ViewportFrame rendering shouldn't have a resolution limit & should not have a white outline

I really wanted to use ViewportFrames for something but after testing them on some old models I found that they’re really ugly in my use-case. Here’s a comparison of (almost) exactly the same camera/model setup.

Here’s the the original setup. Looks pretty clean.

Here it is with viewport frames. The viewportframe render resolution limit of 1024 on any axis makes this image look soft and blurry.

To make matters worse, it has this ugly white outline

If these two issues were resolved I would happily use this new feature!

20 Likes

Make the viewportframe’s background color and border color black to fix the white outline.

5 Likes

I appreciate the help, but now there’s a black outline.

Less noticeable than the white especially when playing on a mp map but I agree there should be no outline there at all. It probably has to do with the alpha channel they are rendering on.

4 Likes

This is a feature I strongly agree with. It can improve use cases of viewport frames, (such as full screen maps, viewmodels, item inspections and many more). This would allow developers to be more creative with viewport frames.

I feel at the bare minimum the resolution limit of viewport frames should match that of the client’s own display. I.E. I have a 1920x1080 display, therefor the cap should be 1920x1080 rather than 1024x1024 and if the viewport frame’s size were to exceed that, then it should stretch.

11 Likes