Update on Verified Badges

Does it usually happen towards the start of each month? I recently met the requirements now that I’m ID verified and I’m curious to when the soonest I could potentially get it

1 Like

Been happening pretty consistently on the 5th of each month however they do randomly at times and do it more than once a month. But usually if you became eligible the first wave you wouldn’t receive it but the following wave you typically receive it.

1 Like

Update for everyone. I got it!

6 Likes

this is a pretty big issue because snipers will join verified players into games and target them

2 Likes

I got my badge yesterday and i can say that’s true. I hope roblox adds a button that will make it so you can turn it off in games

3 Likes

Eh I have some fans here and there stalking me across games but privacy settings can fix that, aside from that it’s just people ask you the same questions every time they see you and it gets old like “What game did you make?” “Are you a YouTuber?” among many others. It would be nice to be able to turn it off when we want without making hurdles like we currently do to turn it off temporarily. But ya it does make you a target in games, especially in competitive games there are always people who want to fight you and beat you because you are verified to ruin your time.

4 Likes

True, I was playing sols rng yesterday and for 2 HOURS I was getting asked the same question.
“PLS INDEX CHANNEL NAME”, “INDEX WHATS UR CHANNEL”, “ARE YOU A YOUTUBER”

Funny & annoying.

4 Likes

Rip looks like you were right and I didn’t receive it this wave, hopefully next wave I’ll get it🙏

4 Likes

Yeah, I didnt get it first wave it took me 2 waves of meeting requirements to actually get it

2 Likes

Since Roblox does not specify some stuff properly within their Verified Badge FAQ:

Brands & Figures: As mentioned in the FAQ you would need 100K+ followers on at least one major social media platform but you need to be in a Partnership with Roblox and contact your Partnership Team.
_
Developers: You need 1,000,000 Play Hours in the past 90 days on a singular game [not combined]. If it is on your profile, you do not require any Followers. If the game is not on your profile but in a group instead, Roblox sees you as a Contributor.
_
Contributors: You need 10K+ Followers and Studio Access to either a profile game [as of April 2024 Wave] or a group game [as of December 2023 Wave] that meets the Developer requirements above.
_
UGC Creators & Clothing Designers: In order for you to get verified for meeting UGC/Clothing requirements, you need 200,000+ sales on your profile that do not include Limited Resales and/or Free UGC sales. These sales have to accumulate to 2,000,000 Robux in the past 90 days.
_
Notes:

• You cannot get verified for UGC/Clothing that is within a group
    → If your group meets those requirements, your group will get verified
  • There is no clear specification or indication on how your group can get verified for eligible game[s]
  • You need 2 Step Authenticator enabled for Verification
  • You need to be 13+ [ID Verified] to get verified
  • If Roblox sees your 10K+ Followers as merely bots, you may not get the badge

_
I hope this helps out those who are a bit confused and new to the thread, Roblox was unfortunately not clear enough in their FAQ with some relevant aspects, good luck on getting verified and congratulations to anybody that achieves it!

8 Likes

I was wondering what counts as a “contributor” of a group place? Is it counted if a qualified member has team create access to the experience regardless of role hierarchy, or if only if the member is just a role below the group owner?

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve been commissioned and even currently work as a developer for a huge studio which exceeds the 1M+ hours requirement in 90 days but in some games or teams I’ve worked with I haven’t had studio access just a contributor role.

I’ve also had to deal with follow botters in the past which requires me to block and unblock them and at this point have just given up.

1 Like

worked on multiple games that meet the requirements, any clue when ill receive this?

Been eligible for this, over criteria on play time, and another verified wave and I have not received it I have double checked everything is correct, just wondering when I will get this? I know it states its an automated system but there are 10+ people I know that are having the same issue, are we doing something wrong just want to understand?

Looks like the wave just happened, congratulations @MioNyahs for receiving it. I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a bit.

Can anyone actually confirm whether you need 10k+ followers if you own the experience? Looking at the messages in this thread, many replies indicate that the followers are not needed if the experience is under your profile, yet I cannot find a single person that has fewer than 10k followers with the verified badge. I’ve literally been clicking on every single profile in this thread, and each verified member seems to have over 10k followers (very impressive!)

My latest game is under my profile and recently hit the algorithm. I expect it to surpass the minimum playtime requirements by the next calendar month, but I do not have 10k+ followers. Fingers crossed that I will still be eligible. If y’all know anyone that has the badge with under 10k followers, let me know! That would really soothe my nerves.

Worked is past tense, are you currently working for them and have the required studio developer permissions?

Maybe Roblox sees some of your followers as bot accounts. And from me looking at your followers myself you have quite a few accounts following you that look like bots/brand new.

1 Like

If you own the experience the followers part is not required. That is only for studio developers of the experience.

3 Likes

Update on this: I just received my badge, yet I have fewer than 10k followers. So this confirms that if you do own the experience, you will still receive the badge as long as you meet the criteria.

1 Like

Thats impossible unless you make dominus or rip off of some roblox limited

1 Like