Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

You’re not allowed to know the information revealed in legal battles. ROBLOX recognizes that he IS the owner of the sound or they wouldn’t have removed it.

In response to anyone unsure why this is in #announcements :

Is that a sufficient enough explanation? This is announcement-worthy.

2 Likes

I understand your point, but this is just the answer to a single question while the whole thread itself is an advertisement. This is unfair for other SFX Designers and developers. This is also setting a bad example for newer DevForum users, since it violates the rules (advertising, posting on behalf of somebody else, wrong category).

I appreciate Tommy Tallarico’s work, but the way he promoted it is completely unethical and against the rules.

2 Likes

The life of not having a front page game on the platform;
Your opinion doesn’t matter…

(For on-topic, I mean I entered multiple discussions around the future of the Marketplace and some long opinions on what this update announces. TL;DR not supporting this but no one really cares.)

This is 100% right. This doesn’t belong in this category, all you’re doing is going against your community. You’re literally just advertising this user, and expecting us to give them money to use their soundtrack. If you really want to be helpful, start building up your sound creators on this platform, encourage them to create GOOD sound-effects for the platform, and then lift them up for their work. I don’t care if this person is an award winner, you brought them here, advertised them, and now you expect us not only to pay to buy access to the sounds, you also expect us to pay to upload them… My gosh.

2 Likes

that’s pretty much the jist, if you’re not popular you just don’t matter in the slightest, it’s a pain that roblox keeps putting that “but we do care about small developers!” on

First off, why is this in Updates?
Second off, why are we promoting someone’s work when Roblox claimed they didn’t steal it.

So Tommy is lying to us and now we’re promoting his work?
Also, Roblox’s opinion of this is going left and right.

So did Roblox steal the “oof” sound or not?

1 Like

if you check the audio it has his name on it so really yes they did take it

1 Like

Yes, however Roblox stated that they DID NOT steal it when they clearly did so I’m confused.

1 Like

If you were to buy the Sound Design Kit, do you only have it for 1 Roblox game or all of them?

They were before taking it off the website offered to use it for free but they declined it and then got it off the website. They could say they did not but Tommy shown proof it cannot be copied. But Roblox still is in the wrong though no matter what they have.

2 Likes

And I believe it can only work for games you make

1 Like

Again: you don’t get to know.
You’re not ROBLOX. You’re not Tommy. You do not get the results of their legal battles handed to you.

I suspect that the CD-ROM illegally took the oof sound from Tommy’s work and they are the real problem, but because of how the law works, ROBLOX is technically complicit, and this is Tommy’s compensation. However, that is speculation and not something ROBLOX has explicitly stated.

…because it’s an update to a situation many people have been following for a while? It’s an officially endorsed sound pack…

2 Likes

“Updates about new features, updates to policies, and other important events or changes that affect the development community.”

In my opinion this advertisement doesn’t contain anything that will affect the development community.
I’m not complaining about the part that gives an update about the OOF sound but the rest is just an advertisement. If you’re claiming that the advertisement is a part of the update, sure. But don’t forget that advertisements are forbidden on the forum.

7 Likes

I think is is a good idea but I feel it is unfair. Roblox is targeted for younger people and most devlopers who are 13-15 do not have any money at all to buy sound effects. Why could you not just buy them yourself Roblox and let all of us use them/come with a deal. You did that with the soundtrack thing a few mounts ago and it is not like Roblox has no money.

6 Likes

I agree cuz Roblox targets this platform mostly for children, not for 12-15 ages. And if you are a small dev, you are basically screwed and can’t even get those sounds.

5 Likes

I know but the development community is more older side of the community (11-14). You can hire other people to create sounds for you I just think it is unfair. One thing I was also wondering about is will games that have the oof sound in at the moment be taken down due to this change (they do not buy it).

6 Likes

You’ve said that the Roblox “Oof” will be replaced and you can choose things from the Developer Marketplace. That being said, what will the default be. I’m doubting Roblox will just… have a blank sound or no sound when someone dies.

I find it also mildly disrespectful that we’d have to pay for this sound that is so much apart of Roblox culture. The sound is even used in the Roblox Anthem video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzXzGMbdQfY&list=LLdoSPsZmofWqKwQUCJg0DGg&index=224&app=desktop

I understand that due to Tommys actions you cannot continue to use the “Oof” sound and he ultimately wants to make money off it, but it wasn’t like you made money on it anyway. You didn’t sell the Oof sound and no one played Roblox just for the “Oof”.

This is basically a big advertisement telling developers to go buy this sound pack. Why bother… Couldn’t I just take the original oof sound, adjust it so your awful bot doesn’t detect it, reupload it myself and use the built in studio tools to tune it to sound like the original.

It seems to me like you’re using this as an advertisement. This isn’t an update, its you trying to clothe an “Update” into an ad to prevent legal trouble.

Again I think most people know why you’re doing it, and most people don’t want to give you the backlash since it should really be directed at Tommy, but… that’s just the way the water flows.

12 Likes

Even if I already had it before it was removed? That’s really bad moderation - removing sounds developers already had access to. They should just change this for new games.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Its like will all the old roblox audio getting removed for copyright. Its gonna happen to everybody. Its really sad :frowning:

2 Likes