Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

They literally. It’s so simple. Just add an encrypted key to each piece uploaded. Almost like a copyright system. If someone reuploads the clothing then it gets denied because such an item already exists, and either they just can’t upload the item or.

Give another key to every designer. Every clothing and the individual encrypted key alongside them will be connected to the “master key” you have.

The person reuploading would have to know the master key to verify this is your design and you have a right to reupload your own work.

But roblox is too lazy. Even if they did this the encryption would probably be hella trash. To the point you probably could inspect element the key(s) ahahahaha.

9 Likes

The whole copying problem is not even that hard to fix, just hash the image, and with “hash the image” I don’t mean the file uploaded because that would be hellish stupid to trick as a system what I mean is to hash the image data excluding file metadata, now that could be tricked too but it will stop bots for once and can be enforced even more using a ContentID alike, roblox made a bot that flagged links in mesh textures but cannot make one compare images? Now also I understand that comparing tonnes of images is not an easy task but there could be a queue for it and that would 100% stop botting, it’s not even that hard to do but instead they put up a system that not only is even easier to trick but also will impact lots of designer and the customers since designers will have to raise their prices for compensate the theft they went through while uploading it.

6 Likes

Is this a current feature or one that’s coming with this update? Despite this, the update is in no way beneficial for small designers.

2 Likes

It’s not benifital to anything or anybody but clothing copiers

4 Likes

So, are we gonna get a number about this tax? People think it’s 100 per clothing, but… We aren’t sure, cuz that wasn’t intentional.

1 Like

Tix being a daily bonus meant that more users could purchase more things, more often.
Having more currency flying around meant it was a lot easier to earn from selling things at higher prices, and since it was a daily bonus people didn’t need to scrooge the small handful they have and avoid spending it on anything more expensive than the absolute minimum (as everyone does with robux now, hence why every single piece of clothing is 5 robux, 2 for tshirts, instead of having a proper economy with clothing valued at a reasonable amount without people complaining as it was with tix)
The removal of tix is what killed the economy. Now it’s basically obligatory to price your clothing on the price floor, or else you’ll have zero purchases because people KNOW they’ll be able to get the exact same thing cheaper elsewhere (either by people/robots copying the clothing, or by people making near identical items)
Tix was removed solely to give Roblox more money into their pockets, by forcing people to buy robux if they want anything.

2 Likes

Roblox doesn’t care anymore, all they care about is making money now. There just making exuses so then they can suck more robux out of us. It’s like with events, before there were no merch in events and you could get free items every event. Now, Roblox is shoving merch that costs robux (which is also sponsering an artist or movie so then they’re geting even more $$$) into your face every event to get you to pay more Robux.

9 Likes

This is simply not true. I agree with your statement that Roblox is slowly trying to make more money from its average user base, like by stripping the features of RBLX Premium, however, TIX would have ruined the modern day economy. As it is known, Bots plague modern-day Roblox, and if they would have access to TIX, they would abuse the feature and transfer them to Robux. From there, they would buy expensive limited items, and or 3rd party sell their Robux. I understand how Roblox removing this feature looked “greedy”, but you need to understand, as a company their goals are to make money, and if they had kept this feature they would have lost a significant amount of money.

6 Likes

I think that’s a better idea in my opinion. Frankly, it opens the window to practically everyone, whether that’s a Developer that can’t effort premium, or people abusing the system. Overall, I love the idea, and would love to see it shape Roblox to what it is today!

1 Like

Why do people think the upload fee is going to be 100 robux? I couldn’t anything in OP stating this.

2 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I think everyone should take the time to read your thoughts. I whole heartily agree.

1 Like

To address a few of your points:

• Any form of plagiarism is bad. It shouldn’t matter if that’s someone’s Steam game or someone’s clothing design - they put a huge amount of time and effort into both. We shouldn’t downplay any form of plagiarism, so I don’t believe it’s wise to make a comparison.
  • Making comparisons to the real world of having to buy materials isn’t good. This is a virtual game, so why should we compare?
  • Who’s to say this fee will slow down things? It may actually increase the copying. They purchased premium before to upload clothing, and probably gained lots of Robux in the process. That robux can be used to upload clothing here if a fee is implemented.
  • Your point regarding designers becoming a game developer - they started designing for a reason so they can express their ideas and create assets for the community, which happens to be the same reason for why game developers start developing. This is the part of the problem, clothing designers aren’t seen as developers and it’s unrealistic for anyone to expect them to move to something which they may not be that good at, or even interested in. If the tables were turned and a fee was being added to uploading games, I don’t think people would be saying go to clothing designing, so that isn’t a fair argument to use here.
  • Regarding clothing designers not being the only ones to get somewhere on the platform. The clothing community has felt neglected for years, so it’s about time clothing designers got somewhere.

Whilst I acknowledge Roblox’s efforts to try stop the botting, this is not it at all. With all due respect, clothing designers have the right to fully complain about this change as they’re the ones who are going to be affected by it. Put yourself in the small designers’ shoes.

11 Likes

Wait a minute, how do we know it’s 100 robux upload fee? Just because of that glitch a little while back where a user got charged 100 robux when uploading a t-shirt to the catalog. This post never said how much it was gonna be.

4 Likes

When I think of Roblox, I think of a place where I can express myself and a place where I can escape from the barbarous events that take place in our world. When I login to Roblox I know I’m not gonna see people arguing or fighting, I’ll find people having fun. I also think of Roblox as a place where I can release my creativity and make anything I can imagine using some of the many useful tools such as Roblox Studio 3D model importing or the new realistic lighting, I also enjoy making clothing. Soon users will have to pay a robux fee, rumored 100 robux, if they desire to upload a piece of clothing to the catalog. I’ve been designing for about a year now; I have now made the agonizing decision to quit making clothing due to 100 robux being too much and not profitable. Not being able to design feels like I lost a piece of myself. Roblox, this isn’t going to help much. Clothing bots make up to millions of robux, this isn’t gonna stop them. Someone’s gonna mess with the wrong person, and get sued.

Bye for now.

7 Likes

Couldn’t disagree more. If you wanna call our opinions complaints, do it. Roblox is a place where people can release their creativity and make whatever they want with no limitations. Having to pay a fee can stop that all. I myself quit making clothing due to this update. I now a piece of my heart missing. Some people don’t wanna be a developer, they wanna be a clothing designer. It’s not all about making money, it’s about having fun. I myself won’t just become a dev just because I have to pay a fee. I don’t like developing and I know some other people feel the same way.

5 Likes

It would help if instead of complaining here. Because here they’re seen as complaints. You all should go to #platform-feedback:website-features and either make suggestions on what they can do or bring attention to someone else’s suggestion so they know what to do. Roblox doesn’t know what will make you happy and solve the problem unless you let them know. And doing it here won’t help.

1 Like

But then they have gotten rid of the post approval group, so now you cannot get the “Regular” role and be able to post there. Another thing roblox has done unprofessionally and has affected the Roblox community in a bad way.

2 Likes

Well then roblox is clearly lacking and should step up their game.

2 Likes

If I could dislike this post, I would.

This update will do more devistating damage to small clothing designers than benefiting the entire site. With the fees being this high they will be unable to make a profit. The funds will be drained, the incentive to make new creative clothing will be killed, as the sales won’t make up the loss.

This will be terrible for me and my friends too, as we often make personalized clothing for eachother and others, clothing that is meant to only make one sale. 100 for every upload? That will entirely kill it.

As the other posts and comments pointed out, the disadvantages by far outweigh the advantages.

This is truly disappointing, especially considering that Roblox will probably go through with this despite all the criticism. So much for powering imagination.

9 Likes
  • 100 Robux Per Badge
  • 100 Robux Per Group
  • 25 Robux Per Group Role
  • 250 - 100k Robux In advertising (Usual prices)
  • 1k - 20k or % of group profits or USD for developers | Each

You say that as if designers don’t pay those fees. We do, almost every one of them. We need homestores, our groups are hardly discovered otherwise. So, devs, badges, music uploads… Most use a group to upload their clothes to along with roles to motivate more purchases. Advertising is a must, so we pay for advertising. Many designers also have extra designers that work for their groups. Yes, many of those skills can be learned, loads of us have no other choice but to learn ourselves, but group fees, designer fees, ad fees, they’re unavoidable.

Now add a fee every time we upload clothes. That’s like adding a fee for every time you update a script in your game. In both programming and clothing designer, errors occur frequently. You go back, change the issue and try again. It might work, it might not. So, eventually, the price for those errors, whether they’re your fault or Roblox’s, would add up hugely. I’ve had tank tops rejected by moderation. Plain tank tops. Wasted robux for a shirt that I can’t sell because moderation failed. Whether the fee is 100 or 10, chances are we won’t make it back.

Yes, spending money to make money is inevitable. However, while real shops can install alarms and CCTV cameras so their items aren’t stolen, we have no protection for our assets. Before, a credit card or gift voucher was needed to upload items. Now clothes thieves just need a friend or old account to give them Robux. While I understand that devs need to spend lots of money too, there are ways of cutting that. At least with premium, we had unlimited uploads. Now we have a fee we can’t avoid and that’s not fair, especially with the unreliable moderation.

5 Likes