Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

They have to do at least something to make us happy lol

1 Like

So, first you take 30% off our sales.
Then make us wait 3-7 days for funds.
Now this? This is getting bad for small devs.

At least give us like 25 percent of our profits back.

7 Likes

I do not consider myself a clothing designer, but I do know quite a few clothing designers. I do not think this update is very positive, especially for small clothing designers. Smaller clothing designers likely do not have the money to afford to pay a fee to even upload the clothing. This also likely will not stop botting by much as if they can afford to buy premium to bot clothing they can also probably afford to pay a fee. Something else really needs to be made for people to actually want to make clothing and for botting to stop. Possibly something like having an application system.

1 Like

This is a bad idea. My cousin owns a small clothing group, but she only has little robux. She said to me she’s planning to quit making clothing because of the fees. Reconsider, Roblox.

This is gonna make Premium useless too. If you think about it, people are gonna cancel premium since they don’t need it to make clothing. The only benefits now are: Getting robux each month, or trade, that’s about it. I’m trying to be mean, but this is a horrible idea, if you think of it from a clothing designer’s prespective.

7 Likes

If you roll this out premium better get it free since they are paying for a subscription just to spend 1/9th of the lowest tiers monthly bobux on clothing.

1 Like

This surely doesn’t give anything back.

First it was discontinuing gifts, then discontinuing the egghunts (which turned into really bad devhunts), then discontinuing events (for a period of time), then discontinuing sales. Now it’s discontinuing the freedom of catalog upload + decreases the amount of robux users create. I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all end up placing fees on decals or models.

2 Likes

Why can’t you Roblox make the clothing image back search and literally make it so you can’t steal templates and make the page hidden.

Cmon man, roblox you are adding WAY too many microtransactions. This company is going downhill and is turning like EA.

2 Likes

Honestly we need a format of the catalog (not including proven legit people), lock the catalog for everyone that isn’t proved to be legit, create and test functions that remove botted clothing, release the catalog without the fee to Premium users, observe for a month or two, if the botting decreased heavily, publish, if not, repeat until you get it right. These are basic design steps for creating something

That’s very easy for you to say. You look like you have tons of robux.

From my point, this is the MOST useless and worst update Roblox has released. Tons of clothing designers on Roblox are being forced to let their inspiring talents go to waste. People who do like the update, put yourself in the thousands, maybe even millions of clothing designers who rely on creating clothing as their sole profit for robux. Then this update comes out, and their only source of robux is gone. Even if all the clothing copiers stop, Roblox is actually losing players trust.

9 Likes

I honestly don’t see why there is a huge fuss over this, Roblox puts a much larger fee on music/audio uploading for development work and no one has lost their minds over this.

If you think 100 Robux for cheap clothing is bad, honey, take a number since we audio people have been getting that end of the stick for the longest time now.

(This may not be a popular opinion and you’re free to criticize me for it, but I’m making a valid point here that many people don’t see an issue with, but want to get mad when the abused clothing system is under the same system audio is. I’ve been told “stop crying over fees, Roblox makes that to make sure bad audio isn’t uploaded”, well, the same can be said for clothing but no one wants to see how ironic it is for the audio creators who have had to put up with this.)

I feel like they should convert the fees into Premium locked stuff

The problem is that all of roblox’s shirts will go up in price. A 50 Robux upload fee means that developers need to sell more shirts to pull a profit, meaning prices will raise to 10 or possibly 25 robux per. This makes it more difficult to buy clothing for new players. Sounds are more expensive, but there is no market around them.
A jack up in price to produce will cause them to sell for more, so this is a bad idea.

I couldn’t agree more.

This update is coming for the greater good of the catalog.

In order to fix an issue, you may need to make sacrifices along the way.

Roblox is making sacrifices for the greater good of the catalog, which has been
plagued for years.

Excited to see the results.

1 Like

With the 50 Robux Fee Clothing designers barely make up for the fee. Now top that fee with advertising a group/clothing.

2 Likes

They stated that they were adding a captcha, as an additional to charging an upload fee. From what I seen with their captchas, it definitely helped prevent all the scam links from being spammed on my group walls. Hopefully the captcha for clothing attain the same results.

1 Like

This update sucks for small clothing designers. How can we get more designers if new ones have to pay a fee? Now small creators have to be well known if they want to make clothing, which is hard to do and you may have to pay more money. I feel sad knowing that a great future clothing designer can’t make anything due to this.

3 Likes

Love this! I personally believe this can make it more accessible to upload clothing to many players as you wouldn’t have to pay for premium and just robux itself. Though, wouldn’t this make it much easier for clothing to be reuploaded? Instead of paying for premium and just paying a fee of 50 robux (which can be given to any user via groups funds) will make it easier for many people’s clothing to be reuploaded.

I do like this idea, but you have to think into things deeper, unfortunately.

Instead of adding a fee and all this stuff, why not just add captcha for uploading clothes??

5 Likes

I used to make shirts and pants a while ago, but stopped because the bots took a big chunk of my potential profits, which were quite small to begin with considering how niche my clothing was. Even if I wanted to get back into it just for the fun of it (which I was considering), this update just killed every last drop of that motivation. I barely make any profit from my clothing as-is; having to shell out a whopping 50 robux just to upload a single article of clothing practically guarantees I’ll take a net loss if I was to upload something. Furthermore, this update greatly devalues Premium… I went ahead and cancelled my auto-renewal already.

5 Likes