I have recently converted a morph system over to accessories from models welded to characters. I find that working with accessories is much easier a treat to work with and it looks fairly clean. The only problem I’ve run into is resizing accessories and I haven’t a clue what I should do.
Changing scaling on humanoids resizes both the accessory’s root and the rest of the character just fine. The rest of the parts, however, do not resize with the accessory. I’m thus left with the following abomination of a character:
As you can see, the character itself scales up as it should. The only that isn’t scaling up are the non-transparent parts, which form the rig. A further look shows that only the root of the accessory scales up, but everything else does not.
So, with that being said, I haven’t a single clue of how to apply scaling to the rest of the accessory’s parts. Anyone work with multi-part accessories able to give me a nudge in the right direction?
Further details and comments, if they are of any use:
- All parts are welded to the root via WeldConstraints.
- I have confirmed that the morph is rigged properly for each limb.
- I haven’t yet tried a resize function yet because I’d like to use that as a last resort; for now, I want to rely on how the backend handles accessories to resolve this.
- I did try switching weld types. I don’t know why I thought this would be of any effect, it wasn’t.
- I cannot provide repros of this specific model if they’re needed to diagnose problems.
Screenshot of rig and example hierarchy: