[v1.1] TeamCreate With avatars

Get The Plugin Here!

Team Create Avatars is a Plugin that allows you to wear your ROBLOX avatar’s head as your avatar in Team Create Instead of that stupid ball thing. This project took quite a while to make as I ironed out bugs and glitches to get a finished product.
Me and my friends have been using for over a year now and i have fixed any bugs we came across to ensure a good and working product.
This plugin was inspired by @prepsure 's Team Create with Hats plugin.

Here are some pictures of my friends using the plugin:
RobloxStudioBeta_0JQhUKYnSKRobloxStudioBeta_3rSNcpt8ds
RobloxStudioBeta_BWtjUYYehy|300x300RobloxStudioBeta_bCacOC1ClG

How much does it cost?
Free (Because of roblox’s new usd pricing setting the min to $5 I set it to free.)

How do I use it?
To use the plugin it is as simple as installing it.
There is no UI as I tried to make it feel as integrated as possible.
To Disable/Enable it simply toggle it off/on in the plugins manager.

Can my friends see my avatar?
Yes. Anyone who isn’t using the plugin can also see your avatar.

Why should I use this?
you should use this plugin as it breathes more life into your team create sessions and overall I found it to be quite fun.
+ its cheaper than team create with hats lol.

Whats to come in future updates?
In future Updates i will probably add a UI and the ability to edit the mesh, texture and hats of your avatar as i found that messing about with wierd meshes and textures was really fun, but until i add that you can just go into Terrain[‘TeamCreate Avatars’] and edit each others Avatars.

13 Likes

So. lets say that I have the plugin right?
If someone without the plugin is there, will they be able to see it? Cause this is something I have been wondering,

3 Likes

Yup. Everyone who is in your TeamCreate session can see it.

1 Like

even if they dont have the plugin they can still see it.

1 Like

@wallop5607 has already made such a plugin.

1 Like

wallop5607 was my old account. that plugin was riddled with bugs and i cant update it as my account got banned so i just uploaded it as v1.1
the old plugin also didnt scale the hats properly and equiped every accessory.
here is a side by side comparison:
RobloxStudioBeta_qEPmf3tbwt

1 Like

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay now the v1.1 makes sense lol!

1 Like

Not gonna lie, team create with hats looks better. Still pretty good job.

1 Like

i do plan on adding more features in the future, but for now it just uses your roblox avatar.

1 Like

hi, this plugin nuked my output console after a playtest.

sorry. this is probably caused by a bad internet connection. I will try fix it ASAP but in the meantime you should be able to fix it by disable and re-enabling the plugin

Thanks for reporting the bug. the error should be fixed and was caused by my own stupidity as i was trying to reference an instance before it was created

2 Likes

thanks you so much.
btw, amazing plugin!

1 Like

thank you for buying the plugin.

2 Likes

Added Cool Epic Banner and made some adjustments to the page.

2 Likes

Plugin now supports Dynamic Heads and (should) be able to 100% mimic R6, lmk if you notice anything not working as intended.

1 Like

Since I started working with someone else on a game, I bought this plugin; I’m assuming it’s working (but I can’t tell from my perspective for obvious reasons), but I think this plugin is using deprecated methods for managing collision groups; Every time a place finishes loading, some warnings show up.

After installation:

22:08:55.739  GetCollisionGroups is deprecated, please use GetRegisteredCollisionGroups instead. More info: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/updates-to-collision-groups/1990215  -  Studio
  22:08:55.739  CreateCollisionGroup is deprecated, please use RegisterCollisionGroup instead. More info: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/updates-to-collision-groups/1990215  -  Studio
  22:08:55.739  SetPartCollisionGroup is deprecated, please use BasePart.CollisionGroup instead. More info: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/updates-to-collision-groups/1990215  -  Studio
  22:11:33.069  Finished installing plugin.  -  Studio

Any time after this:

22:39:16.047  GetCollisionGroups is deprecated, please use GetRegisteredCollisionGroups instead. More info: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/updates-to-collision-groups/1990215  -  Studio
  22:39:16.047  SetPartCollisionGroup is deprecated, please use BasePart.CollisionGroup instead. More info: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/updates-to-collision-groups/1990215  -  Studio

Thanks for letting me know. i will switch the methods asap.

1 Like

Cool! There’s one more thing I would like to report but I don’t know whether it would be considered a bug or not… While this plugin is active, my avatar’s head/face attachments get in the way of the camera if I show constraint details (which reveals all attachments).

I don’t know how plugins and replication work in Roblox Studio, so I don’t know if it the face attachments could be removed on the local client while keeping them for other developers or not.

This isn’t a big problem because I can disable the plugin when I need to view constraints or attachments (and it does a good job cleaning up my head).

Oh, and speaking of cleaning up heads, I was in a Team Create session and closed the Studio window to leave it, but my head stayed until I came back (which destroyed then re spawned it behind the camera as normal.

EDIT: I just found another bug! I accidentally saved by pressing CTRL+S as a place was loading, and this kept the plugin from creating my floating head! This is the error that appeared:

23:30:24.476  cloud_12625170293.TeamCreateAV.1.HatMod:112: invalid argument #1 to 'new' (Color3 expected, got BrickColor)  -  Edit
  23:30:24.476  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  23:30:24.476  Script 'cloud_12625170293.TeamCreateAV.1.HatMod', Line 112  -  Studio
  23:30:24.476  Script 'cloud_12625170293.TeamCreateAV.1.HatMod', Line 24  -  Studio
  23:30:24.477  Script 'cloud_12625170293.TeamCreateAV.1.HatMod', Line 45  -  Studio
  23:30:24.477  Script 'cloud_12625170293.TeamCreateAV.1.HatMod', Line 57  -  Studio
  23:30:24.477  Script 'cloud_12625170293.TeamCreateAV.1.main', Line 24  -  Studio
  23:30:24.477  Stack End  -  Studio

My “head” was still visible in-world, but it’s just a “hot pink” block stuck halfway through a wall.

all of your issues should be fixed, including the error, visible attachments and the deprecated warning in the output. Thanks for letting me know so that i could fix these issues as i had never encountered these before.

2 Likes