Updates to Item Holding Periods [Marketplace]

RichBoyCoolSwag72 here, I agree completely and utterly with wegklthnaewjkdewcjks’ statement. This will do more harm to roblox’s trading community than good.
Thank you.

9 Likes

Which is great, my original post I said it’d be nice to have that as the default, 2fa for any trade. We may hopefully see Roblox amending this trade hold plan to be more like Steam in reducing or removing holds if the user is 2fa’d with an authenticator

5 Likes

take me back to 2022

• No Holding Periods, A Fresh roblox economy doing well with so many people enjoying it
  • Offsale Limiteds, Adding more choices of items to get than ever before, more people to start trading, items finally returning and lower limited clones
  • The Marketplace team actually being transparent about things

You Remember the days ?, They were the life,

32 Likes

I’d think if the actual reason is lost items, they would have the holding periods only happen when something is sold or traded far below its average price

4 Likes

As an active trader I support a holding period, HOWEVER it needs to be changed/modified. I believe that there should only be a holding period for OVER/UNDER a 50% difference in the limited item’s RAP at the time of the trade. This will help prevent scammers,BMEers, etc, while protecting the trading feature. The only trading this will really effect is rare trading. However Rare items should be looked at since they are a lot more vuneralble to BMers and can massivley effect the item.

7 Likes

Well, this is definitely stirring up some drama among the trading community. I don’t really have much of an opinion, since I’m not a trader myself.

Since when did we have community feedback again…?

3 Likes

So basically,

A new trader with only one item can only make a trade every 2 days, on top of having to wait 7 days after originally purchasing an item. So in your first month of trading you will be able to make a total of 12-13 trades, as opposed to the current 100 per DAY. Absolutely awful update for the community. This will ruin trading for many, many people, including me. Very disappointing.

If they really cared about stolen items they would have a mandatory trade quality filter. One where the total rap of one side cannot be drastically different from the total rap of the other side (of the trade).

6 Likes

2 day holding period for an item being traded is way way way too long and just screams being completely out of sync with how trading works on Roblox and the community who uses it.
If Roblox is insisting on a holding period for a traded item which as a concept I think is a good idea, it should be 6 hours absolutely maximum

14 Likes

I guess every company eventually falls to the corporate greed ‘dark side’. Roblox, all of your “Updates” in the past 5+ years have slowly killed the passion that so many of us once had for your platform.

12 Likes

The ‘old limiteds’ hold is really bad, this will put a lot of people off on your trading feature. Just my opinion though.

Say you have a new trader, has 10k total value spread across 3 items.

He trades his items but has wait 2 days to make any more progress. But his premium expires soon and these items are dropping. What will he do?

21 Likes

best trading update of the decade

2 Likes

Just gonna give my opinion on what I think will happen from this change.

#1 A lot of og traders who have been here since day 1 are going to be less active. Since they’ve been here at day 1 I can’t see them quitting completely but I can see them doing so if they find anything better to do with their lives.

#2 UGC Is going to be a little more hype… When I say a little that’s pretty much just how its going to be. Holding periods in general are boring to me and the fact you have to wait 7 days which is a really long time doesn’t really change much. It’s still like 1/3 of a month and if it was the 2 day holding period with trading it’d be a lot more worth investing time in. But I feel like UGC isn’t something Roblox intended to be profittable of in the first place so yeah it’s just whatever.

#3 This is going to lose players

If I was new to trading and what I’m used to is receiving items I trade instantly (Like almost every game that has trading does) I would honestly feel like it’s not worth trading. If the point of this is to make Roblox less profittable, then props for this because it’s definitely working.

Sorry but I just can’t see this change being a positive one and I’m on neither side. I don’t trade and I’m not excited over the UGC Limiteds. This is putting myself in a scenario where I theoretically am. And it’s not looking good Roblox.

5 Likes

No. This is not what we wanted.

We want no holding period, for crying out loud. It’s horrible.

18 Likes

20 Likes

I love how 80% people that supports this change havent even traded on roblox.

18 Likes

“Based on community feedback” when not a single person has ever asked for a holding period on trades

33 Likes

Only 80%? That’s a very optimistic estimate. I was expecting much closer to 100%!

8 Likes

Pay for premium to be able to trade Roblox-created limited items? Got it.

What’s this? I have to now wait two days to trade my stuff? Majority of the month is now spent waiting for this holding period to end if I am actively trading? Okay, got it…

Oh no. Public UGC is right around the corner. It’s almost like a ton of people now have even more incentive to upload knockoff limiteds or straight up bypass them completely. I hope you’re ready to take a huge hit on your premium memberships, most traders are sub-100k value people and rely on fast paced deals to make money. I can sure promise with public UGC and endless bypassed limiteds there will be less and less incentive for premium and the trade system as a whole. Sure, the items will be deleted eventually, but if you’ve seen how many times I have uploaded my deadly dark fix item you will know that you are fighting a losing battle especially with public UGC.

Not sure which one of the geniuses working at the company came up with this idea. Might be time to rethink their employment.

Imagine a cryptocurrency that forced you to hold it for 2 days, every time you wanted to do something with it. I lack the words to properly describe how dead on arrival that would be.

I WILL BYPASS A DOMINUS EMPYREUS ON DAY 1 OF PUBLIC UGC AND NO ONE WILL STOP ME!
I WILL BYPASS A DOMINUS EMPYREUS ON DAY 1 OF PUBLIC UGC AND NO ONE WILL STOP ME!
I WILL BYPASS A DOMINUS EMPYREUS ON DAY 1 OF PUBLIC UGC AND NO ONE WILL STOP ME!!!

32 Likes

Got to say I am sort of a fan of this update of trades having a 2-day pend as it really does help with stopping compromises.

However… It does have its flaws.

the lower-end trading market 1k - 260k rap is generally way more fast-paced than higher up in the market.

This hold could possibly create problems for lower-end traders, as some lower items in that range are traded fast.

It would be much better if the hold only applied to more significant trades. higher up in the market. The same goes for an item when it is resold, in the smaller sections of trading, item performances can change in the 7-day resell period.

Otherwise, I think the UGC limited is way better, it was kind of sucky for it to be held for 30 days after you buy one that a user is reselling as the performance can change by ALOT in that time frame.

4 Likes

Holding period for all trades is good- in the future, maybe Roblox support will not be so utterly useless when it comes to having people’s valuable items stolen.

5 Likes