I think that’s actually what’s at the heart of this issue - I noticed that the game explorer doesn’t always have the images I uploaded through the properties file picker. I’ll try to retrace my steps on a baseplate with a simple image to clarify what I mean.
Update: I’ll outline what steps I did to try and reproduce this behaviour. I ran into some different behaviour than what I initially experienced; I will comment on this below, @Subcritical_alt
- Created a brand-new baseplate, published before adding anything in.
- Made a ScreenGUI, added an ImageLabel under it
- I tried to upload a png of a circle that I previously had no issues uploading, but right away I was warned for inappropriate content and so it did not upload. FYI, this image is already uploaded to my library on Roblox.
- I instead uploaded a png of a semi-circle, which uploaded fine.
- I created a part in the workspace and added a decal to it.
- I uploaded a texture to the decal, the same circle I tried using in step 3. It too had been flagged for inappropriate content, so I uploaded the same circle, but with a solid background. That one uploaded fine.
- I did this fairly quickly, and to my surprise, both ended up showing in the game explorer under “Images”. So it seems the game is working properly. I then copied the image ID from the decal to the ImageLabel, it had no issues showing the image on-screen.
- I ran the game and it worked fine. I switched the ImageLabel image back to the semi-circle, and it too ran as expected. I even uploaded a third image, a semi-circle oriented differently (which got me moderated a week ago for inappropriate content), and even that worked perfectly fine. All three images were shown in the game explorer tab, and even on trying to upload new images to either the decal or the ImageLabel, all three show up as options.
So it seems as though the problem isn’t occurring for me anymore. However I wanted to note something important regarding to the flags and warnings I received.
When I experienced this issue last week, I was uploading these very images I used just now. I was working with spliced circles to achieve rounded GUIs that I could customize. The problem was that I was having issues uploading them - I wasn’t notified that they were rejected for inappropriate content. But it gets weirder, because I could upload those rejected images through a decal instead, and through a different game that I made to test out the issue. However, those images wouldn’t show up in the game explorer tab under “Images”, meaning they weren’t part of the game yet.
But they still appeared on the decals during runtime. So I figured there must be a moderation issue at play, in my case. It seems like the filter flags things inconsistently. After uploading the rejected images through the decal, I copied the ID and put it into the ImageLabel, and the image showed up as expected. But when I ran the program, only the decal showed the image.
In the other game I mentioned, all of the images loaded fine, and studio was behaving normally. Eventually I realized that in the original game I was working in, I could no longer save my progress, and autosave wasn’t being called, either. I later found out that I was moderated and logged out of my account, yet somehow I was still able to save my progress in the new game I created.
In other words, I think one of my games slipped through a bypass filter that it shouldn’t have. I noted this in a previous reply to an existing post. I’m not sure if it is related to the ImageLabel issue here, but I did experience them at the same time.
The difference between the behaviour now and a week ago is how the game explorer behaved when I could upload a recently flagged image into a different object. Again, they were just circles and semicircles, although they appear stretched due to the aspect ratio changing on the website (my brother later noted that it’s probably for that reason they were flagged).
But now I am experiencing flags for images I already uploaded - surely there is some inconsistency in the process for flagging images - I think that’s what caused this behaviour in the first place. But it’s good to note that at least the decals now don’t upload previously rejected images, which is why I can’t replicate the problem.