Update to Roblox Licensing Program & Brand Guidelines

It’s true, Investor ain’t gonna save nor help this platform, they’ll just seek for profit.
but Roblox are Priortying Investor, inviting them, believing them more than the community who stick around for over a decade, i truly don’t know what roblox was thinking, but one thing for sure, Roblox is not gonna do this without any sort of a backup on their sleeve.

Yea, unfortunately you are right.

Well i love the Changes as of now…But i was making an FPS game but how will i do that without R6? it won’t work on Rthro…I understand you roblox on making the Roblox community Perfect for the Roblox Community for Solo Developers that makes FPS (First Person Shooter) Rthro is Useless it won’t work.

2 Likes

You would think legally speaking “block” would be too generic but huh. Guess not. That’s… That’s kinda dystopian. Not gonna lie.

4 Likes

There shouldn’t be a worry with using R6 or R15 characters still because they still let you use it, this seems like a big misconception because really it’s only for marketing, such as youtubers, etc.

Well yeah as of now…But im a solo Intern Scripter im not really quite that familliar with lua so i can’t make an FPS game with Rthro mine only works with R6

2 Likes

Script support category is there

Well yeah i know that. but it seems impossible to Create an FPS game with Rthro

1 Like

But it is trademarked. There is a difference, but it’s still can’t be used in any way possible

1 Like

Well there goes the next season of RB Battles.

3 Likes

Roblox doesn’t work with meta (which is facebook) they are competitors in the “race to the metaverse” as some call it.

3 Likes

so what they’re saying is we have to misinform everybody because roblox feels like forcing rthro on everyone

1 Like

this is quite fairly ridiculous

in all honesty i cant event be surprised with the amount of backlash going forward from the community.
roblox once again being like “:grin::smile::smile: this is fine”

1 Like

now this generally makes it more pain, because roblox is not and probably will lost in competing about metaverse.
Roblox is nowhere near Realism, even if they’re near to how metaverse works
(Owned Digital Currency, Customize Clothing, Creating games and Experience,etc)
They’re nowhere near comparing Avatars, and most games in roblox is literally just a simple graphic, and that what truly makes Roblox Roblox, now at this point roblox is just out of their steps.

oH BOY! roblox headed into another war over content vs Developers! Content Creators keeping stars how nice? but the experience Developers don’t get that? Yup we going back to 2018 when it was a big deal over this.

I’m glad that Ro-Scale is a distinct brand from Roblox, otherwise Ro-Scale games would all be illegal under these new rules.

Yes, and the investors are 90 year-old fossils that don’t know anything about the internet.
Roblox just bends the knee to investors because money.

Quit being a roblox fanboy and defending every terrible descision they make.

1 Like

rthro represents barely a fifth of the entire community yet they treat is as everyone’s favorite thing lol

2 Likes

in all honesty i’m no Roblox “fanboy”, i’m not on their side, i’m here to remind you, if you wanna fought them, “you’re fighting against a billionaire company”, and toss that aside

just like you said. they’re 90 year old fossils, they couldn’t careless about what the community wants, they want profit.
(at this point i feel like a repeater bot, kept repeating on what i state. this is the 3rd time in this post.)

Profit can change the world upside down.

2 Likes