Update to Roblox Licensing Program & Brand Guidelines

As a small developer.

This changes doesn’t fit Roblox as everyone is already used to R15 even R6 but forcing all of us to use Rthro??

I am sorry but we don’t need Roblox to be “realistic”. Also isn’t Rthro using R15?

Removing R6 and R15 it will break the entire community basically the entire website in rage.

Yeah, this doesn’t make any sense at all and a pretty stupid change.

3 Likes

This makes no sense at all. Using “Blox” in Roblox games is basically free advertising for Roblox. If we cant use Roblox and Blox in our games, what are we supposed to use now?
Banning R6 and R15 is the stupidest update i have seen yet i think. Blocky avatars are iconic for Roblox, so why ban them?

6 Likes

i think i’ll abstain from commenting on this one

Lets show the world all those “realistic” rthro characters and “experiences”, make Roblox seem like the true competitor to Meta (Facebook), but in reality it’s a bunch of games with blocky avatars.

1 Like

Roblox, I simply want to try to open your eyes:
You have already been called out by multiple YouTubers and news outlets for being out of touch with your community.
Your stock is still doing poorly – at the time of writing this, it is the 3rd lowest it has ever been.
And now you do something like this.
Don’t take this as a threat, but open your eyes: even large companies like yourself can go bankrupt because of stupid decisions. It’s no secret that you only care about investors and not the playerbase, but this move could potentially drive investors away.
If we are on this website, none of us want you to go bankrupt, which is why I gave you this warning that, after this update, things are likely to only go downhill for you unless you fix things.

4 Likes

God some of you don’t understand that roblox isn’t pushing rthro here. None of this is a desperate push.

That being said, roblox needs to clarify a lot because the devforum isn’t particularly known for understanding these posts without major breaking down.

1 Like

Not only they are banning R6 and R15 they also stopped selling Roblox Toy Figures.

3 Likes

Well considering what happened to Neopets when it tried this stuff I can see history repeating itself very soon.

Stick it to the man and use “block” instead of “blox”. That’s what I’d do.

if we want to be with the avatars R15 and R6 we must request authorization from Roblox in the first instance

I Don’t Know How Roblox Corporation Decided To Do This By Banning Us R15 And R6 Avatars And Using The More Realistic Ones Instead

At this rate, everyone who uses r6/r15 should just go with the Bad Business approach, making a whole custom character model maybe hard but atleast it gives us more control over how the player interacts with the game and outside the game, UGC and Rthro have made it very hard to standardized what a player can and cannot do. It’s undeniable that using Robux to buy specific Rthro packages to give you an unfair advantage is possible and seems like it’s being encouraged by Roblox (with the way they are limiting R6/R15).

Some examples include using a specific Rthro package combo to become super smaller, super big, supper tall, supper wide or any other extreme, this is bad for actual games, not whatever metaverse “game” Roblox is pushing out. You cant have reliable fair hitboxes that are intuitive/identifiable on sight with Rthro and UGC without having to limit what they can do with Rthro and UGC, i.e, removing some rthro packages and removing certain layered clothes (because some of them are comically oversized).

Overall, doesn’t surprise me that Roblox is doing this. The barrier to make games on Roblox is increasing while other tools it’s decreasing.

2 Likes

It’s forcing you to use Rthro ONLY if you aren’t advertising your game, group, etc. Most Roblox developers are not affected because most use thumbnails and graphics they create are related to advertising their game.

Incorrect. You only need permission to use R6 and a non-heavily customized R15 if you are doing something other than game advertising, however, most Roblox developers aren’t doing that…marketing purposes are still protected.

HA, know whats funny? Minecraft has no problem with using blocky character’s, and its still alive and well…

5 Likes

Now that’s what I call powering imagination. I’m gratified to experience Roblox being powerful enough for creators to outrun the platform itself. This is what Roblox is about, and after 12 years, I’m still happy here. Definitely a late bloomer, but I promise to upkeep exactly what makes Roblox great, and preserve what makes us family. Only the best contributions I can offer, and the best games I can tinker to perfection. Hard work, learning every day, and doing the right thing! Thank you everyone for being a part of this epic journey! With the greatest love, NobleBuild.

generally i predicted this outcome, but not what i expected to be.
but yea, we all have the same idea, Bad Idea, roblox is just killing themself, shooting them in the toe just to earn money.

5 Likes
  1. pretty sure roblox is working with meta, i mean Roblox is part of the metaverse.
  2. Yes i do agree with you, the idea and the concept of roblox putting realistic avatars in a blocky graphic game isn’t the brightest.

especially if they’re forcing it to the players.

5 Likes

Not only that, but are they still “Powering Imagination” these days or just ruining it?

For me Imagination means being able to do what you want with absolutely no limits, however Roblox is doing exactly the opposite.

6 Likes

Blame the investors, i literally predicted all of this using a post 2 months ago.
But basically
“why the investors?”
The investor putting money on roblox to keep going forward, and forcing us some unncesarry stuff.
this includes rthro.
but the thing is, Investors Wants Profit, They couldn’t careless about The community liked it or not.
they didn’t put billions for nothing.

6 Likes

Let’s just say “Roblox is evolving, just backwards

6 Likes