Updates to Item Holding Periods [Marketplace]

Actually roblox SHOULD follow steam’s path, high suspicious trades, (trades from non-friends or high rap for low rap item) should be confirmed through email or mobile app tap, a phone number verification should also be enforced to trade, this would fix scams and everything, no need for all of this holding stuff upon trade,

1 Like

That’s great and all but… already a thing.

Using an authenticator has been mandatory for ages now. It hasn’t made any noticeable difference with most scams as people still fairly regularly get compromised. The API method is a good example of a scam that’s completely unaffected by it.

1 Like

this update just slows down the trading, there is no reason to add holding period

10 Likes

Unfortunately the current 2FA system is flawed & can be easily bypassed since it is not consistent by any means and unlocks for a certain amount of time after you complete 1 single trade where it is required. Auth apps can also be compromised using various methods, but the main problem is how Roblox uses it.

1 Like

Pins can easily be cracked in seconds.

2 Likes

Over 200 replies mostly against a change that is heavily disadvantaging to trading, which is the primary remaining benefit of having Premium. Who is going to get Premium just to have an icon and simply be automatically paying for Robux every month? Not only has Roblox failed once again to clarify how the changes are related to safety and security, many of us simply don’t understand the point of the new holding period for trades. I am going to laugh my arse off if I hear the phrases “you are the lifeblood of Roblox” and/or “but unfortunately, they are necessary” in the next statement regarding this trading update.

9 Likes

while it does make sense that the reason that Roblox has decided to that doing this would be the best option is due to accounts being hacked, Items being moved to other accounts and items becoming hard to track down and return the the original account. Although I think roblox should redo their entire system because the “Hot Potato” way that roblox beamed items are now is just a mess. The fact that a player can be banned for having a item that has been stolen from another account is absolutely ridiculous. most of the time the person who ends up holding the item till they get banned for having this poisoned item has no idea that they have a “poisoned item” in the first place. Roblox needs to redo their system in other ways that don’t require a trade ban on already tradable items. Roblox has started as a platform that listens to its player bases opinions for the most part. If ROBLOX wants to ruin their game even further by ruining their entire marketplace then go ahead… ROBLOX’s trading is so loved and amazing for the fact its fast paced.

5 Likes

“Based on community feedback, we will do the complete opposite of what everyone wants!”
Respectfully, nobody asked for this change at all.
Discountinuing classic limiteds was already a bad take, but, adding holding periods to trading is a whole new level.
I understand that you’re trying to promote/focus on UGC, but please understand that this is not the right way to do this.
If you are trying to stop bad actors from stealing people’s items, just improve your moderation (people always ask for that and you seem to just ignore it), adding holding periods is not the right way to solve this problem.
Also, please consider making more roblox-made items/limiteds, they can co-exist with UGC with no issue at all. UGC will never compete with your items, and, i belive they’re two separate features that have nothing to do with each other.

9 Likes

In light of this update, is Roblox considering the following which would help address users’ concerns about the market being more difficult / slower paced after this update?

• Increasing the number of items that can be included in each trade
  • Unifying the resale fee of UGC limited items with Roblox created ones (30%)

I feel that allowing users to include more items at once in their trades could help address users’ concerns about trading becoming more tedious and difficult. Furthermore, the amount of items allowed to be included in a trade has always incentivized users to make risky deals involving more than 4 items across multiple trades, which has caused many users to be swindled / scammed out of their items. I feel that either significantly increasing the number of items that can be included in trades or completely uncapping the number of items would be a significant improvement to the current limit. It would also make the pending time less of a concern, as users would be able to trade all of their items at once for a larger, more expensive item instead of having to continually trade 4 items for 1 larger one and continually wait for the holding period to end.

I also feel that the current disconnect between the resale fee imposed on UGC Limited items (50%) and that of Roblox created Limited items (30%) is both confusing for users, and the UGC fee in particular significantly unfair for the reseller. At this time, Roblox does not display the resale fee for UGC or Roblox created limited items prior to the purchase of the item. For over a decade, the resale fee for Limited items has been set at 30%. It is both confusing and unfair to users that buy UGC Limited items to not specify that the resale fee is higher than Roblox’s Limited items. The current 50% fee imposed on resellers of UGC Limited items also disincentives active participation in the UGC Limited economy, especially when purchasing from resellers after the holding period, because it is very difficult / impossible in most cases to break even after reselling the item due to the extremely high fee. I think that unifying the current 50% fee on UGC Limiteds with the 30% fee imposed on Roblox created Limiteds by setting both to 30% would resolve both of these issues, and promote more active participation in the UGC Limiteds market.

8 Likes

Honestly I wouldn’t recommend more trade slots. While it offers more security, with the way items are valued right now it would be hard to determine which ones get good amounts of overpays.

2 Likes

Has this update been pushed yet?

2 Likes

Ratelimits make that statement very untrue.

6 Likes

Well:

• People buy premium for trading only
  • Trading is killed off

So will more or less people buy premium?
If you’re going to wibble, at least use your common sense before wibbling.

9 Likes

So far the feature hasn’t released yet and i hope it doesn’t many people will loose lots of robux today.

i dont know if we are expecting limiteds to tank, thats what many people are predicting so i would stay on the lookout just in case for limiteds losing value over the course of today.

Roblox clearly didn’t listen to any community feedback as they haven’t responded yet and this happened when they turned limiteds irregular as well, NO ONE LIKES IT.

Roblox hasn’t said anything and its clear this post is showing the true color’s of the disfunct marketplace team, ive lost all my respect within four months to this department on roblox, shame on them.

6 Likes

Stop lying, the gig is up.

Here is all the times you say you listened to feedback but you didnt, no one likes these

• Turning Limiteds Irregular - No one liked this, it promotes limited clones and at this point people might as well copy items because roblox doesnt care. Turning limiteds irregular also makes the catalog boring, stale and in the past few months many have quit and plan to click on the cancel for there premium, this was one of the worst changes EVER.

• Limited holding periods - Like if you read the comment section its clear that roblox is behaving like there about to trash there platform, what is this ?

• UGC Limiteds Transparency - You ditched a focus group, you were unreliant and lie everywhere you go ?

How many more lies to the catalog marketplace department have till its over ?
Its Over, they will learn there lesson today when they see the state and decay the catalog will suffer.
Say goodbye to the economy you built for over a decade cause you dont listen to the community.

Its Over…

8 Likes

Why are you ignoring us ?

your about to ruin a decade worth of limiteds today.
How unfortunate that they couldn’t just do the simple thing and listen

Remember the days when roblox listened ?

The Marketplace team have lied constantly and with a post of furious replies they continue to ignore us
and lie to our faces every time. I Want to find out who works on this team and they should reply and step forward for there actions over the past year with at least some explanations. This is the most disappointing moves ive seen roblox make in years, sometimes i wish this platform was better and I’m sure many do and this is why it isnt any better its almost like Roblox isn’t reading any of the feedback.

They haven’t even said a single word, Pure Disrespect. roblox will suffer.

7 Likes

i’m pretty excited to see how this will roll out, if it even does. i still don’t believe it will be as bad as people think it is, i think that roblox does realize that a 2 day holding period is absurd and that it will only be applied in some cases, and that trading will resume as normal. only the blackmarket may be affected.

still though, i have a feeling they won’t bother rolling it out. they are self aware of the damage they would cause to the community

3 Likes

its almost not like its inspected :fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Blackmarket and gambling sites*

1 Like

yea i was assuming gambling sites were a part of the blackmarket

4 Likes