Upgraded Materials, Material Manager, and More!

With the new materials, the grass looks too dark in my opinion

What do you mean “original”? There is no change to terrain organic in this update and rotation is never supported.

3 Likes

Oh ok, someone mentioned rotation for organic being a thing before, sorry! Though, could a rotating variant be added? That would be a good way to reduce tiling for certain materials.

1 Like

That’s a possible future update. We’ll consider it.

4 Likes

Is there a way to keep some of the Pre2022 materials while having some 2022 materials? If not can this be added soon? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should be able to save the data maps from the old materials are reupload them into the new materiel service. Not sure how it’ll work for smooth terrain.

this is really cool and will be very useful

Now this? This makes me excited again. If Fabric is refined to look more like fabric, even far off, I will absolutely be using the new mats for everything from here on out.

oh dont worry, you’re not the only one, im also pretty inconvenienced about this fact. Tbh what they could do is either add a legacy section in the material manager or just place the materials in the already existing sections with “legacy” next to their name or something like that

1 Like

question, what do you mean by opted?

I’m new to that kind of stuff and I haven’t been paying much attention.
not saying your message isn’t crystal clear, it is. I just wanna know how can I do that.
If I opted my place, will I be able to see it in game? (like a roblox server not in studio, if I use the materials.)

So sorry if this has any frustration.

When the feature rolls out to the Roblox client, games by default will have the new materials OFF as to not affect older games and people who dont want the new materials. On the other hand if you make a game and enable the new materials, the materials will be ON.

Edit:
When the feature rolls out it will be visible in a game, but currently it is studio only. But yes it would be visible if you enabled the new materials (opted in)

Or at least that’s what I got from it
(if I’m wrong please correct me)

3 Likes

This didn’t occur for me … I believe Roblox Studio beta features aren’t accessible when playing a Roblox game until they’re fully released and used by the game developer(s).

I said they only work in studio? When it rolls out it would work in a real game, currently it is a studio only beta? The “When the feature rolls out it will be visible in a game part, but currently it is studio only” says that its studio only and doesn’t appear in a real game…

1 Like

Bug

On smaller screens, you have to scale out in order to click on the Save button on Materials.

Not Scaled:

Zoomed Out:

2 Likes

They were separated due to significant changes in the surface shader used to render both sets of materials. I think the original maps for both the classic and new materials should be released, but I also think you are overreacting a little.

2 Likes

I agree it can’t use this as you cannot resize the UI and it’s way to big for most screens…

1 Like

How do you actually zoom out though?

Very excited to see this. It will be so much easier to create items, buildings, or even machines that can blend in to nature or the terrain without using third party services. This is a huge update on its own bringing a new service into roblox. Good job studio dev team.

1 Like

I think that maybe it’s cool that game I know it is all of the type of the works

Thank you so much yeah we know we have been working on the game Roblox do we start coding where is the money studio