Upcoming Changes To The Game Sorts & Submit New Sort Ideas!

Wrong thread, wrong subforum. This is for game sorts.

how about great games with under 1000 visits

If a game is truly great, it will grow to much more than 1000 visits.

well some developers have a hard time getting the word out about there game

As soon as a game with under 1,000 visits gets featured, it will immediately rise in player count over 1,000. So the game would have to be replaced again. What’s the point?

good point maybe just great games with under 100,000 visits

We need more transparency about what is going on with Top Rated sort right now.

I recently launched my new group game end of last month right as top rated was being botted by a few games.
I am ultra transparent to my audience and I even made voiced videos directly to them on tiktok. Why can’t Roblox be transparent? What is stopping Roblox from understanding their own developers and their struggles? Why do I have to make a post on the dev forum about something that should be so obvious? If Roblox only supports the tippy top of the games page distribution then you can say hello to oligarchy and goodbye to generations of new developers rising up, I am not exaggerating, it would be the ultimate downfall of Roblox.

Back to those videos though, here is me asking players to thumbs up the game if they liked it to rise on Top Rated. Was around 250 on top rated when this happened.

Finding out Top Rated has been cut down to <= 65 games

All I am asking for is a new announcement post explaining what they’re doing about Top Rated right now.

Because for now, Roblox has allowed a botting software to RUIN the accessibility latter of Top Rated.

11 Likes

I feel like as if we could use a few more genres, including Sports or Comedy perhaps?

Back then we had so much genres on the Games Page, and over time, so many of those has been phased out, leaving out less room for variety in the process…

2 Likes

OK, you could satisfy all three of these criteria by adding a sort which features new games, reviewed by ROBLOX and submitted in a similar format to the Play Together sort where devs submit their games, but in these games they have a player count of less than 1k. This would enable devs who are starting out to gain more new players and begin to earn revenue, which can then be pumped back into roblox through advertising and sponsorships etc. You’d also be sending players to new games that the pages haven’t seen before, and make it easier for people to find your games since the game search function won’t always come up with the game you want if it doesn’t have a decent player/visit count.

What do you think?

1 Like

All I ask in life is for the RTHRO sort to be moved up 1 or 2 slots.

1 Like

Hey, with the play together been moved down a lot of games on that sort are getting less attention and has really affected some developers. I think the Play Together could be moved up back to 3rd place.

1 Like

Clothing sorts
New games sorts
Recently update sorts
Recently published sorts

The biggest change I would like to see on the front page is the removal of duplicates.

Today I spy…
Adopt Me duplicated 11 times,
Piggy duplicated 8 times,
Anime Fighting 7 times,
Royale High 7 times,
Blox Fruits 7 times,
Skyblox 6 times
Fishing Simulator 6 times,
Arsenal 5 times,
Murder Mystery 5 times,
My Restaurant 5 times,
Emergency Response 5 times,
Welcome to Bloxburg 5 times,
Your Bizarre Adventure 5 times,
etc.

Those are all spaces that could be filled with other games.

7 Likes

I hope roblox is able to permote more games that have very few players playing it but the game would be good not a baseplate or anything but some devs can’t get robux and stuff to advertise there games so I was think roblox could find a way to permote lesser player counted games. because there are some good and unquie games but no one can find them bc the dev can’t advertise them.

• New Releases
  • Games with ~ 100 Players and have only recently reached a visit goal (maybe ~5k visits)
  • Easily allows for new upcoming games to be featured and given some attention to boost the game up in popularity.
5 Likes

maybe Not Popular But Fun, it takes games with less than 100 people playing them to like 5 and if it has lots of favorites or people play it for a long time for average person than it goes in the sort

2 Likes

We need the genre filter back, plus a new genre: meme games. Meme games are sometimes actually really well made, and can even be more fun than other extremely popular games.

4 Likes

Many people here, including myself, are asking for genre filtering.

Seeing how Roblox has ignored this request since it’s removal years and years ago, I seriously doubt that all of the sudden they want to listen to us now. It’s kinda crazy too, considering that over half of the replies to this post cover genre filtering in some way or another.

However, if any staff member does acknowledge this, I’ll be the happiest man alive.

Roblox claims “nobody used genre filtering,” which I find to be 100% false. I think they only gathered data from the younger audience, oblivious to the fact that genre filtering helped build the older audience on Roblox.

6 Likes
  • A sort dedicated to games that focus on selling clothing/avatar related UGC.
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.