Update to Roblox Licensing Program & Brand Guidelines

you can always appeal Roblox’s decision in

https://www.roblox.com/support

2 Likes

Will official Roblox channel posts more non-trailer video, especially announcement crafication video?

1 Like

roblox’s players must be one of the most misinterpreted communities out there, which is potentially bad for even them. i understand that they want to appeal to investors and such with “realistic” avatars, but i feel that if an investor were to realize how out of touch they are with the community, they’ll potentially lose interest in roblox.

also, this new guideline is basically forcing some creators who have r6/r15 games to commit a literal crime. since they’re falsely advertising their game as rthro when it’s r6 or 15.

5 Likes

maybe they thought it was a real face and took it down for spreading personal information. sounds like a roblox thing to do lol

1 Like

God bless. If this rumor is true. I will scream in the corner of my house at the day of the happening.

But all I know that the chance of this is low, and people don’t want it happens at all.

Roblox is no longer what it looked like.

2 Likes

It’s ironic how after praising the Stars Program, they conclude that they should close it.

I’m not saying the Stars Program was perfect; it isn’t. But this is just hilarious to me.

4 Likes

My main concern is just how you this company wanted to be in the background more often, and that’s fine, but this is not being in the background if your trying to force these changes on developers.

The word “Blox” not being allowed on any game. A lot of young players use this service, and the word Blox is a very popular word on this site and a lot of games, gears, clothing use it, so why are we now trying to just stop 10 year Timmy from calling his game “BloxBrawl”, are we just going to warn his account and smack him with a warning?

But your logic for that is “Do not use “Roblox,” “Blox,” or any name similar to Roblox as the name of your Experience - with the exception of Experiences published prior to June 22, 2022.”

Why not do the above in a nicer way? Why are you trying to completely restrict it from being used ever? There could be better ways to do this such as having a best practice start up screen in Studio that explains a good naming styles or maybe explain to games that are growing to probably name change if they want to grow soon, I just don’t think its fair to completely stop them

Why are you trying to force RThro so much? It should be left as an option. How can developers take this site seriously when you are slowly trying to make it harder to use R6 and R15 (classic) avatars. The game should promote its freedom with all the body types they have, not try to slowly make it disappear by needing a form for only the classic avatars and not Rthro.

Stars:
“Since 2018, the Stars Program has been an amazing source of collaboration and we’ve loved working with creators through the years on some incredible products loved by millions”

“We’ve seen creators successfully building their own brands independent of Roblox and in an effort to give more power to all creators, we have made the decision to sunset the Stars Program.”

These two sentences literally attack each other. Why not have both? Why not give a chance to young creators who don’t understand the market, let them grow, and eventually branch away from Roblox, why completely shut down something that was working?

And if you guys were to slow to keep up, was there any way to update the contract? Was there any way to give creators more freedom. I don’t know specific details but there is probably better ways than just shutting it down.

But even better, you want to give developers more wiggle room, but stop them again because they can only use RThro unless they request approval to use classic.

This is literally giving someone 10 cookies, but telling them to pay for water and they can only get milk if they are put on a wait for 3 months to receive it, which after that, you charge 2x for it.

With information like this, its going to become more difficult to get developers from other engines to realize what Roblox can do, your company can do so much great but I question why we keep making decisions like this.

7 Likes

If you are not in the Star Program will you not be able to put r6 and r15 avatars in you thumbnails?

This is a big no for me, and i’m pretty sure this goes to all developers out there, you’re just trying to kill you’re own game at this point, Deleting R6 Brand out of platform. none us literally uses rthro. i really wonder what do you expect from them?, but other than that, this is a negative result for roblox.

4 Likes

thanks for clearing all this out, it’s getting way too handfull of stuff, especially after you get slap in the face by roblox, but genuinely, this is the worst roblox update they can add.

1 Like

i honestly knew this was coming, Rthro will be dominating the entire roblox, but what i didn’t expect, is deleting their own brand, R6/R15, as a R6 enjoyer, i agree with you.

Incorrect, YouTube is fine since it’s online. If the trailer/teaser is on TV, that is correct.

Only true if it’s advertising a product; a game is protected.

This is only true regarding non-internet advertising. If the advertising is online, the “On Roblox” logo can be used and you can verbally tell them to play the game “on Roblox” as stated in the “Do” section.

After scrolling this thread for a while, I can’t seem to find and positive reply about this change.

The only people that you care about are the Invenstors, which are already mad at you not because this update didn’t exist, because the lack of Community Interaction you give to us.

I’m almost at the point of leaving this mess of a platform.

7 Likes

I think the article is not laid out well. But after review, I think I figured it out. To be extra clear:

The Roblox logo is not allowed for thumbnails, advertising games on YouTube, or non-internet advertising and physical products.

The “On Roblox” logo IS allowed for promotion thumbnails and advertising games on YouTube, but NOT for non-internet advertising and physical products–both advertised on and off the internet.

To answer your question, the “On Roblox” logo is NOT merely a requirement, but rather the way developers may advertise their game is on Roblox with the Roblox logo being banned from usage.

The PDF of the “On Roblox” logo makes that a bit more clear.

1 Like

The rule only applies to products and advertising of them, NOT advertising of your games.

The rule only applies to products and advertising of them—NOT advertising of your games.

I think it clearly says off-platform advertising.
It means everywhere else except Roblox.

It may be confusing, but when it refers to that, it’s talking about advertising that is offline, meaning not on the internet. Read this:

It clearly states in both places that the rule doesn’t apply to digital advertising. The ONLY rule that applies to digital advertising is using the regular Roblox logo.

1 Like

You can use classic avatars in YouTube trailers because YouTube trailers are online advertising of your game. The rule only applies to products and the advertising of them.

2 Likes

This is by far the worst guideline update to ever come from this platform. As many people have said already, I’m seriously reconsidering moving to another platform that actually listens to their community like Unity. The “fossils” that call themselves investors don’t know what Roblox is, nor do they even know what the internet in general is.

This is extremely dissapointing and I hope this change is reverted. This limits so many brands within Roblox.

11 Likes