Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

It would take someone hours, if not, days to upload every single audio that Tommy ever made (if someone wasn’t abusing uploading api)

The estimated price of uploading this in robux with taxes and also the full ultimate sound pack, that amount would raise to around 2 thousand USD.

In robux terms of price, that would be around 650K robux to upload all of this.

Boy do I sure love wasting my life uploading 2 second audios to ROBLOX only to have a chance of these audios being rejected by moderation.

10 Likes

Hehe, Oversimplified.
On a serious note, I agree that this update is terrible, to say the least.

3 Likes

Come on Roblox… let yourself get sued for once. Don’t get bullied by a dude claiming he owns your sound.

7 Likes

Protip: Buy your own Zoom field recorder, spend some time learning how to edit sounds, and then you get all the sound effects you can ever imagine for the flat rate cost of the recorder.

39 Likes

Roblox will probably pull out a ‘response’ thread, it’s happened previously.

1 Like

The only thing that will be killed by the removal of the “oof” sound are the memes we all love and adore; no one is going to leave the platform over this. The old mid 2000s ROBLOX aesthetic is already long gone.

However, being hypocritical with the rules against advertising on the forum, especially with the official Roblox account and the Updates category is disgraceful.

9 Likes

Why remove the beloved oof sound. At least put a reason why…

1 Like

Honestly I don’t mind shelling out some money for the sounds themselves, but it’s going to be annoying having to buy robux and upload the sounds ourselves.

2 Likes

Moral of the Thread today: ROBLOX can easily be abused for profit.

Even if the case is false, ROBLOX will usually have to comply. Why? Because of lawyers.

If anyone thinks that even a small person will pay for this, I highly disagree.

Let us just wait till someone on the devforum releases all of these audios in high quality mp3 format.

7 Likes

good idea but why do i have to pay £10,000+ to be able to upload the sounds
roblox should make it so that if you buy it they link you a private account with all the sounds uploaded and you can only use the sounds if you own the pack and have a badge on ur profile for it.

or buying the kit could give you a badge that when you have it, it gives you acess to a premium version of the sound library with extra sounds
:huh:

3 Likes

But then Tommy would probably go through with the lawsuit.

2 Likes

I don’t think thats how it works exactly

1 Like

People are mad at Tommy though. Read the top page of the replies.

It’s a great sound pack and it’s cool that it’s being offered, but guys… Advertising it in Announcements? And on-top of that, you also need to pay the upload fees when using the sounds.

Couldn’t you guys just have uploaded it to the catalog and have people buy it with Robux directly, where the permission system would work similarly to animations? Only the owner of the item can use it in their games and their groups.

5 Likes

Yeah not a fan of this either, this is pretty much an advertisement like others have mentioned it will also be sad to see the iconic oof sound go away. I also feel like this will hurt smaller developers/indie developers such as myself who don’t make much of a profit off of our work. Since you’ll need to pay USD to purchase a sound kit and then you’ll have to pay Robux to upload them.
Also I would like to also point out that you can find plenty of high quality free to use audios on the internet. Most of these audios are licensed under Creative Commons licenses or are dedicated to the public domain. Not only are these free to use but you also have a lot of legal freedoms with them, you can share/redistribute the audio files and ids with others. You can also use these free to use audios on YouTube alone for memes. Some audios will require you provide attribution to the author for their work. Heck even some well know games out there use public domain/creative commons sounds, for example Minecraft uses a lot of public domain/creative commons sounds, they have a page on their website dedicated to attributing the authors of the sounds used in their game.

5 Likes

Tommy was the original creator of the ‘Oof’ sound and owns the IP. Considering legal action was taken against RBLX, and that this whole thing is more than likely part of a settlement, I would say that they’re removing it in favour of not paying for a license and/or purchasing the sound from Tommy. Nothing you say will change this.

Imho, I think this is a good thing. It’s Tommy’s right to be compensated by whoever uses his material, and if they are unwilling to pay for it and/or Tommy doesn’t want it on the platform then that’s 100% fair.

4 Likes

Eh, if he was acting as his employee when creating the sound then his organisation would still own the sound. Similarly, I would imagine said employee’s contract would also incl. a clause that ensures he would own a % if it was created using their equipment/software etc.

Pretty sure Roblox will put more restrictions, but ofc people could modify the sound effect.

You realize you can’t used these sound effects outside of Roblox? That’s the point.

2 Likes

…And yet they take 5x longer than other engines to achieve the same.

2 Likes