Too many new DevForum members

I agree, but if they have access to this experienced help and feedback channel, I doubt it would have alot of posts that are like this.

You know how this devforum has groups you can join?

If they ever plan to make a requirement for advanced, intermediate, beginner, etc. When you meet these requirements, you can join that specified group, and maybe that specified group will have access to post in those categories?

I dont know how this DevForum and its programming works, but once again just a thought.

The problem is, I’m a member, but I know the “Basics” of scripting and a lot of the things I ask now are “Intermediate”. If “Advanced” and “Intermediate” were only open to Regulars+, then the Members who actually know how to script won’t be able to ask the advanced questions they need to to make progress.

I stated in my first post here that it should not be measured by forum goals and potentially a challenge or a test?

Haha, everyone decides to go attack people who post in the wrong category, while they don’t actually help people who are asking for help. This is why I don’t use the scripting help category (I try to figure everything by myself, rarely I ask for help when it takes me a long time to solve anything). Now all I do is talk in discussion :\ Scripting help is useless for me, for topics more advanced “what is x in lua”.

An thing which irrates me, is some of these new members giving wrong information…? I don’t want to hurt them so I say thank’s for the Information. This isn’t only new members btw doing this some regulars do this to, so not all the blame should be put on new members.

3 Likes

If everyone would like to support this feature request and add any extra info that isn’t provided yet feel free to support it here:

1 Like

i was given false information which is why i asked. yes i’m newer, but i do actually use the forum. rather than people just becoming a member for reading for three hours just to get an exclusive channel in a roblox discord. which is what i’ve seen a lot of people do

Sorry if this came over as rude, I didn’t mean it in this way, I understand you were given false info. I’m talking about it being in a category for people with high experience with roblox. It’s an example and isn’t meant to offend. :smile:

Edit: Misread what you said, apologies

no, no i completely understand. and believe me, i felt like an idiot after i realized. but before i posted i tried to look around on why that was, because people were telling me something about pending posts which had me confused because people had already been responding to my topics, i didn’t know where to ask besides there. i don’t think i’m a very good example though considering i do use the forum quite frequently, I’ve seen so many people use the forum for exactly three hours just to become the member for exclusive channels in a discord server, the roblox discord server to be exact

Yeah, I get what you mean. The forum is almost too easy to join nowadays.

How will this work though people have different interperations of what “hard” is. For example a begginer might think events are really hard.

it really is too easy, i completely agree. i feel like people think it’s “cool” to be here or they just want to be in here for the server channel

1 Like

i got accepted through the “read alot of crap” procedure, but i also agree that it’s gotten out of hand;
just recently i got replies on a post saying that already sent information can be tampered with

It’s probably not very responsible to try and guess what the requirements are in a public setting, even if your guesses are wrong.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I’ve noticed the quality of posts, such as in dev discussion, have dropped. I think the forum should get stricter with what is allowed to get posted where, and maybe have to earn a certain number of likes or solutions to post in advanced categories.

No… Then people will shitpost to get the most likes.

1 Like

I agree, although the requirements are easy to get a hold of, well predictions of them.

there are already videos on you tube on how to get in the forum.

I mean I think everyone already knows how to get in the forum it’s just the requirements you have to do.

That doesn’t make it okay to spread the “requirements”, even if your guesses (and the Youtube videos I’ve seen) are wildly off.

2 Likes