Update on Verified Badges

It’s professional from Roblox to proclaim their transparency with updates such as these but it still lacks relevant information such as approximate dates of the waves.

They did the first 2 waves on the 5th September and 5th October and the third one was suddenly on the 7th November, which is not that big of an issue but along with the latest wave, there were both hidden requirements and false verifications. Roblox has verified fake Limited UGC creators and unauthentic individuals who should not be entitled to a verification.

Aside from that, there must be either a hidden requirement that prevents “newer” Contributors from getting verified or Roblox just leaves out people every wave on purpose. Me and multiple friends of mine have met the requirements that @vChillq also listed above this post, yet we did not receive a verification.

16 Likes

I don’t think that’s true , i guess what they mean by " Owner " isn’t owning a verified group , they mean owning the game ( having it published under your profile ), Bc i own a verified group and i never got verified even tho I’m the only working dev on my games

6 Likes

I believe it’s just a case of not everyone eligible is being reached by these waves. I’m among others in this thread who are yet to receive this while still meeting and exceeding the criteria.

7 Likes

Brands, normal people can’t get verified badge for owning 100,000+ followers on a some major social media platform.

3 Likes

what counts as a “brand” though? Because I know and have seen a good few scam companies having trademarks, websites, social medias, etc. All the things that from first glance would make them look 100% legitimate as a company/brand.

3 Likes

Any updates for the next wave?

oh and another question is there a age limit to be verified i mean i saw ppl being ID verified at age 13, So if they got the requirements will they be verified or not?

2 Likes

Any updates, did u get verified or notz?

2 Likes

I believe it would be more appropriate if only the owner of a Roblox game or a group associated with a game, which has accumulated 1 million hours within a 90-day period, could obtain verification. This adjustment is necessary because some contributors manage to obtain verification without actively contributing to the game, which is not a desirable situation. Additionally, there are instances of players resorting to begging or scamming others for follows on their accounts solely to obtain verification.

To address these issues, I propose increasing the requirements for contributors to attain verification. This could involve factors such as demonstrating a substantial amount of time spent in Roblox Studio for the specific game, creating a defined number of scripts, or uploading a specified quantity of assets within the game. By implementing these additional criteria, we can ensure that the verification process is more rigorous and that those who receive the verified badge have genuinely contributed to the game’s development.

3 Likes

I don’t want to reply to posts with multiple posts. So I will just quote the relevant stuff I want to refer to.

You need to be atleast 13 years old with ID verified, that’s all you need age-based.

That person did get verified, yes.

That would be extremely unfortunate as many people use Holder accounts and even if they do not, there are many Co-Owners who would get excluded from receiving Verification because of this.

This could also become an issue with those who develop everything in Blender or external places/games and just send it to the Owner to import it into the game.
I think the Main Developers should just be considerate with who of their Developers truly deserve a Verification for their Contributions and who does not.

None of those people received a Verification in the end. Their begging leads to nothing, they wasted their Robux on ads and still did not receive their 10K Followers. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Alright another question which got me super super confused on here,

If you scroll down a bit it shows FAQs about “experienced Developers”

and im not a owner for a game so im a contributor and it says " Or, you are a contributor to such an experience and have at least 10K followers on Roblox. "

Which i am and i have but the issue that got me super confused is that it also says " playtime exceeding 1M hours in the last 90 days. "

and idk what they mean by 1m as 1 million?? Hours in the last 90 days which is legit like 100 years so either i understood the whole thing wrong or something could you please correct me

3 Likes

Let’s hope that you, me and everyone else who is eligible for the Verification will receive it next wave [approximately 5th December or so], Roblox really needs to expand the spectrum for Verification Checks as it seems like they only check for the Top 100-200 experiences on the platform and ignore the other eligible games as the game that I worked on had 2.5M+ Play Hours, not even ““just”” 1M.

4 Likes

No worries! That is not what they meant, go to the experience that you contribute/own and press on “View Analytics”, then head to “Engagement” after it leads you to the Dashboard.
Scroll down and make sure “Date Range” is set to “Last 90 Days” then you can view the Average Playtime, 28K+ Play Hours means there were approximately 2.5M+ hours spent on this game, you can also check each day manually and calculate the exact number.

If you want to get your approximate number of play hours after following all the steps above then all you have to do is take the Average Playtime hours and multiply that by 90, if the number you get is above 1,000,000 then you should be entitled to the Verification [if other criteria is met].

5 Likes

oh my brain hurts LMAO, Will you maybe able to add me on discord and i could show you some stuff im kinda confused on this and really dont want to flood this whole thing with images lol

3 Likes

Sure, my tag is the same as here, “zenuux”.

4 Likes

Its because roblox verified contributors only on September but on october and November this verified only groups holders and none of contributors got this.

2 Likes

How come they did that though?

3 Likes

Straight up impudent if they actually did not verify Contributors on purpose on the last wave yet decided to verify Fake Limited UGC groups and Owners - They literally assure the Verifications to Contributors, let alone the fact that neither the Owner of the eligible game I co-own nor me and the other Co-Owner received our Verification. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

You need 10k followers to receive the badge

2 Likes

How did you apply ? I can’t understand

3 Likes

You only need 10K Followers if you contributed to the game - Being the full Owner of an experience does not require any Followers

6 Likes