Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

You most likely won’t use every sound in the Kits, and @StrongBigeMan9 has a Very Valid point. I will most likely wait until then so that I may Save quite a bit of cash.

I agree, but the problem is Roblox is screwing over developers. Why do I have to pay for Roblox’s mistake? It is their fault they didn’t license a sound properly and now I am going to have to pay to use it on their own platform.

1 Like

I have to be honest, for those that found the oof sound to be the best , most redeeming part of Roblox in the first place, and that “eveything” is ruined because of it, that’s pretty sad. I’m more concerned about the rest of the implications surrounding this situation on the developer side of things vs. the general player base disappointment about the oof sound.

Wow. I’m at a loss for words. I assume that yall lost the court battle and this advertisement was part of the settlement. While the post is slightly irritating to me, I understand that it’s beyond your control.

What I don’t understand though, is why this entire system was so rushed. It’s blatantly obvious considering that this is all done offsite using USD. Why was this not released after the new marketplace launched? Why is this done on tommy’s site?
In addition to buying the audio files, we then have to upload it to Roblox with our own robux. Making this entire process so expensive and overly complicated is just rubbing salt in the wound.

This entire post was disappointing and rude to many developers. It was starting to look like developer relations was improving, what happened? Y’all really need to stop taking advantage of developers, it’s getting old.

I hope this was just a one-off topic. I do realize that your hand was forced here, but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing.

3 Likes

I mean they just announced the removal of the “oof” sound. That would have brought thousands here alone.

2 Likes

I don’t believe it. Roblox tells us not to advertise in this platform yet they are doing it for such a cheapskate. Literally, they are giving a head start for a person who had just joined the platform.

To be honest, I don’t care about these sounds or anything. What I’m irked about is the head start a CEO got from Roblox, like advertising his products, while top developers here still get ignored. He just got his products into Roblox and is getting free advertising for his sounds, while developers are hoping for a DevEx rate which might never increase and a lot of features in #platform-feedback:website-features be implemented. It is saddening to see Roblox favoring capitalists who haven’t even been in this platform for more than a month rather than the Developers who have been here from years.

So, this guy is getting free advertising from the DevForum. And he didn’t even sweat for it.

So, basically Roblox is showing partiality to corporates rather than the consumers and developers.

Rules Roblox is breaking:

Global Rule 10

10. In every category except Bulletin Board, you may not post on behalf of non-Developer Forum members.

Global Rule 16

16. Do not solicit other developers or Roblox employees to advertise products, services, or anything else.

P.S. I tried flagging the post, but failed; shows how power corrupts.

11 Likes

True, but the the title of about the product of his. Sooooooo

It’s sad that the original death sound it going away, but I’m glad the conflict between the 2 has been resolved. I hope to see a better future in sound design in games.

Wow, Happy cake day!

As we all can see this was a weird post… I think more people was sad and/or crushed of this statement.
Really I think the worst part is that you guy have been using an illegal sound for 15 years.

As for the updates… I think it’s time to step up the game. All these “bad” updates aren’t helping.
It is understandable that somethings must suck a little. I think it’s time to feel the community and not just sit in your castle.

Making a community is hard and I don’t thing the devreel is actually helping so much.
I think that Roblox should start listening to the community. Go in to DM’s and talk.

• HawDevelopment
  1. You’re prohibited to post on behalf of somebody else expect for BB.
  2. The Resources category is just used for free stuff.

It just doesn’t fit any where lol. 100% a settlement.

3 Likes

Oh my god, nobody cares about this guy that trash talked an entire community until he got want he wanted as a publicity stunt. He already got enough coverage from his little tantrums, and now that he can force his way into the development community he’s suddenly all nice to us? Aight.

I could literally record myself making an “uhhhh” sound and upload it. Y’all should have done that and let him keep his sound to himself.

I recognise this post was likely part of a legal agreement, but that won’t stop me from complaining about it!

6 Likes

While I’m not at all invested in if the classic death sound stays or goes, I’m very much not a fan of this forum (and the official ROBLOX account) being used to advertise a third party service in this way. I’m aware ROBLOX worked closely with him, but it still just doesn’t give me good vibes in regards to the direction of the platform going forward.

1 Like

I have a few questions and mixed opinions regarding this post.

Will there be an option to keep this sound in our games or will we have to pay 10$?

If I was in a development team and I purchased the sound pack for the game the team was developing what would happen then?

As many other people have said, we will have to pay even more to upload these sounds to Roblox which in my opinion is not worth it.
A feature where if you upload one of these sounds to Roblox you don’t need to pay an extra fee would be great.

1 Like

They should reduce the price of the sounds.

2 Likes

I’m sorry… what? I have to pay to get access to the sound effects, AND I have to pay to upload each. That’s a bit too much, especially if I want to use a lot of sounds. This seems like a very strange method for both parties to make a profit, and it’s very likely that someone’s going to upload all of his sound effects for anyone to use, without needing to pay. Oh yeah, and can we know what sound effects we’re buying? Maybe give us the name of all the sound effects in one pack so we can see if what we want is there.

4 Likes

They will most likely mark these audios down as copyright due to them not paying to use it.

1 Like

For all those who are saying it’s not fair that you have to purchase the bundle of music and having to then upload them to Roblox I feel you but that’s how it is as it is right now if you want a specific sound you have to upload it to Roblox and also get the right for that sound if you want to work cleanly and not under the book.

And for the sound effect “oOf” my opinion is that Roblox after giving him a shout-out like this should have let it be and for everyone to use but that’s my opinion for the “oOf” sound.

Regarding the shoutout that Roblox is giving, I don’t agree with it. In my eyes, Roblox is discriminating against other sound designers out there. Other sound-designers can’t compete with this the only opportunity they will get if only one is looking for a specific sound or a custom sound or someone that wants everything to be original.

These sound packs will be useful and I am thankful for the opportunity but I don’t agree with the compromises that came to be (compromise of the “oOf” sound have to be purchased in order to be used after Roblox is giving him the opportunity of selling to the developers and also giving him this shout-out thus reducing the business for sound designers that are on this platform)

This is strictly me being Bias

1 Like

While this “Announcement” states that a creator is joining the creative community, the reality is that this post doesn’t look at all like a creator joining the community. This post looks like a blatant advertisement, which is a flagrant violation of the developer forum rules.

Beyond this forum’s rules though, if this advertisement is in any way related to a settlement, disclosure should be included. As noted on the Federal Trade Commission Endorsement Guides: What People Are Asking page:

If there’s a connection between an endorser and the marketer that consumers would not expect and it would affect how consumers evaluate the endorsement, that connection should be disclosed.

In this case, is there any reason for this extremely unusual “Announcement”?

To be clear, there is no problem with partnerships between Roblox, creators, companies, etc. In this case, sound effects and sound packs are incredible resources which can greatly benefit developers who wish to purchase them.

However, the manner in which this is being presented to us is extremely unusual. In particular, the fact that purchases are being directed to and handled through a third party website rather than through Roblox is a complete break with everything that I have seen on the platform.

8 Likes

An advert. Really Roblox? Move this to your now deleted #marketplace (oh hey that actually goes to a tag, you learn smth new every day) channel please.

5 Likes

After purchasing the sound packs, do we still have to pay the fee for uploading sounds into the platform? Ten thousand sounds?

EDIT: If all of the sounds are shorter than 10 seconds, it means the price would be ~$900 for ONLY uploading them.

3 Likes