UPDATE* Fnaf 1 Roblox Remake

I recently remade Five Nights at Freddy’s 1 on the Roblox platform, and have updated it significantly since the last forum post

Original post here; Five Nights at Freddy's remade in studio

I have added Rare Screens, Added some final touches, and made it so animatronic movement is randomized. I haven’t been able to finish Night changes yet, but that’ll be upcoming.

Play the game here! Maybe you’ll get Golden Freddy’s rare screen :wink:
Game link;

It’s a 1/20 chance to get his screen, and you get a badge after getting him, here are some more in-game shots for those who don’t trust the whole replica thing.

MENU SCREEN /

OFFICE LIGHT ON /

WEST HALL CAMERA /

SHOW STAGE /

OFFICE DOOR AND LIGHT CLOSED AND ON /

Please let me know what you think, any feedback/criticism Is helpful and needed. :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Considering I lowkey was about to say you just took screenshots from the game itself. I don’t think I need to inquiry any further.

6 Likes

That’s insane! I can’t join the game on mobile (it just freezes on the roblox loading screen, if this helps i have a Samsung A11…) so i’m gonna go from the screenshots.

First: I feel like it needs that “perspective” effect from the og game/clickteam, if that’s possible

Second: It’s probably just me, but the night 1 and power counter text feels wrong.

5 Likes

Hi! so first thing i’ve noticed that roblox has been down for a bit.

and unfortunately that perspective effect isn’t as possible as you think, since it’s all 2D imagery It needs something to wrap around and I don’t actually have that effect created for 2D images.

And for the UI, I’ll fix those up. thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

does this have a working custom night? also it looks great

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten to custom night YET, but I will be adding functionality to it sooner then later with actually functioning modes, still need to get the base game finished and base nights. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh, alright

it would also be cool if when you get around to finishing if a version of the game was released designed for modding, as i feel it could really help with the fnaf fangame scene on ROBLOX which is right now mostly comprised of crappy RP games and rougher creations. I feel like that would be cool yet if you are not so keen on open sourcing your works I can understand.

3 Likes

This game takes pretty long to load, and almost crashes my computer :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

To be honest, I think Roblox Is down right now, and it should be back up later, otherwise it runs pretty well, but I’ll let you know if I find anything

5 Likes

Not sure about doing any open source for now, but honestly I will think about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I played the demo and…

Well, the environment is FNaF 1-style, so, I’ll give you that.

But the gameplay is… weird. The camera was weird to flip up and down, I sometimes saw two animatronics at different places, and even the moving in the office was weird to operate as I had to bring my mouse to the middle of the screen to work. The game definitely needs some work, but it was cool to play anyway. Great work!

Also, the door lights were useless, as I saw bonnie in the left door without flashing the light. It also played that dry moaning sound when he’s waiting for the camera to flip down, I thought I lost.

3 Likes

Hello, I’ve recently fixed all these issues you can play it now and the door’s function well MINUS the camera which im still working on fixing.

2 Likes

I don’t know if Scott will be very happy about this. I don’t suggest keeping this up for too long as it is literally just FNAF 1 copied onto Roblox.
Sure, great job importing it and stuff, looks good, but uh, you can’t just steal FNAF1 (a paid product, 3.99$ on steam) and put it for free on Roblox, at least without permission from Scott himself.

Edit: i suggest you do a bit better on the camera animations. also, upon joining the game, lots of images were taking veery long to load (this is a roblox issue), you should add a loading screen that lasts longer, so the images can have more time to load.
Also, it felt a bit awkward since you didn’t properly replicate the clickteam camera pan effect scott had used.

2 Likes

I’m working on properly getting that camera pan script that’s used, but it’s gonna take time, also yeah i know the risks of the whole copying thing.

maybe you should set the game playability to private.

1 Like

There is another recreation just like this one, it has a lot more plays than mine, and it’s fine. That’s why i’m not worried about copyright towards the game, but i appreciate the concern, but it’s not an issue if somebody else had done the same thing.

1 Like

i will email Scott Cawthon about both. Do you mind providing me with the other copy?

1 Like

if scott says it’s okay, then i congratulate you for doing an AWESOME job.

1 Like

appreciate it, pm me what he says and I’ll get you the link tomorrow.

As Hiruka said, Scott Cawthon has a history of taking down any direct copies of his paid games with copyright. I think the only time he’s ever given permission was with FNAF Plus (which was taken down anyways), and that was because it was more of a remaster than a copy of the game.

I’m not sure if I can link my sources here, but just search up “scott taking down fangames” and you’ll find loads of examples; and in every case it’s because it was a remake of an old game.

1 Like