UI editor does not snap when resizing

When resizing elements, the UI editor does not snap to the snap lines

Expected behavior

It will be able to snap the the lines.

21 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue. It seems to only apply to the red lines that align with other UI? I hope Roblox gets this fixed soon as it massively impacts my workflow in studio

6 Likes

Hello, just some extra information:

This is not caused by any plugin and the issue happens even after fully reinstalling Roblox Studio, it also looks like this bug was introduced in the 571 update.

Position snapping looks to be working fine as can be seen in this video:

I hope they fix this bug soon.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

12 Likes

I have been getting this bug too, I hope it get fixed soon.

4 Likes

Hello, I am sorry for bumping this however it’s been a week since I have been unable to use the UI editor, but is there any estimated time when this bug will get fixed, or will this become yet another forever-open bug report that gets bumped now and then when someone Googles their issue.

Thank you.

5 Likes

I have been waiting for more than a week now. How long does it take to fix? I have a lot of things to do and I cannot because of the GUI Editor being broken.

7 Likes

Is there any update on this? My workflow has been disrupted for the 2 weeks this has been a major issue for.

6 Likes

@thirdtakeonit Can we get an update on this? This issue is arising havoc across developers because we cannot complete UI work, or personally work on our games

6 Likes

We need this fixed soon its nearly been a month and I cant line up my UI perfectly without having to convert it to offset then calculate how many pixels are in between the gaps between frames as can be seen here:

5 Likes

Indeed, we need this. This bug is messing with my game ui design. Without proper scaling, I have to do manual resizing with changing variables, and it takes so long to do it for a lot of uis.

7 Likes

If ROBLOX staff don’t do anything soon, projects involving GUI will be delayed.
I was currently working on a UI menu for a game, had to stop because of this issue.

It’s been almost a month…

5 Likes

I couldnt even complete any UI work. About 5 dev projects and people ive been working for is either cancelled or delayed…

5 Likes

I recently tried to re-address the issue myself, but ROBLOX Forums wouldn’t let me pick the Bug Reports / Studio Bugs categories.

It’s now been over a month since the UI Snapping issue occurred and nothing is done.

5 Likes

It has been a month now, No update on anything about the issue and possible big projects are either delayed or cancelled due to this bug.

A lot of UI designers are starting to lose patience as their work is halted and they cannot align the GUI to how they want it to.

5 Likes

I have a bad feeling that they won’t fix this bug and it will just get bumped every 1–4 months while nothing will be done about it.

3 Likes

At this point it needs to be fixed, it’s running down on my ability to actually make UI because now it’s harder to align them. I’m already close enough to fully quitting Roblox at this point, I don’t really need this on top of it.

5 Likes

If this issue is not fixed by next month, This will be added to the long list of things ROBLOX staff cannot do right.

Believe me, ROBLOX staff can’t do anything right… They can’t even moderate their own platform without RubinSim pointing it out on Twitter.

5 Likes

Off topic, but sure the moderation is bad, but I don’t think that Ruben is exactly the root of the solution to Roblox. He’s blocking me anyways

2 Likes

I was referring to his other account, the… Moderation for dummies one?
Then that got shut down so he made a new one?

2 Likes