Transparent frames are selectable?

2 days ago, I was hopping on doing some UI and suddenly I ran into this issue where the frames with transparency 1 are now SELECTABLE when you click on it… This is actually a really annoying issue for me because I need to have containers in my UI so I can properly scale it, and even just transparent frames in general it was NOT selectable at all, so this is a really new issue and I don’t know how to disable it, I’ve tried disabling beta features maybe it’s a new beta feature, I’ve also tried disabling “Interactable” and “selectable” properties, even tho as far as I know they’re unrelated to this topic, and yeah I’m pretty sure roblox slid out a new UI control update, but I’m not liking it so far, or maybe It’s just my own issue, who knows? Please help me and let me know if you’ve also encountered this issue or not, because I’ve rarely found anyone…
I’m also pretty sure that “Interactable” property is brand new, I’ve never seen it before.

5 Likes

Try setting the gui property visible to false

2 Likes

It’s a container tho, if I make it invisible, then all the content inside the frame will be invisible

I’ve seen this issue in a different post yesterday here: Help, I can't select anything under a frame gui

All I can recommend is that you should avoid using containers that fill the entire screen.

3 Likes

It’s too late my friend, too late to remove and rescale 10+ frames, I don’t know why roblox has suddenly rolled this out, It’s super annoying and literally makes me work 10x slower…
Thanks very much for the post!!

4 Likes

If you can interact with other things than the transparency 1 container when the visible property is set to false then temporarily turn that off while you work on the game and then re-enable it when you publish to roblox I guess, Though even if you do all this its best to make sure the invisible frame doesnt interfere with gameplay incase this arises outside roblox studio too, otherwise try setting the new? interactable property to false (I have never seen that property before)

Agreed 100% I have like 20 frames, can’t just do sh*t like this to us

2 Likes

Roblox try not to piss developers off with stupid new updates that ruin our workflow impossible challenge:

No, that ruins the workflow even more than to just use the Explorer. This is Roblox’s fault.

Couldn’t explain it any better…

Good reason to work with GUI objects via Properties tab only. Never changed at least for now.

It’s okay I guess if you’re going to work with GUI objects via properties, but it’s super annoying selecting everything individually through explorer, that’s a lot more annoying and basically just makes everything a lot slower for absolutely no reason…

Never had such problems tbh, and worked via properties for more than a year now.

1 Like

I mean like all it does is take a bit more time but if it works then it works, you pretty much have to live by that if you’re using roblox studio. Because one thing is for sure Roblox barely listens to any of the developers on this platform. You can also just hide it when you’re done with the gui (Scripting doesnt require seeing the gui if you name and mark everything properly)

1 Like

I’ve also encountered this problem. Lots of full-sized frames that I use as containers for other guis and it’s quite annoying having them grabbable when they weren’t before. Pretty unfortunate that this update was silently rolled out without any warning. Honestly I’d consider it a bug/undesirable behavior! Hoping Roblox fixes it.

2 Likes