[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

No problem dude! I hope you have a great time with the update!

I’m experiencing several bugs related to audio privacy:

1. The Audio Discovery plugin still displays the same “OK status” for my audio despite granting permission through the browser to for all of these sounds:

2. I’m getting in-game errors for sounds that I’ve already granted permission to use in my universe:

Here are the permissions for that sound:

3. Clicking the “Click here to grant Universe permissions to asset.” message does nothing (or at least displays no response and doesn’t change the asset’s permissions).

4 Likes

Im having the same problem my dude.

1 Like

I really hate this update, it ruins all the fun stuff about roblox and all those gamepasses! how painful for devs to think of compensation.

6 Likes

Alright, so the sword unsheath sound doesn’t work right now. Hope roblox unprivates their old sound effects as well.

3 Likes

Is a patch out? A Roblox Staff member said the following when they replied to a topic in bug reports.

@tnavarts Despite what was said, I found several Roblox owned audios in my inventory that are now unable to be played in game/Studio and on the Website. I can provide a few ID’s but it isn’t all of them. Here is one of them for example: grenade - Roblox

Not just audio but images as well. I should be able to identify the ID of the image or sound being used in-game somehow so I could report it.

Things like this give developers a much larger responsibility than needed to follow the rules of the platform having to create a system to identify certain problematic assets being used to troll or are inappropriate and often the rule breaking content often stays on the platform. We probably wouldn’t need to private audio if such a system existed.

3 Likes

Sorry for the misunderstanding! Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

especially when the corporation had a lawsuit concerning what they do with that information
it is also the lack of transparency roblox seems to have in a lot of situations that just make me wanna not trust em

2 Likes

So I just contacted the creator of one of several ambience audios in my game that were privated by roblox. He asked me to send him the universe ID so he could add it to his audio and I couldn’t even send him it because roblox censors numbers…

1 Like

Yeah, I only have a single quad working at the moment, which is a step up from the almighty triangle, but it’s a start. If you can only draw a single triangle at the moment, that’s still a big step up from a lot of people, who have never drawn a triangle in OpenGL, even my first attempts at OpenGL were very unsuccessful (couldn’t get a triangle to render at all most of the time). So I wish you the best luck in your adventure :+1:

That still doesn’t justify

Good because I’m not justifying Roblox’s stupidity anyways, infact I have a recent story:

The Citadel of Void, a 22-floor humanly impossible obby, literal years of work poured into it, and the only person still actively maintaining the citadel, bLockerman666, was forced to replace all of the carefully selected music with bland and un-fitting stock music for every floor because it’s either that or silence. Here’s a list of every person who has worked on the Citadel of Void, who’s work has been defaced & depreciated by the audio update:

• Jukereise
  • IceNsaIt
  • ciel_azulsky
  • FeodoricPPtTenshi
  • tintom495
  • popop614
  • bLockerman666
  • ludovinci
  • macalads
  • Coatesultimate1
  • KittenLord420
  • TheRunEnder
  • Heksi
3 Likes

Here’s an image of Parry Gripp about to find out what is happening, and how Raining Tacos is probably dead because **for whatever reason:

YOU CAN’T MAKE YOUR AUDIOS PUBLIC RIGHT NOW

(the lack of transparency for this stupid quirk disgusts me honestly).

If you want another reason for quitting Roblox game dev, then I invite you to look at this absolutely wonderful image:

EDIT 2023-08-05: still can’t make audios public lol

16 Likes

You know what’s great? I can’t work on my new project because I had to fix all my old ones and ran into the insanely small audio limit. Thanks a lot, Roblox. At least I used to be able to pay to get stuff done, now I cant get stuff done at all, thanks so much.

2 Likes

Just wait they will make it a feature u can make sound free or paid for the public like plugins

1 Like

I’m probably one of the very few who would say this, but thank god am I happy that that song cannot be played anymore.

2 Likes

Hello
I was wondering if will we be able to change these settings in the near future?

The second option (which was auto set) implies that we can not change that setting to what we want it to be. Are there any plans on changing this? I want my SFX to work only on games I allow it to be used on.

3 Likes

I have a some sounds that arent owned by me BUT those were below 6s mark and the sound discovery plugin checked everything was fine, but now these show the “Universe doesnt have permissions for Sound Asset…” error message. Will these audios get fixed soon or do i have to look for a replacement. I keep seeing posts about permission problems even with roblox audios or owned audios. Thanks

We’ve been working on a game for over 2 years, it’s almost ready for Beta release, and NOW it is loaded with errors.

I suppose I don’t understand the reason for this change. If it was

1. to limit people uploading copywrite protected work, how does it do that?

2. …i really don’t understand why this was necessary at all. I keep wracking my brain …but can’t see any reason for this.

I do know we have been loyal to Roblox through all the difficult stuff, and this really destructive has now happened to our efforts.

shrug. :slight_smile:

1 Like