Virtual world VideoLabels?

Hello!

I’m TeaAndCopy. I would like to see a new type of label introduced into the Roblox virtual world so that developers can make their games more advanced, interesting & unique.

Idea

My idea would be to introduce a new type of label called VideoLabel. This label would be like an ImageLabel only with a video property. As with game trailers, Roblox could follow the same rules & systems to making it work in the virtual world. The label could allow for a unique selection of progress bars on the video as well as some awesome effects to go with it.

As to make sure these videos are not breaking any laws or Roblox’s ToS, we could have users upload a video & wait for it to be checked by video moderators just like with images. You could either have a video tag as suggested above or grab the video by HTTP request.

Use Cases

• In-depth tutorials for games
  • Notifications for games / Achievements & challenges
  • A step by step guide on some miscellaneous subjects
  • Cutscenes
  • Ads? Potential adsence?

Conclusion

Overall I think that VideoLabels could be an interesting feature to Roblox and could help induce much more creative ideas and games.

Please post feedback below, I’m keen to hear your opinions!

-Tea

8 Likes

See the following post.

4 Likes

I did read that. I was elaborating on it; specifically the ‘videolabel’ aspect.

###“In-depth tutorials for games, A step by step guide on some miscellaneous subjects”
If you want in-depth, use interactive tutorials built into the game world. This was already covered in the linked post.

###“Cutscenes”
Cutscenes are best built using the camera and your game world, as also covered in the linked post.

###“Notifications for games / Achievements & challenges”
Elaborate on why you need videos for this. Simple animations could be built with spritesheets which are faster to load and don’t use up as much mobile data.

###“Ads? Potential adsence?”
ROBLOX is not looking to bring back in-game ads. They removed AdService because this kind of approach was being abused and there were a number of fundamental flaws with the feature itself (e.g. not enough ads impressions left to use)

1 Like