[Update] Roblox Developer Dream Jam!

Yeah I wonder if you can just make a build or obby and get in

1 Like

I mean, in terms of price, it seems like the 2nd place prize is indeed more valuable than the 1st place prize. The price of a 256 gb oculus rift headset, according to the official website, is $399.

The price of the Xbox Series X, according to the official website, is $499.

This isn’t me complaining though: who cares about the monetary value? A VR headset is a lot cooler, and you don’t need to have a monitor to use it! I’m still thankful that there are valuable prizes available.

I’m not going to be competing for the prize anyway. I’m probably going to compete for the joy of getting 1st place.

Edit: It’s the Xbox S, not the X. sorry.

6 Likes

got a question can we be in a team?

3 Likes

santa can we be in a team? i will do the scripting

2 Likes

can i also be in your team? please let me know if i can

2 Likes

you can also find teammates here

MatchMaking Thread

3 Likes

Is easier to win than finding a team that someone listens to you.

2 Likes

Game jams are never inherently about quality, and even then, if you can’t make a decent game with 5 devs in 10 days… may want to reevaluate your game dev process.

4 Likes

Question, can we only work on the game with the given days, and do we have to be available on those days? The reason being, I have school but would love to participate.

1 Like

Pog got my friend working with me this is going to be Lit gonna be a pain though cause he lives in the UK

1 Like

All our team wants the second place prize lol, if we win, we kinda want to trade our Quests for 2nd places Xboxes. Some of us already have Quests, some of us, like me, are not really interested in VR (and I don’t really want to make a Facebook account just to use a VR headset).

@TheDevPig, I’d disagree, current gen consoles are being scalped heavily, and VR headsets aren’t really scalped as far as I’m aware.

I do agree, however it really is for the better, allowing people to be flexible with their games. It does mean that there are going to be some massive disadvantages for teams who have loads of time, and teams who have a tiny bit of time.

@Moxyll do all of our team have to be TL1+? A member of our team currently is on TL0.

3 Likes

It doesnt have to be scripted. But if you’re planning to win, you need to have your game scripted.

This is the first one im gonna join, Can’t wait!

1 Like

I just got a team and I’m so excited to compete! Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Hi there Im scripter, but I dont have this rank, cuz Im new at devforum. I have 2-3 years experience in roblox scripting. My Discord: AlexSulDy#2515. Good luck everybody!

Wow that looks sooo cool, hope that’s won’t be canceled due to Covid-19.

Why would it be cancelled? It’s virtual.

Just a question. How do you join/apply for it?

You don’t. Form a team, make a game on the theme that they provide on Friday (Feb 25), and submit it via their survey form on Mar 5th.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for this @bitsNbytez !!

1 Like