Typing in the script editor is extremely slow in macOS

Yes! After many many months of staring at a horrifyingly messed up screen, I’ve had enough courage to change over to sRGB profile. I’m so sick of looking at the normal RGB profile now! I’ve done it. :slight_smile:

Is it better than “Color LCD” or whatever Apple calls it? :sweat_smile:

Indeed this is a disaster. It’s nearly impossible to code on macOS. I’m trying to link Roblox studio to VSC, hopefully that helps.

You could try separating the script editor from Roblox Studio into its own independent window.

Update on my end - I am still using a iMac Pro (2017) and I find that certain games are incredibly unresponsive. Most of Mac users already know, but it’s a hassle when your computer freezes because there is no way to get out of it instead of hard powering it down or pulling out the cord. I was working on a place that crashed 6 times within 2 hours yesterday. Nothing in Studio is laggy (3D Workspace and Script Editors) but it randomly freezes. It does this in the Roblox Player as well. I don’t think it’s my computer, but feel free to ask for my storage amount, etc.

Could it be due to a memory leak?

2 Likes

Not sure. It’s always two specific games that I run a lot. I think as Mac users we all know how stupidly unresponsive they can become, and it happens way too much. I had to hard power down and restart 6 times within a 2 hour time frame. I can try sending you a game link if you want.

Please do so. I would like to test it out.

Sure, here is the link/

Happens around 5 minutes in flying in an actual plane, I have another link to a place I have created, but I’ll make that public later and send it to you.

Could it have something to do with the planes and how fast they’re flying? Maybe it’s related to physics and rendering?

That’s what I figured as well, but it doesn’t happen as much on my MacBook as much as it happens on the iMac Pro, which is weird.

We should probably figure out if it’s a software issue or a hardware issue. :thinking:

1 Like

Sounds good, do you need any data from my end?

Sorry for bumping this but I am experiencing this same issue as of right now on my MacBook Pro. It makes it incredibly difficult to code and I have had to resort to using a Dell computer for my scripting which has been difficult to adjust too. I really hope this will be fixed as it is annoying and ruining my experience in studio.

Yeah, diagnostic data would probably help.

We can only hope that the issue will be fixed soon. :worried:

1 Like

I just found out the issue for me.

It appears that my screen size is too large.

Whenever I size my screen down, it speeds up.

This can be different for you of course.

Does making it larger require more graphics power?

I do not exactly know, but it worked for me when I sized it.

I made an plugin to edit scripts:
https://web.roblox.com/library/6412439034/ScriptX
It should not have any lag problems.

Did you have the same issue as me? Does making the screen smaller eradicate the issue or does it persist at a smaller level? Personally, I have times when the game freezes and the computer shuts down or when the game freezes for 30 seconds and gets back.

While it’s freezing, data seems to be transferred over though. In Skype, Zoom, and Discord calls, I hear the other side clearly even though my computer is frozen.