Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

What the hell? I dont even make 50 robux, on my clothing… so why are you giving us a fee

8 Likes

This update is great for those who are locked away from uploading because preuim, but this makes a HUGE impact on small clothing creators. We barely make 100 in a week. From persnal experience, in a week we could earn 20 robux, and now we have to a pay a fee while we only earn 70% of the sale? This isn’t fair as helpful for small creators. It really just breaks us down a step more.

6 Likes

Bye Roblox maybe after this I might actually quite Roblox bcz Tix got cancel, every thing is getting so much additional fees and God knows what. like if u sale u limited it will take 30% fees. to exchange robux to cash 70% fees . clothing fees 30% and now robux to post shirts.u can’t give away or u will get ban,if u say Toronto u will get ban,and my friend get ban bcz the person who copy his shirt dmca him. One day Roblox will take 10 robux for walking fees ,to run 20 robux ,to jump 40 and to switch game 100 robux

6 Likes

Welp, time to see Roblox’s clothing designing community go downhill :slightly_frowning_face:.

Like seriously, why don’t you guys just ask the community first before making a bad update like this?

Many clothing designers have already quit. Its not gonna get any better. This update is doing more harm to the clothing designing community than it is to the people who steal shirts. As said in the post below me, Roblox is gonna turn into EA games lol. Hopefully making a game in the future wont cost 100 robux.

11 Likes

Roblox but it’s owned by EA

There’s a character limit lol

5 Likes

If it’s available for everyone, why is it pay to upload all previously premium only things? This is just transferring the price, not removing it.

This is actually beneficial to the platform financially. Instead of the baseline price of premium, you could now end up spending more on uploading than if you bought premium. I get this change needs to happen for the goal of making premium more attractive to players than developers, but 50 robux is still quite the investment and you might not end up making that much back, plus it’s going to inflate clothing prices quite a bit.

I mean I like the update,
I can see why people are mad about it.
The Reason I am mad is It feels like i’m paying for nothing when I get premium, Roblox should add more features for premium

Yee thiis getting sad there was a time like in 2009-2015 when Roblox was actually trying now they just want u cash

Yeah. I don’t know about this. I just started creating clothes not too long ago. I also want to make clothes for my own personal use only. I’m not sure if I’m able to keep making clothes with this fee.

1 Like

I think they plan to make premium more and more attractive to players. With this change, now there is literally nothing else in the subscription that would be attractive to developers, however I agree the rest of the premium benefits sound really lackluster. The only cool thing they have left is trading and selling items, which is a good portion of the platform’s economy. I used to complain about the platform’s economy being barred off by premium, but now the only thing it’s blocking is trading+selling.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess I’ll stay on the subscription :man_shrugging:

Yeesh, this update is NOT good. Clothing prices might be going up because of this.

5 Likes

If you wanted premium only for dev benefits I don’t see it to be worth it. Personally I don’t think I’d buy it just for trading and selling, but that’s your choice. The other benefits seem trivial to me.

2 Likes

Bro my opinion Roblox is becoming ea just look for limited sale fee 30%, clothing fee 30% ,Roblox exchange fee 70% and now shirt uploading fee 50 robux and how it’s going I think one day there will be fees to walk (walking fees 10 robux ,running fee 20 robux and the best to switch game 100 robux and u can buy subscription for nothing it’s just so we can earn more

4 Likes

A little bit (actually, VERY) confused as to how this change is helpful - not only is this a slap in the face for small struggling clothing designers but also drains those already-struggling developers of their Robux. We already pay dozens of dollars each month for Premium; why does this have to take place?

This will be extremely hard for all of us, especially those who upload clothing for testing and realize it may not fit.

Additionally, what about those who buy clothing? 5 Robux clothing is what many people on Roblox rely on; now these prices will shoot up in the near future, costing almost hundreds of Robux.

Thanks, Roblox. :confused:

10 Likes

Yee man u r right read my take bcz it’s painfull

I’d get rid of the 30% takeaway. With that takeaway still being there, it won’t allow for smaller clothing designers to grow easily.

Also to all those who are against this: This is to stop botting. It will be a saviour to all.

The robux fee sounds like an amazing idea to help prevent botting however the problem is many people won’t earn much back. Why not limit the amount of shirts that are able to be uploaded per day? It seems more reasonable, than having to pay a fee. Like @M_caw said, adding a captcha should help as well.

Also, robux is more common than premium, therefore allowing a larger audience of people to upload clothing, would possibly increase the problem. I can imagine the younger audience uploading clothing that is stolen constantly, regardless of the fee. The method of adding a fee has some flaws to it and I highly hope more thought and evaluation goes into this, as stolen clothing, and botted clothing is a huge problem on the platform.

3 Likes

At first this seemed like a good idea but after seeing the strugging clothing designers this was a really bad change. At this point you should return the Premium for uploading and selling clothing BUT the account must be verified. If you want to take an extra step the account should have 2FA since they will be selling content on the platform.

2 Likes

Yes, they said they would release layered clothing… I wonder if that could have a different situation hm. But yeah, it might be just more expensive too to make “3d” clothing.

2 Likes