Updating Creator Roadmap - 3 Months Later

Is there an ETA on when it will be added? It was skipped/missed last roadmap. It’d be nice to know if it is a week or a month :smile:

I think a lot of developers in the community would like if this was not forgotten about.

7 Likes

well unfortunately, they probably saw your comment and said “lol he doesn’t know”
as in they are probably not going to do that, and they say its because of “mobile” and that they couldn’t just detect mobile and revert to the clouds that are 2d like the ones in studio right now. honestly unfortunate because we cannot do anything about this and they will just shrug it off. although I do hope that they implement this. I am pretty certain they will not.

3 Likes

I would pray for this, but that wouldn’t do anything, and neither does saying something to the staff of roblox, even if this does eventually come, it would probably be in the distant future, they are too busy sorting out their mess-ups with audio and ugc etc…

2 Likes

real and true, idk why this is not like the #1 most liked here, the anti cheat is a big need right now for roblox and if they don’t realize that then they need to get their priorities straight.

4 Likes

Truly impressive that you updated us after a quarter. My experience with Roblox in the past 7 years is that great ideas arise but get stale after their introduction.

Awesome to see the slow but incremental improvements to the process!

Would suggest to prioritize:

• Removing (or let games opt-out of) the Microsoft Store version. Byfron can’t be implemented due to Microsoft’s TOS, so let experiences block these platforms themselves.
    EDIT: looks like they’ve been working with Microsoft to implement Hyperion into UWP, amazing :tada:
  • Offline mode for Studio. Our freelancers and myself would greatly benefit from this, considering unsteady connectivity is especially a thing during travel.
9 Likes

Can we get an update on SurfaceAppearance.Color? This is a day to day pain point for me and many others

2 Likes

Does this refer to the genre sort that I was talked about earlier this year?

2 Likes

Regarding open-source documentation, we are currently testing our repository and build setup internally and plan to go public with the Creator Documentation guides and articles over the next month!

Every open-sourced page will have an “Edit” button on it that takes you directly to Github, where you can make a PR for documentation edits, fixes, additions, etc.

5 Likes

Experience Transfer from User to Group will be the path to unlocking Analytics for current User owned experiences that need more sophisticated permissioning capabilities

5 Likes

Just a note on Hack Week videos, you should take Hack Week videos as a demonstration of the creativity of Roblox’ employees, not as a preview of upcoming features.

While a few hack week projects do end up shipping:

• In the best case it’s much much easier to get a demo just barely functional for a hack week video than to actually complete the feature and ship it to production (there’s lots of extra work in making the feature stable, maintainable, documented, tested etc).

• In the worst case it may be completely infeasible to actually ship what you see in a hack week demo as a fully supported feature of the engine (due to backwards / forwards compatibility concerns, safety / security problems, or any number of other reasons).

11 Likes

No more Ugc access for everyone?

5 Likes

It’s still on the roadmap! It’s just not listed in the topic, since that only entails updated deadlines.

Create however you wantAvatar creation and MarketplaceBodies and Animated Faces:

Members of the UGC Program and later all creators

iirc, they’re internally busy on figuring out moderation on this. Moderating a small scale of creators is feasible, but when the entire community can create UGC, things will backfire if not planned well.

3 Likes

I hope the Next Generation Studio Ribbon comes out, hope it comes with much better grouping of buttons, customize the ribbon itself, add custom rows & tabs. Hope we can also adjust the height of the Ribbon so we can make it 2 rows, or even 1 row! Microsoft 365 has those customizabilty features & the toolbar (aka the 1 row ribbon)

2 Likes

The Byfron anti-cheat, “Hyperion”, has released, but not for the console, mobile and Microsoft Store versions of Roblox (MS Store specifically does not allow for the type of anti-cheat Hyperion is). Currently, Hyperion has been so good that the cheat developers haven’t created bypasses for it, and are forced to tell their users they need to play Roblox on the versions that still don’t have it.

4 Likes

Yes but, why would it be called user generated content if only a few people can make them

3 Likes

User-generated content means content created by customers. Your DevForum posts are also user-generated content, even tho not everyone can post on the forum. Selectivity simply doesn’t matter for that.

But don’t worry, UGC is confirmed to expand to the entire userbase. The current application process takes multiple months to get back to applicants, so it’s simply not scalable to keep it this way.

3 Likes

Will we be able to adjust the grass height in specific regions?

6 Likes

I heard some people were already getting the message that they need to verify their account to post ugc, are they real? By the way do i need the message to appear to post ugc having verified my account? Or is it just visual

2 Likes

I suppose you’re referring to this prompt that popped up to some users?

Roblox seems to experiment with this, it is very well possible that UGC will be limited to ID verified users to hold off the lowest-quality submissions. Nothing is certain about that yet though, Roblox is still working on the moderation for UGC.

3 Likes

I just verified my account and it still doesnt show up, do you think they are giving it to everyone whos verified so i need to wait (i verified 5 minutes ago) ?

1 Like