Video recorder and screenshot support for macOS

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to capture images and videos within my Roblox game without having to download some external application (which can be risky if you go to the wrong places). As of right now users on the Windows platform are able to record videos and take screenshots from within the game, however MacOS users are not.

In previous versions I’ve seen it in the Help Menu on MacOS a key bind for recording. So why isn’t this a feature? It cannot possibly be that hard to record an .mp4 file, or take a .png screenshot on MacOS from within the game.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience and those of many others because it would provide a quick and simple solution to a long on-going problem. The record and screenshot option has been a feature on the Windows platform for a long time, and while a MacOS running computer isn’t designed for gaming or video recording, this is what some people do choose to use, and it gets neglected constantly.

11 Likes