Typing in the script editor is extremely slow in macOS

How comes what seems wrong with it ? It works for me

It does work, but you have to use a completely different operating system.

1 Like

Oh sorry i didnt know it occurred on other operating system but if mac users try this it should work for them

They shouldn’t have to be forced to switch operating systems.

Ay yo just me or this fixed all of a sudden??

4 Likes

After a recent Roblox Studio update?

Yes.

1 Like

Well, it seems that Roblox finally fixed the issue. After more than two years! :smile:

Everybody should try updating Roblox Studio to see if the issue is fixed. If so, this topic should be locked and marked as solved.

Studio is still running around 45fps on Big Sur, even after the update. I hope this is resolved soon, not being able to use an entire operating system to develop seems pretty critical to me.

1 Like

Is that an improvement though?

Roblox updated Qt in Studio from Qt 5.6 to Qt 5.12 a few hours ago and 80% of the script editor lag is gone for me now without having to use any hacky workarounds such as changing the color profile.

3 Likes

Looks like the issue was largely fixed then. Is that the newest version of Qt? 45 frames per second seems usable to me.

That’s actually really good to know!

Since it’s only 80%, and even if it wasn’t, I would just highly recommend learning how to use Rojo with Roblox-LSP and Selene. I swear, everything gets auto-completed perfectly. It’s time the script editor gets that level of competence.

Oh just read people are getting 45 frames… Oof. Well, I would recommend what I said above, if you guys need help you can message me (on how to set it up)

1 Like

Still the issue is ongoing, its %80 fixed but not real time response. It made me that enough that I want to quit developing

1 Like

Kinda bad work around, but you can download Visual Studio Code and set up Rojo.

Is 80% still bad? That’s close to 100%. :thinking:

I’ve been using sRGB profile for the past few months alone g with pulling the script editor out, and this is running the newest update (using sRGB profile) unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have any change than previously, a little bit of slowness when using it inside of studio but seamless when out of studio.

Here: Roblox Studio Typing [DEMO] - YouTube

Finally totally fixed with the lastest update. Thanks Roblox

2 Likes

Wow! Great news! Is it totally fixed for everybody else in the latest update too?

So, I’ve actually had a different problem with macOS Big Sur. It’s that the materials become extremely blurry and lose the design.
Before:

After:

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, is there a solution?