Typos & Minor Edits Mega-thread

Hi, thank you for reporting. This is actually an expected behavior for all enums.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting, @Quwanterz @0Tenth @corehimself @mothmage - these issues have been updated now, and changes should go live now or within a few days!

1 Like

pathfindinglink has its code sample wrong by doing a typo of IsBidirectional

NumberRange has a hyperlink for Max but not Min

Script says its default content is “Hello, world” while it is actually “Hello World!”

Documentation for the .LocalTransparencyModifier features incorrect math in the examples.

Edit: After doing some more testing, the formula should be leaning more into this:

clientTransparency = 1 - ((1 - part.Transparency) * (1 - part.LocalTransparencyModifier))
1 - ((1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0)) = 1 - (0.5 * 1) = 1 - .5 = 0.5
1 - ((1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.5)) = 1 - (0.5 * 0.5) = 1 - 0.25 = 0.75
1 - ((1 - 0.5) * (1 - 1)) = 1 - (0.5 * 0) = 1 - 0 = 1

In Solid Modeling, there’s a typo in the section In-Experience Solid Modeling.

“moderling” should be spelled as “modeling”.

Next, in Data Model:

There’s a typo in the Replication section.

Either change it to “from the server to client” or “between the server and client”.

Also on the Data Model page, there’s a grammatical error in the Client section, Teams subsection.

The first “Teams” uses a singular verb, while the second one uses a plural verb.
The second verb should be singular because we usually refer to Teams as “the Teams service”.

Therefore, change “assign” to “assigns”.

Still on the Data Model page, there’s an error in the VoiceChatService subsection of the Chat section.

We can choose to remove the words “the service” from the sentence.

VoiceChatService represents the service the proximity-based voice chat feature that simulates realistic…

Alternatively, we can make an appositive phrase by adding commas or parentheses around “the proximity-based voice chat feature”.

VoiceChatService represents the service, the proximity-based voice chat feature, that simulates realistic…

Thank you for reading through this.

PathfindingLink still claims that it is in beta. However, they have already been fully released.

uh… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

edit: this is in this article

the gif is wrong on ClipsDescendants showing that one of the children are not being clipped
IMG_0945

That intentional engine design was decided for rotated GUI objects, which are not clipped because of technical difficulties, leading to another instance object being created named CanvasGroup. CanvasGroup also enables other features like multi-coloring different elements.

CanvasGroup will satisfy developers’ needs when they want to force-render elements inside instead of using the ClipsDescendants property on any other GuiObject.

1 Like

In Introduction to Roblox Studio, section Playtesting the Course, the word effect should be changed to affect.

This popup has a typo (it shows up when renaming a CollisionGroup through studio’s Collision Groups tab).

Hi there, thanks for the report. I’ve taken action on all of these:

• Removed the incorrect code sample from PathfindingLink and directed to the article instead.
  • Linked up “NumberRange” for the “Min”.
  • Generally just cleaned up the Script page and removed some of the “curious but not super practical/useful” bits on “Hello World!” and such.

Best regards,
IgnisRBX

Great callout! I’ve fixed up the page using the noted formulas and a few more between examples such as 0.25 and 0.75.

Take care,
IgnisRBX

Thanks for the detailed reports. I’ve taken action on all of these:

• Corrected the typo “moderling”.
  • Touched up the grammar for the Replication section on Data Model.
  • Removed “Teams” from the Data Model page, as it doesn’t have big and direct impact unless you configure teams.
  • Touched up the phrasing for the VoiceChatService section on Data Model.

Best regards,
IgnisRBX

The DMCA guidelines page still refers to and links to the old Develop page which no longer functions and now just redirects to the Creator Dashboard Home. This is listed under the “How do I locate content that I previously uploaded?” header. This paragraph also uses incredibly poor English.

The page currently states the following:

You can browse through the page to identify content you have uploaded. You can also use the tab in the Create page to search for content you have uploaded by “Creator” name.

This should be updated to something similar to the following:

You can identify content you have previously uploaded by navigating to the Creator Dashboard’s Creations page and using the tabs visible at the top of the screen to navigate through the different asset types uploaded to your account.

Feel free to make edits to the above as needed. This is simply just a suggestion of how it could be worded.

The link will highlight the misspelled word.

“Acccount” should be corrected to “account”

Typo in If Statements

Other fixes made:

I’ve removed the beta note on the PathfindingLink page.

Modified the phrasing a bit, although it was technically correct in being a list of Player.UserId values for “users”, meaning Roblox “players”.

I removed the misleading animation from ClipDescendants, since the text seems sufficient in describing what the property does.

Fixed this typo.

Thanks for all of the reports, and best regards,
IgnisRBX

1 Like

I’m going to assume that this thread will no longer be needed since we can now submit PRs to fix bugs ourselves.

Hey @DanTDM_Rocks999! We’re going to keep this thread open for the time begin, but if you’re comfortable submitting PRs, please feel free to do so and we’ll look into them as soon as we can!