to error on the side of rewarding the developers so as of today all funds in groups will be treated at the new value ($.0035 exchange rate). Gratz to the group folks! Now before you all go out and transfer all your funds to groups, please understand we did the math and its not cost effective.

New Opportunity to Achieve a Zero Balance
I received multiple inquiries about getting to a zero balance now to avoid dealing with any Robux value complications in the future. I spoke with finance and we are going to offer a no cap one time DevEx for every qualified developer over the next 2 months at the old rate. This is a one time account clear for any developers looking to remove old Robux. We are offering this a special scenario and the details still need to be figured out. If you are interested please reach out to either the DevEx team or myself for more information.

32 Likes