Thoughts on Realistic Cinema? | Big Screen Experience • Solo Project

Hi! :wave: I’m Jack, my interests in realism within architecture & game design over the years on this astounding platform has motivated me to push further in creating sustainable, unique environments & experiences. I’ve recently come back to working on a solo project in which showcases a realistic cinema venue with a somewhat functioning screen, currently consisting of a re-upload of the old classic ROBLOX: Be Anything, Build Anything trailer from 2011 utilizing textures and gifs consisting of 5 seconds and then piecing them together which took a day for me to make and resulted in a bad headache back in 2020.

I’d love to get know more on:

• Whether it would be a good idea to continue uploading full short movies and advertisements?

• If you have any suggestions for what short films, movies, animations or advertisements I should upload in future?

• Is the quality good enough for you to look at?

• What features in real-life cinemas do you want to see here?

• Thoughts on the idea of NPCs which join you in queues but also sit down to watch some films too?

• What room of the cinema should I work on next?

• If you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Links

https://twitter.com/experiencebig

Video

Future Is Bright

Legacy Post

Hey there! I’m Jack, you may have seen me around with this post on a realistic cafe. After this, I decided that maybe it would be cool to also work on a variety of other projects which aren’t cafes. One of these being a cinema which can be utilized as a working cinema with functional screens, so far I’ve spent a day re-uploading the old classic ROBLOX: Be Anything, Build Anything trailer from 2011 and programming it to display as it did on the video. I was wondering if you’d be able to help & provide me with advice, ideas, feedback & criticism on your perspective of the upcoming place below. Right now I’ve just about finished one watching room, the rest of the cinema will definitely be worked on by myself in the coming weeks or days. Please note, it’s an extreme work in progress. Several details & aspects of this project haven’t been completed.

I’d love to get to know more on:

• Whether it would be a good idea to continue uploading full short movies and advertisements?

• If you have any suggestions for what short films, movies, animations or advertisements I should upload in future?

• Is the quality good enough for you to look at?

• What features in real-life cinemas do you want to see here?

• Thoughts on the idea of NPCs which join you in queues but also sit down to watch some films too?

• What room of the cinema should I work on next?

• If you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Place Link

Big Screen Experience | Cinema Demo - Roblox

Future

Video

Roblox Cinema Demo - YouTube

That’s about it for now, will be working on the rest of the building and programming soon! I look forward to hearing back from you, your feedback will be crucial to the next stages of this game. :v:

That’s about it for now, will be working on the rest of the building and programming soon! I look forward to hearing back from you, your feedback will be crucial to the next stages of this game. :v:

44 Likes

This is a very cool cinema indeed.
The building is very actually very appealing and the lighting is nice but it can be way more better. Such as making the lights dim as the movie starts and make everything darker resulting in the screen being the brightest in the cinema, like a real cinema.
Maybe make it first person oriented and reduce speed, jump power too. The quality of the roblox movie is quite low but it’s the 2011 ad, however the video was quite smooth so it pans out.
Good job!

5 Likes

The quality of the movie is quite poor, I’ve seen games from 2015 make functional cinemas and not to mention, better quality (not meant to discourage) the design of the cinema is fair but the design is a tad bit boring. The walls have a nice sleek design, not really something that fits cinemas (every cinema I’ve been to has red/black walls) you’re also missing on the projector and the window and I think cupholders. However, it looks good.

1 Like

isnt it literally from like 2010 or something that trailer. How would it be good quality lol.

@OP, I like the movie theater! It’s a great build with a great Idea!

2 Likes

Probably but it’s besides the point, the quality of the trailer takes away from the build and if he put a better trailer up it’d look better overall.

1 Like

If I had the time and skills I would love to build a large 1920s movie palace then upload some old silent films then some decent theater organ soundtracks.
The idea of a cinema in roblox is great!

1 Like

I would agree with @Luxorz. The actual ‘film’ does take away from the build.

I would either wait until the video feature comes out (the feature they used to show the bloxy awards last year) or try to get better quality frames with more fps.

Also i really love the idea. I would KILL to watch a movie with my friends at this cinema. Could be really fun. Also really like how you used SoundService to make the audio echo.

Other than that, i really like the cinema build!

2 Likes

Also, one really important feature you should really think about adding, VR. It shouldn’t be too hard to make this VR compatible, because of how you’re sitting still the whole game. That would honestly be really cool to see, and i’m sure it would bring more popularity to the game, especially with Youtubers trying out new cool features on roblox and making them as a video.

Speaking honestly, i would literally buy VR just for this game.

1 Like

This is definitely a very cool cinema, I love the lighting, the models and generally everything about it, good job and keep up the good work! :+1:

1 Like

I’d personally love something like this on Roblox, the lighting is a brilliant feature in my opinion as well as how much detail you put into making it look like a realistic theatre. I am happy to hear about what updates you have to this in the future, keep it up!

1 Like

This looks pretty sweet dude! Some suggestions from me would be just adding in some more minor details, such as cup holders, drinks, popcorn, a projector, etc.

Overall this is awesome!

1 Like

I like the theatre, I don’t think any changes are to be made. I might be testing it in VR. Since it apparently has VR Support and Nexus VR Character. I’ll update this post WHEN I do go into VR and test for any issues with the clipping, like the old Frizzed had.
Wow, I forgot to edit this, it works perfectly! No issues, keep up the good work Jack!

1 Like

Great architecture! I like the way you have designed this so far. But in future I do recommend you to switch to VideoFrames when they release to have a better quality screen. It is always a good idea to start off with the main part of the building which in this case is the Screen rooms. And then when you have done the screen rooms you move onto the other rooms, so great job on that! The next room I would advise you to work on is the corridor and getting the other screen rooms done. I am really looking forward to the release of this ROBLOX game, and I am sure you will inspire a lot of other developers to follow the same idea. But me personally ,I think you will have the best one! :smiley:

1 Like

That looks amazing! I like how the carpet and the lighting looks like. Nice build and keep up the greak work!

1 Like

that would be soo cool you can even earn money from putting adds for other games

1 Like

Looks great! I have no remarks on this, it looks fantastic. Though I can’t really tell- what material did you use for the wall on the side of the theater?

1 Like

Hey everyone! It’s been a while and I’ve been really busy with school, hopefully I can get back to this fully and finish it off sometime soon, here are some of updates I’ve made for this week:

• Optimise the game to work with Future Is Bright, stepping up from ShadowMap
  • Created a few new areas (toilets, different floors)
  • Added VR Support thanks to @TheNexusAvenger’s Nexus VR Character Model and opted into Beta!
  • Created indicators for when you’re tabbed out or within VR
  • More Furniture!
  • Projector which syncs with the screens lighting

Sorry for the really late responses everyone, schools really been taking up my time.

Thank you!! I used the metal material for the walls around the theatre.

That’s a beautiful idea, I’ll look into how I could implement that later on, thank youu!

If you have any further ideas, feedback please do leave them down below! I’m always open to considering adding new features and optimising the game for a better experience!

2 Likes

Ah alright. I’m really looking forward to the final product!!

1 Like

I can certainly say that this is a very BIG cinema.

1 Like

This is clearly well made.
I am very impressed with everything in this game.

I will truly be willing to wait for new updates here. I hope that the cinema becomes more functional.
The design is charming, as an Interior Designer and Builder. I can agree that this is just mind-blowing.

This is truly a wonderful project made by wonderful people.
This game is to surely grow and have its own community.
The textures and meshes are beautifully done.

I can’t wait to just invite my online friends over to the cinema!
I hope trailers of movies can be there, and I also hope that there would be more people
that would play this game. :happy1:

1 Like