Vanilla 3 - The pragmatic icon set for Roblox Studio

Hello @ForeverHD , How did you enable Custom Icon Dir Beta Feature?

I really wanna enable it, I’m so bored of the Old Icons

Nothing3

1 Like

I believe they haven’t rolled out to everyone yet, I’m sure you’ll receive it soon :+1:

3 Likes

Can Vanilla 3 icons be used for Roblox Studio plugins? For consistency reasons, it’d make sense for me to allow support for users to swap between a few different official and unofficial icon sets.

If you don’t want to wait for the official release, you can download MaximumADHD’s mod manager and then pass zqtitanstudioreleasehighdpi as the release channel and then override the following flags:

• HighDpiAndIconsBetaFeature → true
  • HighDpiAndIconsBetaFeatureRolloutPercent → 100
  • StudioUIRefreshBetaFeature → true
  • StudioUIRefreshBetaFeatureRolloutPercent → 100
8 Likes

Ah! Thanks for helping me! That’s what I needed to do to finally get the new Studio design again.

If you use Roblox Studio Mod Manager, enter “zqtitanstudioreleasehighdpi” into the “release channel” text field in its dialog box, and once Studio finishes reinstalling, you should have the new Studio design.
As a bonus, if you downloaded the new Vanilla icon pack and set it as your custom icon directory, you’ll immediately know if it worked for you, as the experience manager screen will have new icons in the left sidebar.

EDIT: Of, I was ninja’d! Still, yes, you will also need to set the FFlags that @Sinlernick mentioned as well.

3 Likes

do you know why this is happening? this error pops up whenever i go to edit FFlags &/or launch studio

edit: nevermind i kinda figured it out but its not quite right …

edit 2: nvm again, i reinstalled it and its working, thank you!

StudioService:GetClassIcon(className) should work unless there’s still a bug with it always returning the old icons. No reason to let users switch between different icon sets when you can just use the one that is currenly set by a user.

1 Like

do you think this bug is related?

(script editor selecting line 9 lines up from where i clicked)

Oh… I didn’t try using the script editor with this version of Studio. I just tried it and yeah, I’m getting the same bug. I tried starting it while my screen was at a different resolution and DPI (125% instead of 100%), and even tried changing DPI-related FFlags, but nothing fixes the bug.

I guess that’s the catch with this version of Roblox Studio: You get the cool Vanilla icons, and most parts work as expected, but when editing scripts, you have to only use your keyboard.

I’m not even sure what’s going on in that script editor; It somehow offsets the mouse’s position to ~8 lines above where you click, but dragging causes it to instantly snap back to where your cursor actually is. Also, it even offsets it way off to the left, into the sidebar, but yet every other part of the program’s UI is aligned correctly. :dizzy_face:

If you drag any script tab out to become its own undocked window, the alignment issue is reduced but is still there.

I know you’ve already fixed it, but I just tried manually entering a release channel into that window and got the same error. It seems that happens if you enter a channel that doesn’t exist on Roblox’s servers; If even one character is off, or if you accidentally include a space after the last letter, it’ll error out.

1 Like

That’s annoying :weary:

Hopefully we get the real update soon and we can have a fully working roblox studio

1 Like

Weird, I don’t have this kind of issue with the script editor.

Any ideas as to why I don’t have that release channel, and why mine says Studio Branch instead of Channel? Are you using a different version of the mod manager?

You have to download the latest version of the Roblox Studio Mod Manager as this was changed very recently:

Well, the thing is that… I have the very latest version. Or so I thought. Apparently, Windows messed with me and never replaced the mod manager file. Thanks!

How exactly did you solve it? I stumbled upon the same issue, and can’t seem to figure it out.

Did you type in the release channel’s name exactly? (For example, there can’t be a space after the text.) Also, it’s weird how Mod Manager works, but after entering the release channel name, I think you have to press enter then the dialog briefly greys out and updates.

Yup, straight copy n’ paste.

Ah. That was the issue. Thank you very much!

Same. It’s just like the sorta-rumored new character controller and the to-be-activated IKControl and Vector3:Angle(): I hope they become usable by the public just like the “UI refresh”.

1 Like