Upload Custom Materials in the New Material Service Beta

YESSSSS I’m so happy this is so awesome, I can’t wait to show what I made.

1 Like

now that they’re back up, can we have water be custom textured?
I really think this will be a huge Improvement.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to allow the grass decoration to be applied over multiple terrain textures? now that there are overrides? would be great to be able to have different colored grass for separate biomes/areas.

6 Likes

Sorry for the late reply,

This is the error I keep getting.

5 Likes

I know how this happens I will make video explaining

1 Like

Hi I was just wondering, is a displacement map a good substitute for a roughness map?

2 Likes

no those are 2 different texture maps

2 Likes

This is a feature, one of the staff replied to me saying this:

2 Likes

So this means it will come in the future and we will be able to customize the grass decoration

1 Like

@Itsjacobiward Here is the videos I made, you have to watch both of them, I tried putting them together but it didnt work for some odd reason.
1- 2022 02 16 17 31 30 - YouTube
2- 2022 02 16 17 36 55 - YouTube

4 Likes

I made a video suggesting this idea about it, this was it:Terrain Video of Roblox Dev Forum Post - YouTube

it was from a topic I named which got taken down from the wrong title but all of my points of that are Ideas of what the terrain system needs

1 Like

Are there any plans to make custom terrain materials recolorable? EX: colored terrain (it just goes to the uncolored texture) vs colored parts… both using the same materialservice texture & color in their properties…

12 Likes

Farther up, they mentioned they were working on that.

5 Likes

me too , while it is a png
idk i dont understand,
annoying bug

2 Likes

its not a bug, scroll up to the video I sent him, (the 2 vids) those 2 vids will solve your issue with it.

2 Likes

Can someone tell me why this looks so bad and how to fix it?

Here are the badlands with the default terrain.

Obviously, it looks horrible. Other than the color my custom texture doesn’t have a separate texture for the “wall part” terrain, which is one reason why it looks so bad. How can I make the texture look good?

6 Likes

you have to edit the Tiling in the material Varient

3 Likes

Great. Material Service for terrain is now taken back out again :frowning_face:

Sorry, sorry. I realized that I didnt have a setting enabled in the beta features in studio, the terrain editing is fine.

4 Likes

Do we have an estimated time for when this will be supported in actual games? Can’t wait to see the builds that can be accomplished when this is released to the public.

3 Likes

I’m incredibly excited for this update. Once this comes out, I’ll be able completely revamp my games with high-realism textures.

5 Likes