Update to Roblox Licensing Program & Brand Guidelines

(my last post state)
Bro, Learn to spell first. That isn’t even near.
and also, did you just edit you’re message? and still gets it wrong?
now it’s not even readable.

1 Like

I was bored so I attempted to get the numbers on what percentage of players actually use rthro how roblox intended it be used (basically how many people use it not to make a troll avatar)

I went through some random adopt me servers and just counted how many rthro vs non rthro avatars I could see through the server tab

out of 2540 people I checked about 21 had rthro avatars that weren’t 100% trolls.

That’s around 0.8% of players being rthro, and that’s in adopt me, which I would guess have a higher percentage of players who use rthro given that a lot of newer players tend to use rthro more than older players and I also counted avatars that probably should have not counted

So uh, roblox is shooting itself in the foot for the benefit of maybe 1% of its player count (and that’s being generous), and that 1% isn’t even the rich players so I don’t even get that.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m andre_####

Seriously?

Why can we not use R6 avatars in Thumbnails anymore?
Metaverse?

Also, you can’t copyright a tilted square with a hole in the middle, that isn’t original enough to be copyrighted

3 Likes

Maybe the copyright part is real.

1 Like

No, you can’t just loose 70% of a playerbase and just say ‘Oh well, at least we still have 30%!’

You clearly don’t know how business’ work.

3 Likes

As I said, with a healthy mind and some common sense they know not to do that.

Obviously they are only out for the cash, not for our freedom.

3 Likes

so under the new guidelines, it says that we need a licensing agreement; how do you get that?
are roblox videos still allowed to bear the name “ROBLOX” in their title?

2 Likes

They have. It’s the specifics of it copyrighted. (I.e. dark grey with angled hole tilted at an XYZ angle and for purposes: Digital Trade, for example)

We have to prevent that from happening, before Roblox is everything trash UGC. We can’t just sit idly by and watch while Roblox makes itself worse

2 Likes

and you clearly don’t know how much they (investor) invest into this.
Generally roblox wouldn’t act with no reason. especially making this big of a change.

Doesn’t mean they don’t have the option to. as i said, roblox can do pretty much anything with that much of a money. they have the budget to. what can WE fellow developers do?.
Roblox/Community really didn’t get the freedom they used to have.

We have the choice to stop giving them money, and not join back if they decide to make “a new Roblox”… They would eventually run dry and would have to shut down.

Did the same thing with Audio Update, made a Post asking people how they feel about it (since the original post was already full of ACTUAL CLUTTER), but then they go ahead and take it down, because my post would “make Clutter”… What the hell?!

I have one server in terms of this update that I’m not keen on sharing publically. DM me for invite if you’re interested.

The same applies to you if interested.

if we actually do have the choice roblox wouldn’t be dumb enough to make this move.
they would’ve been priority’d the community rather than the investor.
yet HERE WE ARE AM I RIGHT??!

2 Likes

Since Bloxy is trademarked by Roblox, I just want to know.

If my game blows up, I would like to buy bloxykart.com. Is this not allowed as Roblox owns the trademark Bloxy?

Investors are not gonna save much of this platform, especially with the recent articles that have come out regarding many of its investors going against Roblox for numerous reasons. Not to mention their stocks have fallen hard, making it even harder for investors to support them.

After analyzing fully the topic and the guidelines via DropBlox, I certainly believe it was a good idea to prevent the brand “Roblox” from improper usage which we see daily by bad users. Strengthening and protecting the brand is so important for both the corporation and Roblox fans and lovers.