UIStroke is Now Live!

that worked, thank you!
and thank you, and thank you… (need to hit word count)

1 Like

Yeah, I purely made that drop shadow thing as a fun experiment. It’s good to hear that a drop shadow feature is on the road map, so I’m pretty excited to see what you guys do!

1 Like

This is the best Studio update! UIStroke just looks so good and makes UI design easier. I use to have to make a frame for the background and it would get kind of complicated for proper sizing and everything.

Hi there, just wondering, does UIStroke fill in numbers with holes in the middle?

For example:

It’s hard to see, but the number “8” in the middle of the empty circle isn’t filled.
Same thing for other numbers such as 0, 6, 9. I’m not sure if I did something wrong, or it’s a feature in the future.

Also, this happens for letters too, like d, b, any letter with an empty shape in the middle.

2 Likes

I found a way to repro this consistently.

1 Like

You could use it in studio, but not ingame, now that it’s released to the public it can now be used ingame.

I enabled a fix for this memory leak on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 7:10 PM.

I didn’t announce it right away because it hadn’t yet rolled out to all platforms. Note that the fix is only present in versions 496 and higher, and not all players on mobile are updated to the latest version yet, which should stop being a problem in about a week.

Update (10/07/2021): Users on old versions must update to the latest version to continue using the app.

Thanks for the fix, i enjoy using UIStroke!

was waiting for this a long time! thanks alot!

Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate the fix a lot!

WooHoo! Thank you for that. I was waiting for it.

Hi, sorry for the bump. Do you have an update about the Thickness property? My GUIs are looking bad on mobile :grimacing:

When using UIStroke on corners and on frames with rotation, there is a very noticable gap between the stroke and the GUI Object. Do you think this will be resolved?

2 Likes

Hey, could you please fix the thickness scaling problem? It is affecting my game very much.

They recently made UIStroke thickness scale with UIScale, however the UIStroke doesn’t scale with UI if applied to text.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.