Unknown Physics change negatively affecting BodyMovers/Constraints

this just randomly happened to me ingame and I jumped then it broke my legs , I will start vibrating exactly like Arenoir said and be able to jump high but in this case it breaks my legs and is not intentional

2 Likes

happening in my hockey game, and it’s interfering with my league :broken_heart:

1 Like

@Cfw_Sky thanks for that report, we validated that setting FFlagSimSolverOptimizeIslandizerManager2 to False has fixed at least some physics issues we’re seeing.

We just turned this flag off, please let us know if you’re still seeing physics issues in your games.

9 Likes

They stopped happening for me, It was definitely the flag causing it

3 Likes

Disabling the flag seems to have fixed the issues.

2 Likes

the issues are still persisting for me. Could there be a delay on the release for me since I see others claiming its working for them.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @yoolurs . Could you please give me instructions to reproduce the physics issues which are affecting you?

-ScipioAfrikanos

2 Likes

I’m unsure how to reproduce it or whats causing it. I just know that my game is basically unplayable. You can see for yourself Walk On Walls Obby - Roblox

@HiddenKaiser offered some potential insight here:

1 Like

To build on this, @EgoMoose ’s getRotationBetween (basically Quaternion.FromToRotation) produces different results before and after the update (tested and confirmed). Almost all things that “walk on walls” use this function. I have deduced that the issue is with the cframe calculations based on other people’s reports.

Blue arrow: Surface Normal
White: FromToRotation UpVector after update

1 Like

Hi,

This flag does not appear to be the cause of our issue.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this insight. Hopefully it helps the staff.

1 Like

Thanks Yoolurs. We flipped two more flags and your Walk On Walls game now appears to be fixed (neat game btw :slight_smile: P

Please let me know if you guys are seeing any more physics related issues.

-ScipioAfrikanos

6 Likes

Hi,

What flags were flipped/deleted appear to have solved the issue. But being that this was a multi-faceted issue affecting multiple different kinds of experiences, I’m going to leave the thread as unsolved until tomorrow ~12pm PST in case any more bug reports come in on our end.

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Great, glad to hear it hello42 :slight_smile: Anyone else who is still having issues, please feel free to chime in.

-ScipioAfrikanos

5 Likes

Looks to be related! Roughly 4-5 hours ago users in our game “The Black Cat” began to experience severe screen shaking and movement distortion in a “swaying movement” like a rotation along the X-Axis, I’ve attached a video to demonstrate. This issue appeared out of the blue but appears to have a connection with sitting down but can also randomly trigger while moving around our map! I’m posting because this issue was persisting to multiple users at the time of writing.

1 Like
External Media

happening here for me, but this is using the new physics character controller:

It would appear this issue has returned, for Jailbreak. If it’s the same issue. Multiple reports of broken gravity, imaginary collisions, etc.

1 Like

What platforms are the reports coming from? Can you also include Roblox app version? Thanks!

Hearing a lot from Mobile. Not sure if mobile exclusive. Some are saying rejoining the game fixed it. Don’t know if this means they joined a different server without this change or if the change was reverted by the time they rejoined.

One user reported this happening across many games and it possibly being related to Union/Mesh collisions. I’m making a new thread as it sounds like it may be unrelated to this BodyMover change. Sorry!

New thread for this issue: Mesh/Union (?) Collisions are breaking across multiple games
Edit: Resolved, the unrelated issue I made a thread for was related a collision group race condition.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue with my trains. They are violently ripping themselves free from the rails and beyond the rod constraint restrictions by multiple factors of distance. Roblox’s quality assurance for any kind of public update is disgustingly awful, and it is frustrating to continue having to deal with these issues for years on end.