Update to Avatar Bundle and Package Sales

Hey developers,

We have a quick update to share with you regarding bundle sales.

Replacing packages with bundles

We are replacing packages with bundles, and as a result packages will no longer be purchasable after August 31, 2022. All packages have been converted to bundles, and we have introduced new endpoints to purchase these. To help with this transition, this endpoint for prompting bundle purchases is now live: PromptBundlePurchase. You can also check for ownership of bundles via PlayerOwnsBundle.

If you were referencing packages directly by ID before and want to switch those references over to bundles now, you can find a table of package IDs and their associated bundle IDs here:
Package to Bundle IDs.pdf (61.6 KB)

40% Revenue share on in-experience bundle purchases

We are changing the creator revenue share for in-experience bundle purchases. For purchases of bundles that happen in your experience, you will now receive 40% as the seller.

These changes are the final steps of a years-long effort to update avatar packages to bundles. At this point, we believe Bundles to be a more flexible solution than packages and the primary way to purchase sets of avatar content, including bodies. We are looking forward to finishing this update out and offering a cleaner experience in the marketplace.

Enjoy!

130 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Alright! This revenue thing seem like a nice update

And the IDs wont clog my brain with 7 extra digits, yay

Why yes, yes I will try

6 Likes

Oops wrong post my bad but anyways this is a good update I guess…:skull: but this is a good step to pay out devs more by 10% more now!

8 Likes

Good update. We can finally prompt a purchase for bundles. Thank you so much Roblox. We really appreciate this.

3 Likes

I agree, now Free Items Game can give bundles In-Game

8 Likes

So, you will still keep the packages but it will just be converted to bundles or will the packages be removed? What was the previous revenue for bundle purchases?

5 Likes

My exact thought :smile:. This will definitely help with introducing UGC bundles as well when it finally comes out.

3 Likes

Your owned bundles will not be affected by this change.

4 Likes

How will this prevent the popular exploitation of the catalog-wide 40% discount, where players would join their own game when buying a catalog item, to get 40% off their original purchase?

3 Likes

This isn’t exploitation. This is just using a feature roblox gives properly.

13 Likes

Sorry if I sound moderately stupid, but can somebody clarify on the 40% cut for bundles sold in your game? Does this only apply to bundles made by myself or all bundles?

2 Likes

Get someone to buy headless in your game and you’ll get 12,400 back!

10 Likes

Im sure everyone is going to LOVE the ability to prompt a bundle purchase as well as get a 40% commission back. I’ve been using package IDs for ages now and yearned to have an update like this! :heart:

3 Likes

It’s great that the PromptBundlePurchase feature is finally available! However, after trying to implement this into our avatar editor experience it appears the function is currently broken:

Any attempt to prompt a bundle purchase results in an error. I hope this can get fixed quickly so we can properly implement the feature.

6 Likes

What’s the difference between the two? Please explain!

6 Likes

GetProductInfo for Bundles still not list PriceInRobux

5 Likes

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the 40% thing.

4 Likes

Great update, this makes things even better and easier, now we don’t need the old package IDs!

3 Likes

Is there a difference between Packages and Bundles?

5 Likes