Updates to Item Holding Periods [Marketplace]

If only Roblox knew how to make things that are actually useful and that don’t destroy yet another huge feature.

23 Likes

You are essentially giving people an incentive to release fake copies of Roblox limiteds as UGC accessories. Nobody is going to want to trade from nothing with a consistent holding period of 2 days per trade, from small limited items to more expensive ones. Trading is dead if you’re not made of money to spend on Roblox.

You encourage people to, instead, buy the items, whether it be from an off-site deal or to buy an immense amount of Robux, of which only successful developers tend to achieve.

You want a UGC-only economy, but this disrespectfully ends your first-party economy with Roblox’s own, memorable, V1 Limited items from Roblox’s past a decade ago.

The Roblox team’s choices have consistently been a letdown. There is zero communication anymore for site features that are determined as “legacy” to whatever person at Roblox. Stop it.

29 Likes

Honestly who is running this crap show ?

Roblox killed trading, and earlier this year killed limiteds and they just dont listen

we give you so much constructive criticism but all you do is ignore our cries and go with the awful moves. Roblox trading is meant to be fast paced, the speed has been the main thing that keeps items afloat and an exciting environment. With such a sudden and barely thought out announcement so trash honestly is shows roblox barely care anymore.

• Trading is over this will destroy trading, a fast paced exciting feature now trashed by a slow awful system. We pay for premium just for half the time as a cooldown, Infact this is scamming us for paying for this subscribtion and the trading system is fine it has been for over a decade, honestly roblox you never learn. values will change for the worst, trading will be impossible to start up in as a new trader, the flaws are infact so obvious i dont need to even state them, ive said this so many times this year.
    Who runs this ?, its almost a monthly issue now of roblox doing awful changes…

To me this here showed your obvious flaws, its clear roblox dont listen to anyone after outrage over this, roblox had such a good catalog and all these old items going limited and in one year was great but roblox are trash and took everything good away and killed trading

Roblox, your on thin ice for many users now…

27 Likes

Not only did the trading community have to deal with drought of limiteds from 2020 to 2022 as it was decided to stop releasing limiteds for some reason for 2 years before beginning to make random offsales limited for a year until UGC limiteds came out but now the fast-paced nature of the trading scene is being severely harmed.

Please stop making changes like this which heavily affect the trading scene and do nothing but hurt the community built around it. This is not a good idea and nobody involved in the community wants this change.

26 Likes

is there any plans to visit the premium requirement to resell & trade limiteds?

currently, it is required to pay for a monthly subscription to trade & sell limiteds… these holding periods will eat up significant percentage of your paid subscription each month.

this change directly and greatly reduces the value proposition of paying for premium to unlock these economy features.

there is also the other benefit of allowing more users to resell their UGC limiteds, getting more participation in the system as a whole, and likely earning creators more since majority of limited owners do not have this subscription

40 Likes

When roblox posted this i knew it was over after so much outrage they dont listen to any feedback

Roblox are trashing the roblox made economy in its own eyes for this ugc crap and not taking any care or effort or even an ounce of respect to these items. What about all these offsales that should be limited, all these limiteds that hold so much value being trashed by roblox’s incompetence, whoever is working on this let me say this year you have let us down so much, i wish i could go back to last year and i would do a lot for that in the trading world cause they tipped it upside down in a matter of months, awful.

this is the time now where there moves come back around to bite them.

17 Likes

When im checking stolen items most of them are stolen from inactive accounts. Only people that are beneficial from this change are inactive accounts , people that hate gambling and people that hate trading.

17 Likes

What is the point of Roblox Premium after this change??? No one is going to end up purchasing it because so many people use it for trading, and with this change sales are just gonna deteriorate.

36 Likes

I can see the intent in this update, it prevents limiteds from being blackmarketed & it makes people involved in account hijacking more vulnerable to being terminated. However, this is not the way to go for it, this kills trading entirely. Making profit will be impossible, especially for small traders. This is definitely not a good solution & needs to be reverted, or at least modified ASAP.

EDIT: THIS should only apply to trades that have a 50%+ rap/value difference instead of every trade. That would be an optimal solution.

23 Likes

okay, but if we already reselled UGC Litimiteds they:

• will be in hold for 30d?
  • will be in hold untill july 20, then 7 days of hold (or less if the 30d hold ends early)?

and the robux are given in 7d or 30d?

this is insane (5k by UGC Limiteds)

11 Likes

Agreed! This feature should only be a setting behind 2fa.

6 Likes

its already behind 2fa when SOLD, why not with Trade

(happened to me)

imagen

14 Likes

THIS should only apply to trades that have a 50%+ rap/value difference instead of every trade. That would be an optimal solution.

12 Likes

I think holding periods are a great idea since a lot of scamming can be stopped, but they should only last for a few hours at maximum tbh.

Because having them last for an entire week is kinda overdoing it.

6 Likes

You do need to do 2FA to trade most of the time I believe he just means the system should be a setting itself locked behind 2FA for people who are really worried about security even though it would be useless still.

6 Likes

Okay but you aren’t explaining it so that a non trader can understand.

A non trader would presume user A wants item X, User B sells item X to user A. After 2 days, dust settles. Everyone is happy.

5 Likes

honestly with the state roblox have tipped the catalog upside down in 2023,
heres the trash and awful moves they have done in a summary.

- Holding period for two days on trades

Honestly who added this lets be honest, trashes everything. A Decade long system that worked perfectly and built an economy so powerful, but remember roblox doesn’t understand the community there on a higher more disfunct level so they decided to add this and ruin it.
Values will drop and change, trading becomes slower and even worse half of the month of paying for premium you cant even trade making such a scammy subscription as roblox’s money hungry greed comes out, the cons outweight the pros here, there on thin ice

- UGC Limiteds Taxes and certain parts of the feature

UGC limiteds were great on paper, but there are so many item clones and roblox is indenial about taking them down, they say they have had a 99% witnessed report drop because they dont read them and ugc limiteds are just unprofitable when it goes to resale, the taxes just dont make it worth especially for ones that could actually do well. You also give ugc creators little compensation and they can barely make there robux back with the heavy price of stocks. There useless and roblox is prioritizing a tragic useless feature.

- Roblox turning limiteds irregular

This is stupid, causes roblox catalog to feel dead, empty and also leaves these offsale items that are demanded like workclock headphones to rot. Many people will clone them as ugc items and honestly at this point roblox is approving cloning them so yes. Also just the feeling of all these old items going limited and finally having a fresh limited economy felt great and it gave me hope the team running the marketplace had at least some community interaction, guess UGC sucked that away from them.

Many players were pumped about the possibilities with avatar customization and finally being able to get there accessories that they have always dreamed of to own, It also makes no sense how half done it is for example workclock headphones need to go limited, like hello ?. It just seems so wild how a real company can go from doing something so well and then falling off within months over a judgement that they think is correct but the community hates but the marketplace department continue to be quiet, continue to not listen to feedback, all i wish was for them to listen.

Thats so many major losses this year roblox, it aint outweighing the cons and your killing features left and right without releasing the consequences, now your on thin ice with another wave of outrage from the community, i wish i could go back to last year when the catalog had hit its peak, take me back to the days :frowning: .

27 Likes

This is just a kind request to please reconsider what your doing with trading, this is going to entirely destroy your trading economy

22 Likes

Or they can just make a security question like every other site does, that only that specific person would know like “Whats your pet dogs name” or whatever? ORR they could just make the holding for limiteds 200k+ in rap, ORRR they could just actually fix their security, instead of completely ruining a community

7 Likes

Trading is meant to be fast paced, items can drop in recent average price and “Value” which are created by traders for each and every item, if the item is slow moving its bound to drop. it kills demands and everything, its a lot of things to interpret and i think so many people will respond to this one going crazy lol.

Trading has been ruined, 100% and its kinda sad to see

11 Likes