[Broken :(] Studs Calculator

For all purposes except gravity, our scale is somewhere roughly 1 stud = 1 foot or 3 studs = 1 meter. This makes significantly more sense if you think of a Roblox character as being roughly human sized, instead of the size of a plush toy or very large action figure. The gravity-based metric doesn’t really make sense in that many cases.

You might want to add some kind of toggle to let you use different scales for studs to real world measurements.

11 Likes

Have seen a lot of people use 1 foot = 1 stud based on characters being generally 5 studs tall, and 5 foot is “average-ish” height.

Just realized this scale is like 1 foot =~ 6 studs & 1 meter = 20 studs, when watching the video. Holyyyyy crap.

2 Likes

This is useful, however it is missing a very important feature: customizable ratios.
Many of these measurements are going to be completely incorrect in relation to the scaling the developers choose (which is typically based on things such as ceiling heights, car lengths, and others). This plugin should allow creation of ratio presets (where users can specify a ratio where i.e. 165.5 inches = 19.5 studs and this preset can be swapped to and it would modify all other calculations, as well as output the ratio itself for other conversions (i.e. from this inch:stud ratio, to stud:mile for mph in a script))

2 Likes

this would be great for building! Good job! :+1:

What’s the size of the average roblox toy? :thinking:
Anyways, nice!

Around 5cm. A Roblox toy in this scale would be about 1 stud tall.

Thank you for all the feedback!
I have now added a custom scale feature as requested by [@Defaultio @GeorgeOfAIITrades @Tiffblocks @Wunder_Wulfe]

(It saves!)

3 Likes

My scales are fractions. Still no dice for me lol.

To be clear I use 25 studs = 15 feet and 10 studs = 7 feet.

If you convert these to meters it should work fine? Perhaps I don’t fully understand

That’d be 25:4.572 for example.

I don’t think the little scrolly bar could be exact enough for that.

1 meter would equal 5.46806649169 studs.

I see, personally I wouldn’t mind that level of inaccuracy but I can see that for some people it could be annoying. I’ll see if I can figure out a solution to that.

1 Like

In some cases I’m working with a mile or more of track pieces. That inaccuracy would get out of hand fast.

1 Like

The plugin now has a measure distance function, as requested by @ScriptOn

Simply press the globe with a ruler across it icon and click in two places and it will measure the distance.

9 Likes

I know this topic is old and a lot has changed about scripting per se but the plugin is broken, so if you want to fix/continue it then you might wanna.

The 1/20 ratio may be incorrect. Take a look at this post: How many studs is there in a meter - #30 by XAXA According to it, the actual ratio is 14 / 50, making one stud equal to 0.28 meters.

While we can change the ratio by using the slider you added, it could be nice to have this ratio as default.

The plugin doesn’t work, I even tried reactivating the plugin and nothing happened.

1 Like

Same for me… I really need something like this ;-;

Pretty cool where coding has brought us. Keep up the good work!

Instead of adding this, could you add a setting to round it? I would hate for any of my calculations to be rounded!

1 Like

Does this Studs Calculator work in game like for a GUI which is given in studs can I use this Studs Calculator to change the amount of studs to metres?