Update to Roblox Licensing Program & Brand Guidelines

Ah…I understand it now. So it shouldn’t use the default package?

Okay. I understand it now. So the classic form is the blocky package and as long as it is not apparent the classic form,R15 can continue to be used?

I’m pretty sure “classic” is anything outside of Rthro packages.
Which is why everybody is taking this as a joke.

1 Like

I thought the classic form was the blocky package,as my brain knows.

I can’t tell you what you can and can’t do. It’s at Roblox’s discretion and as far as I know, no real official guidelines exist. I’m just offering speculation.

1 Like

You cant force people to use what they don’t want, they dont HAVE to play roblox after all…

does this mean i cant use r6 and r15 avatars in my game anymore? if so, this sucks

You can still use them in your game.

@Quicksilver_Wings

1 Like

Roblox hasn’t even added public audio, its been THREE MONTHS. THREE MONTHS, PEOPLE!

Roblox doesn’t care about us anymore.
They can’t keep getting away with this any longer. Something is going to happen.

Hopefully, the platform will turn around its actions, though it is unlikely.

9 Likes

That’s the part I don’t really get either. From what I can piece together, you can’t promote your game to other players by using “classic avatars” in any images or videos, and when you do meet the criteria, you need permission for a little badge to be placed at the corner to specify it’s from Roblox.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

does that also mean that i cant use a wholesome screenshot of me and some of my friends for a game thumbnail because its all r6???

From

Are you allowed to use R15/R6 rigs in images? I only ask this because I uploaded a gamepass icon with a rig and some lightning effects and it got denied without reason.

5 Likes

This is one of the few times that the dev forum doesn’t agree as much as usual. From my side these are pretty bad updates. To put it simply: Rthro RARELY fits to roblox games, and only trollers use it at this point. Stop forcing us into using it.

2 Likes

Why?
I want my players to use distinct, authentic avatars that are their own, so that when players interact, it feels less like interacting with NPCs too and more like with real people. I don’t want to portray my games in ways I dislike them.

This branding change forces me and many others to do that because Rthro mixes with player creativity like oil and water: The packages come with baked-on clothing that layered clothing tends to look tacky on and details can’t be mix and matched much at all, especially outside of the clothing.

3 Likes

This update poses a lot of problems, but I’m slightly concerned about the name rule. While ROBLOX pushing it’s Rthro agenda, this change where the term ROBLOX is essentially banned is honestly confusing- bringing me to this question: will groups be targeted as well or will this be limited to experiences only?

Lets strike on this, ban rthro on everything (pretty much did that already though?) and don’t promote roblox outside of the platform, and make as many roblox themed games as we can.

3 Likes

Is this blatantly banning R6 in marketing in favor of R15 and Rthro?

1 Like

roblox is trying to become a completely different game cough i mean… platform :+1:

i love mega corperations

2 Likes

(Clarification Needed)

Does using classic avatars in video-trailer thumbnails for experiences count as off-platform advertising even though YouTube videos less than 30 seconds are currently the only acceptable option for video thumbnails which can be viewed on an experience’s official page?

1 Like

What would the steps be to submit something for approval to be used offsite with the “On Roblox” logo as you described?

Also, does this mean YouTube channels will no longer be able to have videos titled “How to script X on Roblox” ?

3 Likes