Update on Verified Badges

next verified badge wave when?

5 Likes

Hopefully soon. I and my team were missed last wave and we all exceed the stated requirements. So does our group. Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s some sort of manual checks that go on that causes it to be slower.

2 Likes

My friend just got verified 2 days ago so I think it just happened. I hope I get mine next month too. My game is more popular than his so I think I should hit the criteria.

3 Likes

Yeah weā€™ve met and exceeded the criteria ever since this programs exposed criteria in September yet not one of us or our group has been verified yet. I assume itā€™ll take a few waves to get everyone.

2 Likes

Despite me reaching over 1M playtime hours in the last 90 days I have not received my badgeā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting to be verifiedā€¦

5 Likes

Does anyone know if you need 1mil+ playtime hrs in last 90 days at the time of the wave to get the badge? Or once you hit it, even if you only average it for a few days, you will still get it in the next wave even if it dips back below a 1 mil average before the wave (but still hit the milestone for a bit earlier)

3 Likes

Literally only privileged people can win the verified and obvious people who canā€™t win it.

3 Likes

I have 32K+ followers on roblox and had 100k+ on YT. I have not received the badge despite fulfilling the ā€œBrands & Figuresā€ criteria.

Now, I have fulfilled the ā€œExperience Developersā€ criteria through ownership of a game with over 2M+ hours of playtime in the last 90 days. However, Iā€™m not sure how to garner attention from Roblox to get the verification badge.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve met the criteria a couple times and still donā€™t have it. There should be an application process. at one point I had around 7 million engagement hours in my game, I had everything else required too.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think a verified badge should be used as a reward. As that is ultimately what it is right now. Users should be verified if they are confirmed as a genuine person of notability. For example, if a user has created a major experience, been part of a Roblox programme which required identity checks/NDA, affiliated businesses who have accounts on the platform, and ā€œRoblox starsā€. I think the current method is just pandering to the biggest earners which discounts people who have potentially made genuine impact to the platform in ways other than making video content or a major game.

6 Likes

Same here. Still not verified in these last couple of waves, and I agree we should have an expedited application process which allows us to be checked for eligibility upon review of the application.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Iā€™ve seen a lot of old-school developers who made massive contributions to the platform, such as being former Devforum Sages or Roblox Champions, and have not gotten the verification badge yet.

1 Like

Anyone gotten the verified badge in the last couple days? Want to know if the wave has happened yet or not as my game has just hit 1 mil hours in last 90 days lol

2 Likes

Are you ID verified? It potentially may be the reason but not sure

1 Like

Yeah I am and I have the authenticator enabled.

2 Likes

Okay! I think there will be a wave in the next couple days because the last wave was a month ago on the 5th, Hopefully we get it!

2 Likes

There was a wave on September 5 as well.

1 Like

You have verified groups that steal IPs from cartoons as if they are authentic brands. The verification process should literally be something you apply for like any other platform and not automated. You now have verified groups selling roblox knockoff limiteds as well as other IPs they definitely do not have the rights to. Its not fair. People need to be vetted before you label them as authentic figures.

4 Likes

Also havenā€™t gotten the verified badge in the last couple of days although I meet all the criteria that were mentioned for the verified badge.

• Co-Owner (254 Group Rank) of an experience that reached around 2.5 million hours in the last 90 days
  • 10,000+ Roblox Followers
  • Studio Access to that experience
  • ID Verified
  • Authenticator enabled
6 Likes